Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

Welp, that's the season for me. Great work by the coaching staff for getting us to play in meaningful games in December. The rookies, AVT, and the defense were amazing.  

AVT, Hall, G.Wilson, Herbig, and Conklin are the only starters I'm looking forward to see next season. Everyone else can be upgraded or seriously challenged. Defensively, I think we're finally going to take the S & LB position seriously instead of waiting until preseason find who ever we can. Can probably find another DT to pair up with Williams. 

The good news for us we can free up a lot of money if we wanted to between Mosley, Lawson, Tomlinson, and Davis' contracts have a kill switch we can use this offseason. We have people that can replace Tomlinson and Lawson on the team now. 

The vet QBs I could see hitting the market and us having a shot with is Derek Carr, Gardner Minshew, Jared Goff, Jameis Winston, and Marcus Mariota (If Ridder gets his shot and looks good.) Carr, Goff, Winston, and Mariota have potential outs after this season. I'd be cool with any of these options. If Lamar Jackson really hits the market, they can have whatever they want. Ravens have done a terrible job with building around him. JD would have been fired if he built this offseason with those players. 

Carr, Minshew, and Winston are the options I think we'll end up with if we're not drafting + White doesn't light it up. 

Out of curiosity do people like Derek Carr or Jimmy G more here? Jimmy seems more realistic unless the Raiders decide to draft a QB with their first pick.

But honestly almost anyone would be an upgrade. Even Taylor Heinicke probably has us at 8-2 at this point.

29 minutes ago, TheChad said:

Out of curiosity do people like Derek Carr or Jimmy G more here? Jimmy seems more realistic unless the Raiders decide to draft a QB with their first pick.

But honestly almost anyone would be an upgrade. Even Taylor Heinicke probably has us at 8-2 at this point.

I think Jimmy G would do a great job with this team and is probably easier to grab.

• Like 1

Well we SHOULD have a QB controversy on our hands now. We've arguably had the worst QB situation over the last couple decades than any other NFL team and that game yesterday was the worst I've ever seen a QB of ours ever play. So that's saying A LOT.

The play calling was awful. But that was no excuse for Wilson's play. 9 completions for a game is awful any way you slice it. The way we lost was awful. But in reality NE had outplayed us and Wilson before that anyway. I mean under 2 minutes Wilson should've been picked a couple plays before that punt return. Along with that, he should've been picked 2 more times that game. So he was lucky to not have a 3 INT game. This defense is too good for a QB that doesn't have to do anything special to lose games for you. Literally all we had to do was score 4 points to win this game and we couldn't.

I 100% wont sit here and say White is the answer. But this staff for sure has to dive in deep and try something different. Wilson is the reason we lost in every loss we've had when he was the starter this season. It wasn't team losses. It was Wilson losses. I have no clue what we need to do QB wise this offseason. But at this stage there isn't even flashes from Wilson to be optimistic about. The locker room doesn't seem happy with his play and lack of accountability. A change might be needed. And the problem is the play calling a QB play. Wouldn't surprise me if Wilson struggles this next week, that there's a QB change for the MIN game. And when your healthy 2nd year 2nd overall pick is benched bc of his play..... that's not good. And his days as a Jet might be limited. 

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well we SHOULD have a QB controversy on our hands now. We've arguably had the worst QB situation over the last couple decades than any other NFL team and that game yesterday was the worst I've ever seen a QB of ours ever play. So that's saying A LOT.

The play calling was awful. But that was no excuse for Wilson's play. 9 completions for a game is awful any way you slice it. The way we lost was awful. But in reality NE had outplayed us and Wilson before that anyway. I mean under 2 minutes Wilson should've been picked a couple plays before that punt return. Along with that, he should've been picked 2 more times that game. So he was lucky to not have a 3 INT game. This defense is too good for a QB that doesn't have to do anything special to lose games for you. Literally all we had to do was score 4 points to win this game and we couldn't.

I 100% wont sit here and say White is the answer. But this staff for sure has to dive in deep and try something different. Wilson is the reason we lost in every loss we've had when he was the starter this season. It wasn't team losses. It was Wilson losses. I have no clue what we need to do QB wise this offseason. But at this stage there isn't even flashes from Wilson to be optimistic about. The locker room doesn't seem happy with his play and lack of accountability. A change might be needed. And the problem is the play calling a QB play. Wouldn't surprise me if Wilson struggles this next week, that there's a QB change for the MIN game. And when your healthy 2nd year 2nd overall pick is benched bc of his play..... that's not good. And his days as a Jet might be limited. 

Wilson is a bust. I believe the coaching staff is fully aware he’s holding the team back at this point. I don’t think they made that little move of White up the depth chart for no reason at all. JFM is retweeting negative tweets about him, Berrios and Wilson are showing negative body language after the awful passes, Wilson having an outburst. Zach sucks in Chicago and I think he’s benched (even worse if Fields keeps showing out)

The big issue is what we do moving forward next year. I think it’ll be Jimmy G type and they will look to draft another QB depending on the board.

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Wilson is a bust. I believe the coaching staff is fully aware he’s holding the team back at this point. I don’t think they made that little move of White up the depth chart for no reason at all. JFM is retweeting negative tweets about him, Berrios and Wilson are showing negative body language after the awful passes, Wilson having an outburst. Zach sucks in Chicago and I think he’s benched (even worse if Fields keeps showing out)

The big issue is what we do moving forward next year. I think it’ll be Jimmy G type and they will look to draft another QB depending on the board.

Ya I could see that exact situation play out. Don't think we go to White as the starter to start the game this next week. But I think Wilson is on a short leash right now. He goes out there and isn't moving the ball or throws a bad INT or something, I think he might get benched mid game. I don't think White is the answer. But you never know. See what he has at least for a few games before we decide what we want to do this next offseason. Jimmy G and Geno are the FAs that stick out (not mentioning Jackson, bc I think BAL pays him eventually). So we probably have to fork up some money to get either of those 2 guys. Which I don't like paying an unproven 30+yr old QB that we don't know how they will look with our guys. Jimmy G is safer bc Geno might be a fluke this year. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I could see that exact situation play out. Don't think we go to White as the starter to start the game this next week. But I think Wilson is on a short leash right now. He goes out there and isn't moving the ball or throws a bad INT or something, I think he might get benched mid game. I don't think White is the answer. But you never know. See what he has at least for a few games before we decide what we want to do this next offseason. Jimmy G and Geno are the FAs that stick out (not mentioning Jackson, bc I think BAL pays him eventually). So we probably have to fork up some money to get either of those 2 guys. Which I don't like paying an unproven 30+yr old QB that we don't know how they will look with our guys. Jimmy G is safer bc Geno might be a fluke this year. 

White definitely isn’t the answer, but if he can make simple reads, step up in a clean pocket and make a throw it’s much better than what Wilson gave us yesterday. I can see the staff benching Wilson at halftime if he comes out cold. Regardless of anything Saleh says this week.

The sad thing is we don’t need world beating QB play to win. We could have beaten NE both times with BAD QB play. We got abysmal QB play. Upgrading from ZW may not be as hard as we think, but White definitely isn’t a long term answer. He’s a solid backup, which Wilson probably won’t even be.

Edited by GangGreen420