The Bears Defensive Depth Chart

WindyCity

2 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Not at all....our TE group is straight up good, really it's just up to Kmet to step it up another level....our 1-2 punch at RB is the best in the division, and kind of top half of the league...... we drafted a bunch of OL......and finally, I don't know why we act like Mooney is a question mark, 1600 yards is a legit #1 WR

I appreciate the enthusiasm but lets come back to reality.

Our TE group is not good at all. Kmet is the only notable player there. I like Kmet's potential, but right now he's only that......potential talent.....not proven. Our backfield is solid. There are 4 question marks on the OL---potential is there but unproven. Mooney being a true #1 is question mark for a reason. He hasn't proven that he is one yet. I like his potential to step up and become one but lets hold down the legit #1 Wr talk for now.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Not at all....our TE group is straight up good, really it's just up to Kmet to step it up another level....our 1-2 punch at RB is the best in the division, and kind of top half of the league...... we drafted a bunch of OL......and finally, I don't know why we act like Mooney is a question mark, 1600 yards is a legit #1 WR

The TE group is straight up good? Because of Cole Kmet and.. Ryan Griffin and James O'Shaughnessy? Good god this fan base has low expectations

Stop overrating David Montgomery

The OL were all drafted in rounds 5-7. If one of those guys are good I'll be happy

Mooney has 1600 yards in his career. He isn't a #1 (yet)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The TE group is straight up good? Because of Cole Kmet and.. Ryan Griffin and James O'Shaughnessy? Good god this fan base has low expectations

Stop overrating David Montgomery

The OL were all drafted in rounds 5-7. If one of those guys are good I'll be happy

Well he was a 1,000 yrs guy last year but whatever

As far as the TEs, outside of the obvious Kittles of the world, who has a better group?

36 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

As far as the TEs, outside of the obvious Kittles of the world, who has a better group?

You do know that Ryan Griffin and James O'Shaughnessy are nobodies who absolutely suck, right?

Is what you're asking: "outside of the teams with actual talent at TE, who's group is better?" 

Good lord

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Baltimore

Buffalo

Dallas

Atlanta

Arizona

Miami

Kansas City

Detroit

Cleveland

New England

Jacksonville

Las Vegas

Green Bay ?

Philly

San Fran

Pittsburg ?

Tampa ?

Seattle 

I would probably swap TEs with all of those teams. I like your enthusiasm but come on Bruh.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

That’s true. But he was also top 20 in receptions and yards last year (just his 2nd) which makes the “he’s only a 3” narrative just as wrong (not saying that’s from you, but it’s definitely commonly out there). He might be a 1. He’s already more than a 3. 

There's one football to go around and it sounds like we want to be a run-first team.

Montgomery

Herbert

Fields

Ebner

Mooney

Kmet

Jones Jr.

Pringle

Who the **** cares about TE2-3.

Edited by G08

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

There's one football to go around and it sounds like we want to be a run-first team.

Montgomery

Herbert

Fields

Ebner

Mooney

Kmet

Jones Jr.

Pringle

Who the **** cares about TE2-3.

May very well be important if Kmet goes down. We are not certain how this OC is going to scheme TE. Additionally, you are just looking at this from a receiving TE point of view. With uncertainty on the OL a decent blocking TE is probably also going to be a factor.

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

May very well be important if Kmet goes down. We are not certain how this OC is going to scheme TE. Additionally, you are just looking at this from a receiving TE point of view. With uncertainty on the OL a decent blocking TE is probably also going to be a factor.

We're fine at blocking TE with our depth brochacho.

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

If we scheme TE like GB did then it’s a secondary type option. Even in 2020 when Tonyan had a big season he had 52/586/11 on just 59 targets. That’s entirely not sustainable. When he got hurt last year they had a bunch of guys each pick up some slack. I think Griffin has shown over his career that he’s capable of being a receiving outlet / check down option if Kmet were to go down.

GB also hasn’t had a TE with Kmet’s skill set. 

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If we scheme TE like GB did then it’s a secondary type option. Even in 2020 when Tonyan had a big season he had 52/586/11 on just 59 targets. That’s entirely not sustainable. When he got hurt last year they had a bunch of guys each pick up some slack. I think Griffin has shown over his career that he’s capable of being a receiving outlet / check down option if Kmet were to go down.

I would say Tonyan is every bit the receiver Kmet is, arguably better. 

Tonyan was a converted QB and has been getting steadily better with each season.  He got hurt last year. 

I thought Bears should have made an offer in offseason.  He signed pretty cheap I think ... 3.75.  So not super cheap.  Keep an eye on him next year.   He will be UFA again.

Local kid too.  Actually my former boss' nephew.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

GB ran 2 TE sets (12 personnel) 29% of the time (312 plays), which was 2nd most in the league behind Brian Flores' whopping 61%.  The league average was 21%.

Conversely, GB only ran 3 WR sets (11 personnel) 61% of the time (651 plays), which is about average.

CHI: 10 per (1%)---11 per (65%)---12 per (24%)---13 per (6%)---21 per (1%)
GB: 10 per (4%)---11 per (61%)---12 per (29%)---13 per (2%)---21 per (2%)