> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

On 12/12/2022 at 11:34 AM, Jeezla said:

I actually just forgot his name was TJ and thought it was Trent. I should probably smoke less.

Feel you on the last part cause I was high when I read your post and tried finding out if that was actually TJ's name and I ended up having no luck finding out what his real name is lol.

On 12/12/2022 at 11:34 AM, Jeezla said:

I haven't really watched Jalen Carter yet, but was hoping he'd have more than 3 sacks if he's going to be a stud 3T just box score scouting.

Yeah, I'm not gonna act like I've gone through multiple games of his with an in depth look, but he was hurt and he came back later in the year and looked good ever since then. Looking on PFF he's got a good amount of pressures for barely over 200 pass rush snaps, but yeah you would like to still see the sacks be a bit higher. At the end of the day he's just a truly gifted defensive tackle with a fantastic first step and great lateral agility. I think he's gonna be a top player at his position in the NFL probably sooner rather than later. He probably could stand to get more refined with his hands and  strengthen his base, cause he's a little light in the lower body. I think that's stuff that can get worked out over his first years in the league. 

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:
7 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

McShay has us taking Bijan at 5th overall. Tell me you have no clue what the Eagles prioritize without telling me you have no clue what the Eagles prioritize. Yikes.

Came to post this. Almost fell out of my chair. 

I turned on ESPN while I was cooking something and they brought on McShay and started talking about his mock and then brought up the graphic for Bijan at 5 to the Eagles and I swear I yelled a bunch of different explitives at him for like 10 straight seconds. It wasn't even real and I was hot lol.

I read or watch mock draft stuff all year and I'm already sick and tired of seeing Gibbs mocked to the Eagles at the end of the 1st round like its such a lazy *** pick. Same as people drafting us a RB last year or Linderbaum in the top 10-15. 🙄

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

McShay has us taking Bijan at 5th overall. Tell me you have no clue what the Eagles prioritize without telling me you have no clue what the Eagles prioritize. Yikes.

I saw a thumbnail and thought it was the later pick, which yeah if Bijan is there take him in the back Third. But Christ, 5th overall?!?

If we have #5 and (Young/Anderson/Carter/Stroud) all go ahead of us. Take Murphy or really take the bag. The draft has the Falcons taking Levis at #6, Panthers take Richardson super early at like #10.

So yeah if it’s like Bijan PLUS a second round pick, day 3 pick and a 2024 first from Carolina and more via a trade down…becomes a little more ok. 

Taking him at #5 isn’t gonna happen.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I saw a thumbnail and thought it was the later pick, which yeah if Bijan is there take him in the back Third. But Christ, 5th overall?!?

If we have #5 and (Young/Anderson/Carter/Stroud) all go ahead of us. Take Murphy or really take the bag. The draft has the Falcons taking Levis at #6, Panthers take Richardson super early at like #10.

So yeah if it’s like Bijan PLUS a second round pick, day 3 pick and a 2024 first from Carolina and more via a trade down…becomes a little more ok. 

Yeah I mean idk if he's going for accuracy, or if he even cares since it's his first mock, but I can say with 100% certainty that we won't be taking Bijan Robinson if we end up with 5. Anybody who does any studying on team building knows this is a trenches-centric team. Todd knows better. 

Edited by EagleBlueDon

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

If we traded down to 10 we still wouldnt consider taking a running back.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

It’s kind of a stretch to say we’ll take a RB before the second round, but if we were to take a RB in the first then Bijan makes complete sense. Problem is that the Eagles pick is gonna be somewhere near the bottom of the 1st and he should probably be gone by the early 20s or so. If he was to just fall in our laps at the end of the first then I’m cool with selecting Bijan just cause the value is so high for such a talented player. He’s about as well rounded of a back as you could want coming out of college. 

We almost certainly are losing Miles this offseason and he’s obviously gonna be a bigger hole to replace than people thought even just a few months ago. He’s been running better than he ever has. His first 2 years he had 10 drops (3 as a rookie and 7 in his 2nd year). The past 2 seasons (this one obv isn’t finished) he has 2 drops…. 1 last year and 1 this year. Over the past 2 years he also only has 1 fumble. He had 1 fumble in 2021 and he has 0 fumbles this year. We’ve seen he’s got better in pass pro and he even gave us a nice lead block on a QB draw. Really proud of the season he’s had cause I knew he was capable of it. Gonna be rooting for him to get as big of a bag as he can in FA.

Ultimately I’m not getting hopes up and we probably could use some combo of DT, DE and CB in the first round. Bijan probably goes before our second first round pick and we end up selecting someone on day 2.

Depends what the board is, as I always bring up…allegedly it was going to be McCaffrey if he was there at pick 12 in 2017. And they are both similar all-tools backs. 

Looking at it there really isn’t much difference at 10 to 16+ rn caliber wise. Those players could really go in any order.

Im just saying I’d get it a little more if that were the case. Trade back hoping someone falls, Bijan is the fall back luxury if another trade isn’t on the table. The value is getting another top 15 pick probably in 2024 and more.

Ideally if we are picking 10 after a trade down they take one of the DBs.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Depends what the board is, as I always bring up…allegedly it was going to be McCaffrey if he was there at pick 12 in 2017. And they are both similar all-tools backs. 

Looking at it there really isn’t much difference at 10 to 16+ rn caliber wise. Those players could really go in any order.

Im just saying I’d get it a little more if that were the case. Trade back hoping someone falls, Bijan is the fall back luxury if another trade isn’t on the table. The value is getting another top 15 pick probably in 2024 and more.

Ideally if we are picking 10 after a trade down they take one of the DBs.

Seems like every other year Howie "considers" a running back in the first and then never actually drafts that guy. 

You don't want a running back on a first round contract that is probably overpaying for a running back in the NFL.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It’s kind of a stretch to say we’ll take a RB before the second round, but if we were to take a RB in the first then Bijan makes complete sense. Problem is that the Eagles pick is gonna be somewhere near the bottom of the 1st and he should probably be gone by the early 20s or so. If he was to just fall in our laps at the end of the first then I’m cool with selecting Bijan just cause the value is so high for such a talented player. He’s about as well rounded of a back as you could want coming out of college. 

We almost certainly are losing Miles this offseason and he’s obviously gonna be a bigger hole to replace than people thought even just a few months ago. He’s been running better than he ever has. His first 2 years he had 10 drops (3 as a rookie and 7 in his 2nd year). The past 2 seasons (this one obv isn’t finished) he has 2 drops…. 1 last year and 1 this year. Over the past 2 years he also only has 1 fumble. He had 1 fumble in 2021 and he has 0 fumbles this year. We’ve seen he’s got better in pass pro and he even gave us a nice lead block on a QB draw. Really proud of the season he’s had cause I knew he was capable of it. Gonna be rooting for him to get as big of a bag as he can in FA.

Ultimately I’m not getting hopes up and we probably could use some combo of DT, DE and CB in the first round. Bijan probably goes before our second first round pick and we end up selecting someone on day 2.

Early round running back picks never seem to ever really help their franchise that much. I mean is Elliot the most succesful one in recent memory? And he is currently an overpaid shadow of himself that gets outclassed each game by his 4th round pick backup.

Early round running back picks never seem to ever really help their franchise that much. I mean is Elliot the most succesful one in recent memory? And he is currently an overpaid shadow of himself that gets outclassed each game by his 4th round pick backup.

I’m just playing devil’s advocate, those RBs also don’t usually have the best oline in the league, a top 3 TE, a top 5 WR and an emerging triple threat QB in the offense with them.

It’s a stupid thing to do when you need to build out your entire team. Which Zeke probably was the closest situation to that. It was dumb still, because their D needed a lot too on top of in general not always the best idea.

Seems like every other year Howie "considers" a running back in the first and then never actually drafts that guy. 

You don't want a running back on a first round contract that is probably overpaying for a running back in the NFL.

reporting seemed a little more was gonna happen not “Howie covers himself to placate dumb eagles fans”. Like Zberm, Les and some of the guys that actually report stuff and aren’t just vibes said it. 

They don’t like RBs*
*they are Brian Westbrook guys who can do all three things really well. McCaffrey was one, Bijan is similar. I seriously doubt it, but it’s not like a Josh Jacobs again.

17 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I’m just playing devil’s advocate, those RBs also don’t usually have the best oline in the league, a top 3 TE, a top 5 WR and an emerging triple threat QB in the offense with them.

It’s a stupid thing to do when you need to build out your entire team. Which Zeke probably was the closest situation to that. It was dumb still, because their D needed a lot too on top of in general not always the best idea.

reporting seemed a little more was gonna happen not “Howie covers himself to placate dumb eagles fans”. Like Zberm, Les and some of the guys that actually report stuff and aren’t just vibes said it. 

They don’t like RBs*
*they are Brian Westbrook guys who can do all three things really well. McCaffrey was one, Bijan is similar. I seriously doubt it, but it’s not like a Josh Jacobs again.

Best OL in the league is a good reason to not invest highly in a running back.

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

Gut feeling is telling me more and more that Howie will pay Miles unless he wants crazy money.

I mean unless the numbers are ridiculous, why not? Do people honestly believe his 2022 season is because it's a contract year or a result of being healthy and playing with "this group" of weapons?

I'm not saying Miles is replaceable but he has always had a high yds per carry just never had the amount of carries hes being rightfully force fed. Whether by health or committee. 

I've always been a Sanders fan, just never fed. 

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

There are going to be a lot of FA running backs this year I could see Miles pricing himself out and Howie taking better value

What do we think he's going to ask for and what do we think he is realistically worth? I'd say you offer him a contract similar to what Fournette got last year. Like you said, there's going to be a lot of running backs available via free agency this year and the demand for the position just isn't there - I can see him asking for a lot but I'd have to think he's ultimately going to get a market average deal.