Bolts223

Who wins the AFC West in 2022?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC West in 2022?

• Denver Broncos
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Las Vegas Raiders
    • Los Angeles Chargers

Back on topic, I think the division will be extremely competitive. It's difficult to really say too much at this point because every team in the division has changed a lot since last year with the Raiders/Broncos getting new coaching staffs, the Chargers staff going into year two, and all 4 teams adding new players at key positions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We weren't contenders yet when the games actually counted we beat a tough Colts team on the road while the Chargers crumbled against Rex Burkhead and then beat the Chargers at home to knock you out of the playoffs, lol. 

I'm not sure what the last 20 years has to do with our outlook for next season.

Herbert can put up all the stats that he wants but in the big games he comes up short, I expect the same thing this year.

How exactly did Herbert come up short at the end of the season? He would tie or give the team the lead time after time only for the defense to immediately cough it up. He got the true Dan Fouts Chargers experience last year.

As I said, the Chargers have a lot to prove. But I don’t think the Raiders are as talented as the other 3 teams. What happened last year isn’t necessarily indicative of what will happen this year. 

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

As I said, the Chargers have a lot to prove. But I don’t think the Raiders are as talented as the other 3 teams. What happened last year isn’t necessarily indicative of what will happen this year. 

We'll see what happens I think that we got significantly better this offseason. Gruden/Olson were terrible play callers/game managers, Bradley was okay but just really had zero variety as a game planner or play caller. Assuming McDaniels is ready this time around we should have a much better coaching staff on both sides of the ball with both he and Graham. 

Offensively we'll have Adams/Waller, who you can argue is the best duo of pass catchers in the league. And defensively we'll have Crosby/Jones who you can argue is the best pass rushing duo in the league. 

• Like 3

Just now, NYRaider said:

We'll see what happens I think that we got significantly better this offseason. Gruden/Olson were terrible play callers/game managers, Bradley was okay but just really had zero variety as a game planner or play caller. Assuming McDaniels is ready this time around we should have a much better coaching staff on both sides of the ball with both he and Graham. 

Offensively we'll have Adams/Waller, who you can argue is the best duo of pass catchers in the league. And defensively we'll have Crosby/Jones who you can argue is the best pass rushing duo in the league. 

Yeah as I said, I don’t think the Raiders are a bad team.

You have 

- The worst QB in the division 

- The worst O-line in the division 

- The worst Secondary in the division. 

Those are among the most important aspects of an overall team. 

This feels like 2016-2017 all over again when Raiders fans were convinced they were a powerhouse after one good season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

You have 

- The worst QB in the division 

- The worst O-line in the division 

- The worst Secondary in the division. 

Those are among the most important aspects of an overall team. 

This feels like 2016-2017 all over again when Raiders fans were convinced they were a powerhouse after one good season. 

I'd argue that those things are debatable though.

Mahomes is clearly the best QB in the division, I don't think there's a huge gap separating Carr, Herbert, and Wilson. Especially considering Wilson is coming off of a down year in a new system with a rookie head coach/offensive coordinator and less talent around him than he had in Seattle. 

Our offensive line is the worst in the division yet our RB's rushed for 1,509 yards/14 TD and your RB's rushed for 1,532 yards/15 TD. We gave up 40 sacks and you guys gave up 31 sacks. We had essentially an entirely new group and lost like 3 starters immediately when the season started yet our OL was essentially just as good as yours was. 

Our secondary is the worst in the division yet lost multiple starters early in the season (plus had 2 rookie starters) and allowed 3,789 passing yards/29 passing TD. You guys allowed 3,761 passing yards/27 passing TD. 

Considering that Nate Hobbs/Trevon Moehirg were both rookies and we've added pieces, plus will hopefully add Bradberry, I'm not sure how we have significantly the worst secondary in the division. 

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd argue that those things are debatable though.

Mahomes is clearly the best QB in the division, I don't think there's a huge gap separating Carr, Herbert, and Wilson. Especially considering Wilson is coming off of a down year in a new system with a rookie head coach/offensive coordinator and less talent around him than he had in Seattle. 

Our offensive line is the worst in the division yet our RB's rushed for 1,509 yards/14 TD and your RB's rushed for 1,532 yards/15 TD. We gave up 40 sacks and you guys gave up 31 sacks. We had essentially an entirely new group and lost like 3 starters immediately when the season started yet our OL was essentially just as good as yours was. 

Our secondary is the worst in the division yet lost multiple starters early in the season (plus had 2 rookie starters) and allowed 3,789 passing yards/29 passing TD. You guys allowed 3,761 passing yards/27 passing TD. 

Considering that Nate Hobbs/Trevon Moehirg were both rookies and we've added pieces, plus will hopefully add Bradberry, I'm not sure how we have significantly the worst secondary in the division. 

A few things: 

Yes, Carr is the worst in the division. I don’t think anyone other than a Raiders fan would argue that. 

PFF’s final O-line rankings for 2021.

Chiefs - 5

Chargers - 10

Broncos - 19

Raiders - 28

Yeah the Chargers secondary last year wasn’t very good. Hence why we signed JC Jackson and Bryce Callahan while also drafting JT Woods in the 3rd round. Making us much more complete and deep at the position.  

I guess you could argue KC has the worst secondary with Mathieu gone, but McDuffey is likely a year 1 starter. 

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

A few things: 

Yes, Carr is the worst in the division. I don’t think anyone other than a Raiders fan would argue that. 

PFF’s final O-line rankings for 2021.

Chiefs - 5

Chargers - 10

Broncos - 19

Raiders - 28

Yeah the Chargers secondary last year wasn’t very good. Hence why we signed JC Jackson and Bryce Callahan while also drafting JT Woods in the 3rd round. Making us much more complete and deep at the position.  

I guess you could argue KC has the worst secondary with Mathieu gone, but McDuffey is likely a year 1 starter. 

We'll see this season, Carr had significantly worse talent around him last year. 

The Raiders had the 12th best secondary in PFF's final rankings with two rookie starters and with Trayvon Mullen out for a good portion of the season. I think it's fair to assume our young DB's should continue to improve, we also added Rock Ya-Shin and it looks pretty likely that we're going to add James Bradberry.

The Broncos finished 17th and the Chargers finished 27th. The Chiefs were 5th but they lost Mathieu and Ward so who knows how they'll be next season. 

So with those things considered how do we have the worst secondary in the division?

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We'll see this season, Carr had significantly worse talent around him last year. 

The Raiders had the 12th best secondary in PFF's final rankings with two rookie starters and with Trayvon Mullen out for a good portion of the season. I think it's fair to assume our young DB's should continue to improve, we also added Rock Ya-Shin and it looks pretty likely that we're going to add James Bradberry.

The Broncos finished 17th and the Chargers finished 27th. The Chiefs were 5th but they lost Mathieu and Ward so who knows how they'll be next season. 

So with those things considered how do we have the worst secondary in the division?

Your best CBs are Nate Hobbs and Treyvon Mullen? 

I think you can make an argument that the Chiefs are worse but it’s fairly negligible as the Chiefs are better than the Raiders everywhere else except WR.  Raiders probably have better safeties but give me the Chiefs corners. 

Edited by Bolts223

8 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I think you can make an argument that the Chiefs are worse but it’s fairly negligible as the Chiefs are better than the Raiders everywhere else except WR.  Raiders probably have better safeties but give me the Chiefs corners. 

Added Rock Ya-Sin. Raiders CBs are thin however.

Chiefs run defense looks vulnerable. Losing Mathuei is going to hurt that secondary. He was a leader.

Denver - Not enough is being made about losing Fangio. That defense will fall back to the mean without his coaching while the offense does improve. 

Honestly, Chargers pound for pound have the most talent. Staley is going to need to show he can coach it and stop getting cute. 

The Chargers should win the west. If they don't, it's a let down. All the pieces are there. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Why was our secondary so much better than yours last season?

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Why was our secondary so much better than yours last season?

Because we were playing the corpse of Chris Harris Jr. and Tevaughn Campbell while asking Michael Davis to be a CB #1. 

Our secondary has been fairly revamped this offseason with the additions of JC Jackson, Bryce Callahan and JT Woods. 

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1