Bucs Offseason '22

41 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

The Athletic's Greg Auman doesn't expect the Bucs to re-sign free agent Ndamukong Suh.

Sounds like we're not gonna be tapping into the FA 3-4 DEs, unless it's super cheap. Probably looking at more of the June 1st cuts if at all.

We can't afford him.

21 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Yep, it's pretty much Gronk and the draft picks at this point.

Why I mentioned maybe a vet min guy, or a June 1st cut.

I do think they sign Sheldon Richardson.  Played under Bowles and NY and will come in cheaper then Suh.

man just watched lewis cine highlight tape just underwhelming 

Had to really see what the hype was about once Cine told Sherman on the podcast we told him we were taking him at 27 if he’s there. Good job Licht and Bowles for NOT pulling the trigger.  a box safety in r1 is honestly a waste pick it’d be a mark barron esque type of mistake. Ball skills are a little better than Barron’s but he is a pure SS with poor hands. If you invest into a DB round 1 that kid better be able to cover and actually catch picks.  

Glad we drafted for need with Hall. 

Edited by indifference

10 hours ago, indifference said:

man just watched lewis cine highlight tape just underwhelming 

Had to really see what the hype was about once Cine told Sherman on the podcast we told him we were taking him at 27 if he’s there. Good job Licht and Bowles for NOT pulling the trigger.  a box safety in r1 is honestly a waste pick it’d be a mark barron esque type of mistake. Ball skills are a little better than Barron’s but he is a pure SS with poor hands. If you invest into a DB round 1 that kid better be able to cover and actually catch picks.  

Glad we drafted for need with Hall. 

I agree 

But he did play a ton more plays in the back end compared to in the box IIRC I think I saw on Twitter he had over 1000 plays deep and like 300 in the box

Still glad we passed on a safety rd 1

It's funny how we were in on him and still didn't draft another safety 

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I agree 

But he did play a ton more plays in the back end compared to in the box IIRC I think I saw on Twitter he had over 1000 plays deep and like 300 in the box

Still glad we passed on a safety rd 1

It's funny how we were in on him and still didn't draft another safety 

coaches like Neal at the SS spot he fits the whitehead role perfectly. He will be taken off the field for Edwards on pass downs though. Mike just isnt a good open field tackler and our db coach spoken on his improvement in his recent PC.

I 100% believe that we decided to trade back to 33 in hopes of landing either Cine or Hall as the targets. Bowles said after draft that they had (3) guys pegged on their board and were fine with any of them, but from what I've heard Cine and Hall were the top echelon.

Fate just happened to land us Hall vs. Cine.