2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

17 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Get your jersey now gents. I’m 90% sure. For you Darnold haters acclimate yourselves while you still can. 

Who are the Darnold haters? Are there names? I haven't seen much if any hate pointed his way.

Or is anyone who sees another QB as a better option a hater?

I personally think there are 3 QBs worthy of being the #1 overall pick this year. Does that make me a Darnold hater even though I believe he is a good choice as the #1 pick? I don't have him in the all-time Elite QB prospect category, does that make me a hater?

Just trying to see who qualifies and what qualifies as a Darnold hater.

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ahh got it, Im just wondering why people are not on the Rosen train more than they are. Is it because Darnold's perceived ceiling is higher and since we have Tryod is can allow him a better chance to site for a year and potentially hit that ceiling? To me, Rosen is the best passer in this draft with the smallest amount of on-field concerns. Im just wondering why he isnt even in the discussion from not only the national media, but Browns fans alike.

I stated in another post how I read an article on NFL.com that a scout said Rosen is the best pure passing product with the best mechanics he has ever seen. How is that guy not in the discussion at #1 when we all seem to be on the Darnold train eventhough he does have his flaws Rosen seems to have less of.

I know I’m on the Darnold train because I just think he’s the better qb. Darnold and Rosen have been 1a 1b since about halfway thru the season. I’ve also been saying since then that the closer to the draft the more the media will catch up with what scouts actually believe. With good reason the media has nothing to gain if it’s the boring same old. If they jumped on the Darnold train way back then they’d lose readers. They have to stir controversy. Btw the Rosen doesn’t want to play for Cleveland crap was manipulated by the media also. I remember reading the same crap during the college season of Manning and Leaf. Read the same things with Luck and RG3. On this very forum. Many in here (footballs future that is) were convinced RG3 would/should go first. The media sold it as facts and people suck that crap up likes it’s heroin. 

Btw Rosen is absolutely talked about as best qb on another Browns forum I frequent. Although I’m seeing Darnold slowly sneaking up with many in there coincidentally enough as the media is starting to feed it. 

If you guys can’t tell I’m not a big media fan. ? Or pro days. Or the combine ?

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Who are the Darnold haters? Are there names? I haven't seen much if any hate pointed his way.

I personally think there are 3 QBs worthy of being the #1 overall pick this year. Does that make me a Darnold hater even though I believe he is a good choice as the #1 pick? I don't have him in the all-time Elite QB prospect category, does that make me a hater?

There are a few in here. You’ve read the posts I’m sure. But I was speaking more in generalities in this instance. 

7 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

There are a few in here. You’ve read the posts I’m sure. But I was speaking more in generalities in this instance. 

There really aren't. At least I can't think of more than one. And the media is Darnold love 24/7. So, while I know we're used to being a persecuted minority, not sure it fits this situation.

18 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Really.

His ball gets to where it is supposed to, sometimes with remarkable precision, touch.

Who gives a rat's butt about how it looks?

I am somewhat surprised that "butt" didn't get Webbied.

I had a girlfriend when I was young who said that it is alright to say "fudge" when you really meant something else that begins with an "F.

Never understood it.

20 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yes, I think a line should be drawn between Darnold haters and those simply with poor judgment.

10 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

There really aren't. At least I can't think of more than one. And the media is Darnold love 24/7. So, while I know we're used to being a persecuted minority, not sure it fits this situation.

Not going to drop names but there are. The media is certainly not Darnold love 24/7. There are still many out there riding the Mayfield jock as well as Rosen. It’s why there is still a “controversy” of who the Browns should take. Heck it’s still flaming the we should take Barkley at one because we can still get a close enough qb at 4. Also many including everybody’s hype man Kiper are on the Allen bandwagon. There’s still no consensus best qb in the draft according to the media. It’s working because we’re talking about it. 

26 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Yes, I think a line should be drawn between Darnold haters and those simply with *poor judgment.

*Poor opinion, in your opinion, there really isn't anything to judge yet. Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold all have the arm talent, physical ability and college big school experience/success with near NFL talent around them to show they are a good prospect. Darnold could be terrible in the NFL, as could any of the QBs in the draft and Mayfield could be a HOFer, as could any of the QBs in the draft. None of the top 3 have serious accuracy concerns, serious intelligence concerns, serious arm ability concerns or any real serious concerns period. Rosen has a health concern but I would call it a moderate concern, Mayfield is a honey badger, not a major concern and Darnold has a potential problem with internet stalkers much like Goff did but that isn't really an on the field concern.

I like all three of those prospects more than I liked Goff.

As much as I like Rosen... I found this interesting considering the way both him and Darnold are talked about at times.

Interceptions:
Josh Rosen: 26 picks in 26 games. 
Sam Darnold: 22 picks in 23 games. 

Completion%:
Josh Rosen: 62.6 
Sam Darnold: 64.9

Touchdowns:

Josh Rosen: 65 in 30 games

Sam Darnold: 64 in 23 games

Yards per attempt:
Josh Rosen: 8 
Sam Darnold: 8.5

Rushing:
Josh Rosen: 109 attempts for -154 yards
Sam Darnold: 137 attempts for 332 yards 

QB Rating:
Josh Rosen: 140.1 
Sam Darnold: 153.7

Both played in the same conference.

Both had bad to terrible o-lines though Rosen’s LT might be a first round pick and his C might be a mid round pick. Darnold won’t have a drafted lineman and basically played under constant pressure.

Both had lacklustre receivers though Rosen’s main target might be a mid round pick. Darnold will likely not have a receiver drafted. Darnold’s RB will be drafted round 2 most likely.

Darnold, in similar circumstances, was better in every category. 

The only thing that can be used to swing it is fumbles, and I’m fairly sure that Rosen had a high number one season too. It seems to me at least that fumbles has become a cure-all in the case for putting down Sam Darnold.

Interesting how Rosen is a perfect, refined prospect and Darnold is a bag of shhh that will throw it to the other team at any given moment...

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Interesting how Rosen is a perfect, refined prospect and Darnold is a bag of shhh that will throw it to the other team at any given moment...

No one said that. Seems some Darnold fans are extremely sensitive. If you mention his fumbles that is putting him down? I'd hate to critique some of you guys if I were your supervisor. I would hope that these QBs take constructive criticism a lot better than their fans do.

Many people on this board are completely trashing Baker as far as being a legitimate prospect and those same guys seem to be extremely offended when there is mention that their favorite isn't a flawless prospect.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

As much as I like Rosen... I found this interesting considering the way both him and Darnold are talked about at times.

Interceptions:
Josh Rosen: 26 picks in 26 games. 
Sam Darnold: 22 picks in 23 games. 

Completion%:
Josh Rosen: 62.6 
Sam Darnold: 64.9

Touchdowns:

Josh Rosen: 65 in 30 games

Sam Darnold: 64 in 23 games

Yards per attempt:
Josh Rosen: 8 
Sam Darnold: 8.5

Rushing:
Josh Rosen: 109 attempts for -154 yards
Sam Darnold: 137 attempts for 332 yards 

QB Rating:
Josh Rosen: 140.1 
Sam Darnold: 153.7

Both played in the same conference.

Both had bad to terrible o-lines though Rosen’s LT might be a first round pick and his C might be a mid round pick. Darnold won’t have a drafted lineman and basically played under constant pressure.

Both had lacklustre receivers though Rosen’s main target might be a mid round pick. Darnold will likely not have a receiver drafted. Darnold’s RB will be drafted round 2 most likely.

Darnold, in similar circumstances, was better in every category. 

The only thing that can be used to swing it is fumbles, and I’m fairly sure that Rosen had a high number one season too. It seems to me at least that fumbles has become a cure-all in the case for putting down Sam Darnold.

Don't bother us with facts! :)

Archived