So who do you think wins the NFC East this season?

aceinthehouse

2022 Division winner  

71 members have voted

1. 1. So who wins the NFC East in 2022…?

• Dallas Cowboys= Last years Division Winner
    • Philadelphia Eagles= Playoff team last year
    • Washington Commanders= The beginning of a new era
    • New York Giants= Does the sleeping Giant awake?

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The DE one I think you’d agree is a stretch, but fair enough.

It think it helps that you had that realistic outlook on the team. From the outside looking looking I can’t say the read that the majority of the fanbase viewed things that way…but maybe I’m wrong there. Obviously the national side of things is way down on what they did. But can only take that so far.

There is a reason every Fan/Site/Analyst was projecting us OL/DL picks. And it wasnt because either unit was top 10.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Would you say doing what they should do (in your opinion) = being better for 2022 tho?

Most Cowboys fans think we are gearing up for 2023. I still think we will be in the playoffs in 2022. And once you are in, anything can happen. 

Ya know how all you guys keep telling us that the Cowboys have a harder SOS because we play a first place schedule? Well, turns out it easier. Because we still get you scrubs on our schedule, but yall gotta play us twice.

29. Giants: 134–154–1 (0.465)
30. Eagles: 133–154–2 (0.464)
31. Cowboys: 133–155–1 (0.462)
31. Commanders: 133–155–1 (0.462)

The Cowboys are clearly the favorites because of QB. I'd say Washington and the Eagles could win with improvements/health and the Giants having a very outside shot because I have no faith Daniel Jones will improve. Any team can win though and this conversation is for sure way too early.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ya know how all you guys keep telling us that the Cowboys have a harder SOS because we play a first place schedule? Well, turns out it easier. Because we still get you scrubs on our schedule, but yall gotta play us twice.

29. Giants: 134–154–1 (0.465)
30. Eagles: 133–154–2 (0.464)
31. Cowboys: 133–155–1 (0.462)
31. Commanders: 133–155–1 (0.462)

Only thing separating the SOS is that fraud week 18 win lol.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Only thing separating the SOS is that fraud week 18 win lol.

You guys like to call it a fraud win because you think you would have actually wouldve had a shot against us.

You wouldnt.

Stop pretending you would have. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

You guys like to call it a fraud win because you think you would have actually wouldve had a shot against us.

You wouldnt.

Stop pretending you would have. 

Your starters were struggling to be better than our back ups and a bunch of practice squad guys for most of that first half. 😂😂😭

Eagles were playing great in the second half of the year after they found their identity. Cowboys were struggling hard. The main reason you played your starters was cause Dak needed a tune up game before the playoffs in the worst way.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Your starters were struggling to be better than our back ups and a bunch of practice squad guys for most of that first half. 😂😂😭

Eagles were playing great in the second half of the year after they found their identity. Cowboys were struggling hard. The main reason you played your starters was cause Dak needed a tune up game before the playoffs in the worst way.

Bruh. Stop it. We beat you 51-26. It was 30-17 at half. It basically looks like the last 2 games against your starters. Ya know, when we beat you 41-21 and 37-17 (with our back ups). 

Even though it was your back ups, they are still NFL players who were playing their biggest rival on national TV at home in front of all their friends and families. Ya know, kinda like last season when you brought your starters into our stadium and got boat raced by Andy Dalton. Pride is a motivator. 

PS: If your back ups suck that bad, it means your depth is terrible and your team will continue to be our child.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Bruh. Stop it. We beat you 51-26.

That was your best game of the year and our worst.

You didn't start to pull away in the 2nd game against back-ups and practice squad guys till like 2 mins left in the 1st half lol.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

PS: If your back ups suck that bad, it means your depth is terrible and your team will continue to be our child.

Our depth was bad last year... we had some pretty crappy starters in the mix too.

We were lucky last year to stay relatively healthy unlike the past 3 years where we struggled mightily with injuries.

Not to mention guys that don't play in games aren't gonna be in game shape. You guys put your back-ups in against our back-ups like around the beginning of the 4th quarter and then when our back-ups were gassed late in the game when you pulled the starters and put in your back-ups and your fans were like "see... even our back-ups beat yours" like no crap dudes who haven't been playing in game get tired out by 3 quarters and change against your starters and then have to keep going against your fresh back-ups its not gonna look that great lol. You guys still struggled for most of that 1st half before pulling away late. Facts are facts.

And, week 4 of last year is pretty irrelevant regarding what will happen in the games we play this year. I get it though. That game on prime time was your SB.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

The job Howie Roseman did to address their trenches with Davis / Jurgens / Dean (even if he misses half the season) and then adding AJ Brown, A+ weekend.    I love their odds at +300 to win I think they’ve closed the gap between them & Dallas in a big way.  

Really it’s going to come down to if they can split the 2 games.  Do that, and I love their chances.  Took a shot at that value.  

The worst team in the NFL over the last 6 regular season games and the wildcard was not Houston or Jacksonville or Detroit. It was Arizona.

They were 1-5 in those 6 games with a -62 in 5 of those 6 games... and they beat Dallas in Dallas.

Yeah, sure Dallas would have a free win against Philly's starters in Philly because of all that dominance. 😄

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

The worst team in the NFL over the last 6 regular season games and the wildcard was not Houston or Jacksonville or Detroit. It was Arizona.

They were 1-5 in those 6 games with a -62 in 5 of those 6 games... and they beat Dallas in Dallas.

You mean one of those games were we lost by 3 and Greg NoLeg had a missed field goal?  Cool story bro.

Yeah, sure Dallas would have a free win against Philly's starters in Philly because of all that dominance. 😄

Not our dominance, its how much you guys suck when playing us. You guys are just pathetic since Hurts became your starter. We average beating you by like 20 points a game.

Edited by Matts4313

19 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't hate the Eagles. I don't expect your team to be any good, but your division is such a dumpster fire that it should only take 8 games to win it.

What I do hate is Philly fully taking advantage of a stupid Vikings GM who gave up a 1st and 4th for a QB that 1) was never considered a longterm option, 2) had a major injury history with his knees and 3) refused to do anything but checkdown. I hated Minny for making that trade, and I still hate it to this day.

Ignore the troll. He thinks anyone who isn't graveling at the feet of the Eagles is just a hater or a homer, despite the person just giving an honest opinion and having no connection to the team whatsoever.

And to be perfectly blunt here @Matts4313 he's been making you look good lately too. Because for years I thought you were the most homer fan in the NFCE on the forum and I take that back now lol.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:24 PM, Matts4313 said:

This is patently false.  First of all, double teams are completely overblown. The concept that a WR is "constantly drawing coverage" is also overblown. Most WRs get doubled ~7-10% of the time. 

Lamb and Copper played the boundaries vs slot ball park the same. Cooper *never* had a DB follow him, not corner or safety.

"Double teams" for WRs is certainly up there with the most overused statement by fans.

These are for people who play too much madden and don't really understand defensive concepts. They act like DCs are going into weekly preps and saying to their DBs "your not good enough to cover X player alone so today we're going to practice with two DBs covering X player to simulate in-game action".

There are certain WRs who demand more attention than others and coaches plan around them for sure, but the idea that teams "double" a teams best WR is way overblown. I thought we was past this point by now in the modern era but I guess not.

But more to the point. This is especially true for an offense like the Cowboys that played against zone coverage 59% of the time last year (8th in the league) while only playing against man 27% (19th).  So the notion that either Cooper or Lamb was being shadowed on a regular basis is completely false.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:24 PM, Matts4313 said:

Cooper has drop issues as well, but you are right one this one. This is the only knock against Lamp. And the weird thing is he normally drops the easy passes and makes the tougher ones. Just needs to hit the jugs machine and get his consistency up. 

Dropped passes are very subjective depending on criteria and who is charting them.

But FWIW, Cooper's drops have been an issue since his Raider days but it's also been improved a lot with Dallas.  His drop % went from an average of 12.1% in 4 years with the Raiders, down to 5.1% with the Cowboys. This passes both the eye test and stats provided by SIS. I gave up on him after his time with the Raiders mainly because of this reason but he proved me wrong in Dallas and became the playmaker I never thought he would. Despite playing a year with Dalton at QB.

I do think losing him is a bigger deal to the Cowboys than your leading on, but I also don't think of Cooper as irreplaceable either.

That said, and more to the point, you're right that Lamb has drop issues too, and even moreso than Cooper these last 2 years. But ironically, AJ Brown has the same drop % in each of these last 2 years (7,2% each) as Lamb did last season (7.2%).

• Like 2