> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Really meant to say I don't agree with it. Draft the next Paris Johnson next year. He's in every draft. 

With the way this team hits on and develops O-lineman, you gotta feel good about whomever they prioritize. If Stout wants him, I’m in. 

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

With the way this team hits on and develops O-lineman, you gotta feel good about whomever they prioritize. If Stout wants him, I’m in. 

Exactly.  OL is never sexy, never the "pick". Even people complained about the Lane Johnson selection. 

However what has been proven time and time again is, OL matters. Whether in the run game or protecting our soon to be $40-50M QB. Nothing else truly matters.

I mentioned the Eagles taking Skoronski (Howie pick) a couple months ago and was laughed at. However if in a 2 year span the Eagles managed to replace thier entire OL except Lane Johnson "successfully",  Get it and Get over it!

Peters -Mailata 

Seomalu- Dickerson

Kelce-Jurgens

Brooks/Isaac - Skoronski 

Lane-.......?

Edited by Nabbs4u

Always hate brushing past stuff like this. But it will be Interesting how some of this stuff about Jalen Carter effects the draft and his stock.

It’s paywalled, but basically he apparently gave different accounts of his involvement in the crash that killed a teammate and one staff member. And he supposedly was behind and potentially next to the car (speculation of street racing) and left the scene for 90 minutes after the crash until the Cops asked him to come back,. Led some to speculate he was sobering up, which is only backed up by the time and him being the one who said those in the crash had been drinking. He apparently was the name teammates who showed up had given for how they knew about the crash. He also had been ticketed before for going twice the speed limit and another car that was at the seen in footage was another teammate who actually got ticketed/charged with street racing.

I’m sure it’ll have a lot of teams looking into it. But could affect how far the bears move down, potentially take away one of the few top 10 locks.

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Always hate brushing past stuff like this. But it will be Interesting how some of this stuff about Jalen Carter effects the draft and his stock.

It’s paywalled, but basically he apparently gave different accounts of his involvement in the crash that killed a teammate and one staff member. And he supposedly was behind and potentially next to the car (speculation of street racing) and left the scene for 90 minutes after the crash until the Cops asked him to come back,. Led some to speculate he was sobering up, which is only backed up by the time and him being the one who said those in the crash had been drinking. He apparently was the name teammates who showed up had given for how they knew about the crash. He also had been ticketed before for going twice the speed limit and another car that was at the seen in footage was another teammate who actually got ticketed/charged with street racing.

I’m sure it’ll have a lot of teams looking into it. But could affect how far the bears move down, potentially take away one of the few top 10 locks.

oh wow I saw the piece where he paid for a teammates lunch for an entire year. Didn't know about the car crash issue.

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Slide to #10 ya say lol

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

They’re misdemeanors - this is a non-issue for Carter and won’t impact his draft stock. No GM is going to give a **** about driving related charges, he’s still a top pick. 

He was racing against a person who crashed and died. While the charges aren't significant the optics are pretty bad. 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

He was racing against a person who crashed and died. While the charges aren't significant the optics are pretty bad. 

It doesn’t matter. The GMs are not going to care about that - on the surface they may but behind closed doors this is a non-issue. If you have talent nobody that matters cares, it’s only the people on the outside who try to sway it one way. 

A GM in the NFL (or NBA) would’ve drafted Bin Laden if he ran a 4.2. The charges are minor, the GMs won’t care about the optics - 4 months down the road nobody will remember this. 

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It doesn’t matter. The GMs are not going to care about that - on the surface they may but behind closed doors this is a non-issue. If you have talent nobody that matters cares, it’s only the people on the outside who try to sway it one way. 

A GM in the NFL (or NBA) would’ve drafted Bin Laden if he ran a 4.2. The charges are minor, the GMs won’t care about the optics - 4 months down the road nobody will remember this. 

I wouldnt be upset if we took him at 10. 

24 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

They’re misdemeanors - this is a non-issue for Carter and won’t impact his draft stock. No GM is going to give a **** about driving related charges, he’s still a top pick. 

If anything they’d care about the lying to cops, potentially trying to avoid DUI, leaving a scene where people were hurt or potentially being the reason for said crash.

I agree it’s not like he’s gonna have a cataclysmic drop.