candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

15 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Good call!

Personally, I cannot see Dorsey picking Mayfield, Rosen or Allen for one simple reason: They all have well-publicized question marks that could come back and bite him and inevitably lead to second-guessing the selection if the question marks manifest themselves in performance (i.e.. If Mayfield doesn't live up to his hype and brings bad drama to the team; if Rosen is MIA due to injury; and if Allen still can't hit the broad side of a barn with his throws).

Darnold is a safe pick in that he is the consensus best QB of the bunch.

Even if he flames out for whatever reason, very few will question Dorsey's judgment in selecting him. 

You make some cogent points there, but counter points are pretty easy to come up with. Mayfield has the best accuracy by far and has demonstrated it for 3 straight years now. If Dorsey took Allen and not Mayfield and Mayfield ended up being great, one would look at the accuracy percentage difference and see in hindsight that it was clear. If Darnold turns the ball over like crazy and ends up busting, people will look to how clear that looked in some of the tape that that may be an issue. If Rosen ends up being the best quarterback in the draft and stays healthy, people will look at how clearly Rosen was going to be a franchise quarterback if he stayed healthy. Dorsey just has to trust his scouting and draft board and get his guy. Until then, we can all speculate as to who that is or if he has multiple guys rated the same, is looking at trade downs etc.

Ball not dropping at all before release here. This was something I noticed when watching Darnold. His release is funky, but it’s quick. Whenever he needed to get it out fast, he did. But it would vary across plays. Compacting the release would be sweet, but it’s mainly the footwork that I’m keen for him to improve on over time.

Doubt this means too much, as they will all be in for private workouts. Possible source of buzz for those that want Darnold though.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s Darnold.  It’s always been Darnold.

Rest easy @Aztec Hammer

You have a special ability to put things into perspective, sir.

I remember reading that Zampese and Darnold got on really well at the combine. Quick look at Zampese’s history tells me he’s from the same region as Sam and got his start as a grad assistant at USC. This likely means little but I’m going to pretend it’s further evidence of the budding relationship they will have over the next few years.

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

You have a special ability to put things into perspective, sir.

My wife might disagree.

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I remember reading that Zampese and Darnold got on really well at the combine. Quick look at Zampese’s history tells me he’s from the same region as Sam and got his start as a grad assistant at USC. This likely means little but I’m going to pretend it’s further evidence of the budding relationship they will have over the next few years.

From what I’ve ready, everyone gets along well with the kid, he’s just an easygoing, likable guy.

Draft “experts” want to create intrigue and such to indices clicks, but I’ve felt it’s always been Darnold, since the Rose Bowl at the beginning of 2017, just like it was always Garrett last year.

8 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Ball not dropping at all before release here. This was something I noticed when watching Darnold. His release is funky, but it’s quick. Whenever he needed to get it out fast, he did. But it would vary across plays. Compacting the release would be sweet, but it’s mainly the footwork that I’m keen for him to improve on over time.

Doubt this means too much, as they will all be in for private workouts. Possible source of buzz for those that want Darnold though.

Ok this elongated delivery crap needs laid to rest. This is no way Tebow like. I fully understand why he didn’t work on it, nor should he. Watch the third video in the above post. I’m talking over and over. Let it sink in. (Unless of course you’re a hater). Watch the last 2/3rds of his release. It is lightning quick. Ok now go watch some of the greats how they pat the ball and then release it. It’s a timing nuance. Now go back and watch Darnold, he doesn’t pat the ball. That little hitch he has takes the place of patting the ball. Boom it’s his timing nuance. Btw I’ve never seen one of his ints be because of his hitch. 

Get your jersey now gents. I’m 90% sure. For you Darnold haters acclimate yourselves while you still can. 

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Daniel Jeremiah says from what he’s hearing, “everything leads me to believe the choice will likely come down to Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield.” 

So Daniel Jeremiah’s sources have led him to where half of us were a month and a half ago ?.

I sometimes wonder, how much of an idea do the QB prospects have as to where they’re going, at this point?

I say this because in this social media era I feel like there might be clues abound. For example:

- On instagram, the nfl page posted a Mock with Darnold going 1 to the Browns, and in the comments he has tagged his old teammate Darreus Rogers with ‘?’. Would he really do this if he bombed the interviews and caught a bad vibe, as I’ve read in here before.

19 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

- On instagram, the nfl page posted a Mock with Darnold going 1 to the Browns, and in the comments he has tagged his old teammate Darreus Rogers with ‘?’. Would he really do this if he bombed the interviews and caught a bad vibe, as I’ve read in here before.

I have no idea what this means. I'm apparently emoji illiterate. Can you explain your thoughts/what exactly this could mean?

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I have no idea what this means. I'm apparently emoji illiterate. Can you explain your thoughts/what exactly this could mean?

Haha. I’m annoyed that I’m emoji literate. It’s used like “oooh look at this bro”. Or possibly a callback to a previous conversation that you’ve had with someone about something, and it’s starting to come to fruition. So then you drop that eye emoji right in there.

My impression (putting aside the fact it’s just an emoji on a social media app) was that he might know something about going 1 to the Browns.

Of course he could simply just be feeling a buzz about seeing a mock where he’s pencilled in to go number one overall.

Personally, I’m going to decipher it in the way that is best for me. And that’s the idea that Darnold knows he’s going number one.

Archived