So who do you think wins the NFC East this season?

aceinthehouse

2022 Division winner  

71 members have voted

1. 1. So who wins the NFC East in 2022…?

• Dallas Cowboys= Last years Division Winner
    • Philadelphia Eagles= Playoff team last year
    • Washington Commanders= The beginning of a new era
    • New York Giants= Does the sleeping Giant awake?

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

We all know Dallas loves to break its fans' hearts. My guess this year is that they'll have a shot to win the division and/or make the playoffs in the final week, but blow it. This will be followed by another epic Stephen A First Take segment.

Gonna be a strong Stephen A year.

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

tough Packers game

I'm not so sure that Packers game will be as tough as previous years. Love Rodgers, but he'll be throwing to a bunch of unproven dudes. Might depend if we play them in like week 2 vs week 15 after those young packers have time to acclimate. Still Rodgers tho, so yea, it'll prob be tough.

Edited by Jeezla

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Call it whatever you want, but its a fact.

The last team to win the division in back-to-back years was the Philadelphia Eagles in 03 / 04 when the Eagles won the division for the 3rd and 4th consecutive times and I don't see that changing this season either. Dallas could've done it in 20 / 21, but Dak going down with the ankle injury for the season and Washington ended up taking it. 

This division last year was closer than people think. If the Eagles were to play their starters in the final game at home instead of sitting everybody and playing 3rd to 4th stringers and a bunch of dudes we called up from the practice squad, then the records to finish the season last year would've been 11 wins for Dallas and 10 wins for the Eagles. Dallas struggled against teams with winning records for the most part. They were able to get a close win against a Chargers team last year... a team the Eagles probably should've beaten. It took them an overtime to beat the Patriots. They beat a Saints team that barely finished over .500 less convincingly than the Eagles did. People wanna talk about the Eagles record being deceiving when the Cowboys 12-5 record they had is just as deceiving if not more so.

The Cowboys last year were in their 2nd year with the same veteran HC and a veteran QB. A team in their 2nd year with a coach usually takes a step up. Eagles had a QB starting for his first season of his career. Yeah, he was thrown in the fire for some starts after Wentz was benched, but he wasn't really ready then. He just had to do it, cause of the circumstances with Wentz melting down. The Eagles also last year had a first time HC who was also a first time offensive play caller in Nick Sirianni and a first time defensive coordinator and play caller in Jonathan Gannon. They were finding their footing early in the season. Sirianni completely adjusted from throwing the ball a ton to start the year to being the most run heavy team in the league and the Eagles took off and didn't really look back till Tom Brady and Todd Bowles put us in our place in the playoffs. I think Gannon got somewhat better as the season went on as well, but I think he really couldn't run his defense like he wanted to last year, cause we didn't have near the talent necessary for it. He kept things super simple and played the safeties super deep since he couldn't trust them to not give up big plays. Doing that did help us limit big plays, but we instead gave up a ton of throws underneath with softer coverages despite our corners playing well. We still have the same issue at safety really as it stands, so I'm not gonna act like everything on defense has changed. But, we did upgrade that unit a decent bit. We brought in Kyzir White from the Chargers who had his best season of his career last year and is much better in coverage than Alex Singleton who was starting the majority of the year and was a sieve in coverage. We brought in Nakobe Dean one of the best LBs in this draft. We brought in Jordan Davis which will make our run defense go from tied for 5th in the league last year in YPC allowed to probably 1st in the NFL. Haason Reddick was brought in as the top FA signing to upgrade the pass rush and fit into the SAM backer role in our defense whose duty is to mainly rush the passer.  On offense we may have the best starting OL in the league and we might have the best depth in the league on the OL as well or close to it. We brought in AJ Brown to give Hurts a 2nd really good WR and a great compliment to DeVonta Smith who was impressive as a rookie. Even Quez Watkins showed strides from his rookie to 2nd year in 2021. Dallas Goedert is one of the very best TEs in football. Our run game despite not having a Jonathan Taylor or Derrick Henry ran for by far the most yards in the league. Jalen Hurts has got better every single year since his true freshman year at Bama. It has been incremental improvements year to year, but he has improved every season of his football career since he got to college all the way till last season. He's a super hard worker despite his flaws and I expect him to take another step up. A significant one? No clue. Also, Jalen Hurts hasn't been in the same offense since he played for his dad back in HS. Never in college or the pros has he been in the same offense for two consecutive years. This will be his first time doing such under Sirianni.

The Cowboys on the other hand obviously have the best QB in the division, but for the most part their team stayed the same or they got worse. They let go of La'el Collins who was a good RT. They let go of Amari Cooper who was their best route runner and who drew a lot of coverage away from Ceedee Lamb and Cedrick Wilson (who they also lost). They have Michael Gallup coming back, but he's returning off a serious injury. They lost Connor Williams and while he did commit a lot of penalties, so did their first round rookie who they have replacing him. Williams wasn't as bad as Cowboys fans make him out to be last year and I have my doubts a rookie guard is going to be a significant upgrade if he even is one. The Cowboys have a declining Zeke who is taking up carries that should rightfully have started going to Tony Pollard. But, Zeke does what he wants and if he wants to stay in the game he can make that decision basically on his own. The Cowboys lost Randy Gregory who despite the lack of sack numbers last year was a real good pass rusher for them. They drafted Sam Williams in the 2nd and brought in Dante Fowler and have Dorance Armstrong who was part of the rotation, but none of them might be as good as Gregory was last year as the starter. Micah Parsons might not be rushing off the EDGE as much this year either which is where he made a lot of his impact last year.

Could Dallas win the division? Sure. The streak of years without a consecutive division winner will be broken by some team eventually. It is just bound to happen, but the Eagles are gonna have a great shot to build on what they did last year and take the division right back from the Cowboys. This is Jason Kelce's last year with the Eagles who is the heartbeat of our team. I'd be surprised if the team isn't doing every single thing in their power to win the division and get back to the playoffs for him. 

I had confidence after the season before we went through the off-season process that the Eagles would have a good shot the following season to win the division and the way both teams off-seasons have gone has only reinforced that feeling.

This is a decent post with a lot of things I agree with, some I dont. But the truth is: If Hurts doesnt improve, the rest of your roster is not good enough to beat us. There are literally 2 paths that get you to the title:

1. Dak gets hurt

2. Hurts gets a lot better as a passer

Wildcard: Cowboys quit on McCarthy as the Sean Payton factor looms over us all season.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a decent post with a lot of things I agree with, some I dont. But the truth is: If Hurts doesnt improve, the rest of your roster is not good enough to beat us. There are literally 2 paths that get you to the title:

1. Dak gets hurt

2. Hurts gets a lot better as a passer

Wildcard: Cowboys quit on McCarthy as the Sean Payton factor looms over us all season.

Nah there are other paths too. Dak could not get injured and Hurts could take another small step up and we could still win the division.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I think Washington is being very underestimated, but I do understand.

It's Rivera's 3rd year, so he probably knows that he needs to make a push for at least a Playoff birth, or his job could be in jeopardy.

A QB in Wentz most everyone has lost confidence in & that's including Wentz himself.

I think their schedule favors them this year, if they take advantage of it. Last year, they played 10 games vs Playoff opponents.

This year, they draw Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, 49ers, Vikings, Jaguars, Falcons & Giants x2.

All winnable games, imo. That's 10 games.

Titans, Browns & Packers being 3 very tough opponents as well & the Cowboys x2 & Eagles x2.

If Washington can stay relatively healthy & their Defense decides to show up this year? Their going to be in most games.

This is a team that beat the Raiders & Bucs last yr.

Lost to the Chargers by 4.

But it's all gonna come down to Carson Wentz.

& The Washington Defense.

Edited by aceinthehouse

30 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

think Washington is being very underestimated, but I do understand.

TBF - before this weekend I thought you guys would be better than the Eagles. But them getting Brown and Davis is annoyingly solid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

TBF - before this weekend I thought you guys would be better than the Eagles. But them getting Brown and Davis is annoyingly solid.

Oh I agree.

If Jalen Hurts just doesn't suck this year?

They will be a tough opponent for everyone.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'm not so sure that Packers game will be as tough as previous years. Love Rodgers, but he'll be throwing to a bunch of unproven dudes. Might depend if we play them in like week 2 vs week 15 after those young packers have time to acclimate. Still Rodgers tho, so yea, it'll prob be tough.

I like this team more than the previous two years. We're getting 2 All-Pros back on our OL and improving at 4/5 positions because of that. We added pieces into our front 7 on defense and are getting a healthy Jaire back as well. Obviously lost Davante but are getting Tonyan back and adding Watson, Watkins, Doubs and Toure to that room. 

This feels like a MUCH deeper team though, should be an elite defense this year.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Good QB's the Eagles will play against:
Dak
Rodgers

Above average QB's the Eagles will play against:
Kyler
Tanny
Cousins

Good QB's the Cowboys play against:
Rodgers
Brady
Burrow

Above average QB's the Cowboys play against:
Stafford
Cousins
Tanny

Eagles should win the division, since both teams really struggle to beat other good teams outside of the division, and Dallas will play more of those teams. Dallas O worse on paper since the end of the season. Eagles O better on paper since end of the season. I don't think either defense takes a noticeable step back or forward.

If The Commies brought in a new staff I'd feel better about their chances, even with bi-polar Wentz, but I think Ron Rivera is basically Jeff Fisher at this point, and don't really expect them to improve under his watch.

The Giants should be one of the favorites to land CJ Stroud or Bryce Young.

Make no mistake though, whatever team wins this division will immediately lose it's 1st playoff game.

Yeah, this is right. Eagles should be the favorites to win, given this division's inability to have a repeat winner.

Fun stat- the Giants had more wins against playoff teams than the Eagles did last year, and had the same number as the Cowboys (1). Washington actually had the most (2). None of these teams are good, although a lot can change quickly. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Fun stat- the Giants had more wins against playoff teams than the Eagles did last year, and had the same number as the Cowboys (1). Washington actually had the most (2). None of these teams are good, although a lot can change quickly. 

Give it a year man. Your guys cap situation sucked this offseason, but next year you have a TON of cap to play with. If you get a QB in the offseason which you will whether it’s in the draft or a vet they will undoubtedly be an upgrade on Daniel Jones and I think next year you will take that jump to playoff contention fans are dying for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

Dallas again. It looks like the Cowboys are on the verge of entering their third golden age (the first two being 1965-85 and 1991-99).

Cowboys can't win a playoff game and this current "Team" is getting lumped in with SB Champions and a Dynasty? 

I mean you are partially correct I guess. They are almost 2 decades removed from a SB. (95-2022)