Washington signs G Trai Turner to 1 yr $3 million

MikeT14

Omg he’s from Carolina 😵💫😵💫😵💫 this was a guy earlier in the offseason I thought we’d look at good player health will be something but it gives us a guy who can play. We know Ron is going to play vets early before he gives the young guys chances most the time.

59 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Cue the jokes, but it's a good depth signing. 

I seriously doubt this is depth. He's going to start. Norwell and Turner are your starting guards. This Panther thing has gotten out of control. Expecting Star to be signed soon as well.

Edited by lavar703

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I seriously doubt this is depth. He's going to start.

I should have said *at worst a good depth signing* that's a good point. He likely starts. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Norwell and Turner are your starting guards. This Panther thing has gotten out of control. Expecting Star to be signed soon as well.

Neither are bad though. The cronyism is, but the signings have honestly not been. 

The dude is a 5-time probowler. I would bet he starts at RG.

Our line is gonna be better than what the Colts had for Wentz. Heck, it was last yr.

Plus, we have the rookie Paul for depth.

We have McLaurin, Samuels, Dyami Brown & Dotson.

Logan Thomas, Bates & Cole Taylor at TE.

Gibson, McKissic & now Robinson in the backfield. 

We're 3-deep at every position on Offense including QB. 

With the exception to OT.

This team is making the Playoffs, gentleman.

9 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Our line is gonna be better than what the Colts had for Wentz. Heck, it was last yr.

You said it First, I'll Second it ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Idk you could argue OT too, I love corn Lucas and we have Saahdiq who can play too, he can do multiple positions. We don’t have a stat but we have hella depth and could honestly rotate to keep guys fresh 

21 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Neither are bad though. The cronyism is, but the signings have honestly not been. 

They look okay, but let’s look backwards a bit: have we gotten anyone good out of the Carolina cronyism approach to this point? 

The best outcome from that “pipeline” we’ve had is Heinicke, and whether you consider him to be any good is very much open to interpretation. And he’s really more of a Turner legacy than a Carolina one, like these other dudes that got drafted there by this regime. Their best additions, by far, have come from the non-Carolina basket — yet that’s the group they’ve chosen to ignore this offseason.

On their face, the additions of these guys this offseason are not bad, as you say. But they’re clearly forcing the Carolina thing at this point — there is no way that the three best guys on the market for us just so happened to play for this group years ago. That’s less than optimal, when you’re imposing an added factor (that doesn’t matter) on your decisions to sign players. There’s a point where these decent/solid Carolina signings are taking the place of potentially better additions, guys who are younger or healthier or have more physical upside, etc. The lack of familiarity certainly didn’t hurt guys like McKissic, Leno, Thomas, Flowers, Schweitzer, McCain, etc., but we’re not seeing those guys this year. 

I think the real test case will be Star Lotulelei. There is a ton of veteran talent left at DT, many of whom are better bets than him. If they land on him, over all these other guys who are still out there, then they really have jumped the shark. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Our line has gotten worse since last year, so hopefully that remains true. Flowers/Scherff >> Norwell/Turner, unless we’re back in 2015. Leno is a year older (and not playing for a contract) and Roullier is coming off a major injury. 

I have lot of faith in John Matsko to put together a quality OL, but it’s less than ideal that we’re just bleeding talent on both lines at this point. 

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

bleeding talent on both lines

I'm curious why you think the Dline got worse?  I think it could be argued that we didn't efficiently utilized our 2nd round pick, but he should but an upgrade over the DT depth we had last year.  We have Chase Young returning from injury. I think our Dline will be better than last year.