2023 Draft Talk

swede700

Yes, it was worth listening to, but you know what?  It makes it even more clear to me that he shouldn't be taken in the 1st round.  If the Vikings are going to be taking a guy to sit for a year, I'd much rather prefer one that can actually learn for that year, not spending most of it in rehab, because they'll need that guy to start in '24.  Some articles suggest he'll be ready for camp, but this guy suggests it won't be until mid-season.  I would need clear indication on the timeline before I'd be okay with him.   

The Athletic's Bruce Feldman was one of the draft experts mocking Hooker to the Vikings, and he explained his reasoning when he was a guest on The Rich Eisen Show on Thursday.:

"The buzz, I think, on Hendon Hooker is really going way up. When I was in Indy I had lunch with a quarterback coach in the NFL and I said, 'Who really impressed you in the meetings?' He was like, 'Loved Hendon Hooker.' His demeanor was great. Not only did he have great knowledge of what they did at Tennessee, he had great knowledge of what they did at his previous place, Virginia Tech. Was just kind of wowed by him. And when I started talking to more people about him, he was the guy of probably, three or four, who you'd hear people just gushing about [him]."

"You don't need him to come in and play right away. I think he can get acclimated. Kevin O'Connell we know is good with quarterbacks. We know the structure there should be good, there's good young receivers. I think that would be an ideal spot for him. And people I've talked to think Hendon Hooker, wouldn't surprise [them] if he went above Will Levis. They like him that much and they're intrigued by him."

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/bruce-feldman-explains-hendon-hooker-to-vikings-prediction?fbclid=IwAR0RiAjC_GazoxbOXUUYpGRvjYPAM0UQL14_tyLChuDWrB_5YMJ5rv2yXYQ

On 4/6/2023 at 9:17 AM, KeithVikings28 said:

🤢.

Hooker is maxed out and inaccurate.

Just a terrible pick. 

I guess Todd McShay doesn’t know what he’s talking about? And I forgot that he is inaccurate ( 58tds - 5 ints) in the SEC. That’s right, he had 2 really good WR’s that made him look really good.

you do know the Vikings have the best WR in the NFL?

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The Athletic's Bruce Feldman was one of the draft experts mocking Hooker to the Vikings, and he explained his reasoning when he was a guest on The Rich Eisen Show on Thursday.:

"The buzz, I think, on Hendon Hooker is really going way up. When I was in Indy I had lunch with a quarterback coach in the NFL and I said, 'Who really impressed you in the meetings?' He was like, 'Loved Hendon Hooker.' His demeanor was great. Not only did he have great knowledge of what they did at Tennessee, he had great knowledge of what they did at his previous place, Virginia Tech. Was just kind of wowed by him. And when I started talking to more people about him, he was the guy of probably, three or four, who you'd hear people just gushing about [him]."

"You don't need him to come in and play right away. I think he can get acclimated. Kevin O'Connell we know is good with quarterbacks. We know the structure there should be good, there's good young receivers. I think that would be an ideal spot for him. And people I've talked to think Hendon Hooker, wouldn't surprise [them] if he went above Will Levis. They like him that much and they're intrigued by him."

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/bruce-feldman-explains-hendon-hooker-to-vikings-prediction?fbclid=IwAR0RiAjC_GazoxbOXUUYpGRvjYPAM0UQL14_tyLChuDWrB_5YMJ5rv2yXYQ

How can Hooker be moving up everyone list?? How can there be QB coaches out there that think he is good??

guess we will find out in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Vikes22 said:

How can Hooker be moving up everyone list?? How can there be QB coaches out there that think he is good??

guess we will find out in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Vikes22 said:

I guess Todd McShay doesn’t know what he’s talking about? And I forgot that he is inaccurate ( 58tds - 5 ints) in the SEC. That’s right, he had 2 really good WR’s that made him look really good.

Not everyone wants to pick up a Hooker. 

Many of the same people talking up Hooker were the same ones last year who said that Malik Willis could go as high as Atlanta at 8, and said that he wouldn’t get past Pittsburgh in round 1.

It’s April. We’re in full blown misinformation season. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

If you actually watch the game film you’ll see he misses a lot of deep balls and Tennessee played a very basic scheme. Never did he have to go through NFL reads and progressions. Everything Tennessee ran on offense focused only on one side of the field. Stats are cool and all but it’s better to look at traits than just something simple like numbers.. 

Edited by KeithVikings28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Many of the same people talking up Hooker were the same ones last year who said that Malik Willis could go as high as Atlanta at 8, and said that he wouldn’t get past Pittsburgh in round 1.

Someone gets it…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

This right here.  Seems the Vikings are making a market for a team to trade with to go get Hooker so they can possibly trade down

17 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Hooker in the first is a bigger reach than Christian Ponder. 

Well probably not… unless he really can work his way up to the top 15.

Ponder realistically was a mid second pick, along with Andy Dalton. Somehow they both were leaping up boards before draft time. 

A 12 for Ponder was just hideous 

• Like 1