Who wins the AFC West in 2022?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC West in 2022?

• Denver Broncos
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Las Vegas Raiders
    • Los Angeles Chargers

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think a Slayton for Kenyan Drake trade would make sense for both teams. We have a crowded RB room and they have nothing behind Saquan. 

Would be a nice way to preserve some draft capital next year. I like Drake but would not be upset with that at all. 

8 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Would be a nice way to preserve some draft capital next year. I like Drake but would not be upset with that at all. 

Would also give Zamir White a chance to be RB2 for us and get some touches. Interested to see how the RB room shakes out, I don't think we have enough touches to go around.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Would also give Zamir White a chance to be RB2 for us and get some touches. Interested to see how the RB room shakes out, I don't think we have enough touches to go around.

I want to see Zamir get some good touches this year. I feel like it’s important he does to clear up what the RB situation will be like going into next offseason. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I want to see Zamir get some good touches this year. I feel like it’s important he does to clear up what the RB situation will be like going into next offseason. 

100% agreed, I still think there's a slight chance Jacobs is back but Drake is probably gone for sure.

• Like 1

It's the same order I would put them. Three teams make the playoffs.
https://www.bettingnews.com/articles/nfl/2022-nfl-division-odds-afc-nfc/

Odds to Win AFC West

• Kansas City Chiefs (+155)
  • Los Angeles Chargers (+240)
  • Denver Broncos (+260)
  • Las Vegas Raiders (+700)

Here is another. The only difference is that the Raiders are up a tick.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/18/kansas-city-chiefs-afc-west-favorites-2022-nfl-season/

Team Odds
Kansas City Chiefs +155
Los Angeles Chargers +240
Denver Broncos +260
Las Vegas Raiders +600
Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 12:56 PM, NYRaider said:

Nate Hobbs was our best CB last season as a rookie and Hayward is old. We also added Rock Ya-Shin and Harmon. Your secondary was ranked as a bottom 5 unit in the NFL last year, JC Jackson's INT numbers are sexy but he's also getting thrown at a ton for a reason.

He allowed the 3rd lowest passer rating. His numbers were better than Ramsey and he was 3rd highest graded CB.

Callahan was top 5 graded CB in 2020. Chargers secondary got so much better.

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

He loves Russel Wilson, it’s nauseating 

If you think thats bad you should tune into quite literally any ESPN or NFLN show and listen to them talk about Patrick Mahomes for the past 4 years.

Also, the general consensus that I have seen from any talk show is that the Cheifs are #1 out of default with zero analysis. Usually the talking head says something along the lines of 'Well the Cheifs have won the division for a while now so we are just going to put them #1 in our preseason rankings"

I think its a little stupid to think that the Cheifs are going to lose Tyreke Hill and Honey Badger and still be the same team just because they replaced them with Juju and a bunch of draft picks. When you lose 2 of your top 4 players and Kelce is going be 33 years old this year--there is some very valid concern about how the Cheifs are going to look.

I wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if they finish 3rd in the AFCW. There has been a little too much penciling in the Cheifs to go to the playoffs when they could easily finish with 8-9 wins. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

He loves Russel Wilson, it’s nauseating 

While he does, the problem really dates back to last year. When Denver started out 3-0, he kept saying they had one of the best rosters in the league minus the QB spot. I disagree so much with that premise.

I think in his most recent top 10, he had Denver over the Rams/Bucs/Chiefs - specifically for the Rams, we blow Denver out of the water at just about every position save for QB, but even then I don't see a huge gap between Russ and Stafford after last year.

4 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

While he does, the problem really dates back to last year. When Denver started out 3-0, he kept saying they had one of the best rosters in the league minus the QB spot. I disagree so much with that premise.

I think in his most recent top 10, he had Denver over the Rams/Bucs/Chiefs - specifically for the Rams, we blow Denver out of the water at just about every position save for QB, but even then I don't see a huge gap between Russ and Stafford after last year.

Denver quite clearly has better RBs, EDGE/DEs and S than the Rams. Rams have better WRs, DTs and CBs. Their QB/OL/TE are a wash.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Denver quite clearly has better RBs, EDGE/DEs and S than the Rams. Rams have better WRs, DTs and CBs. Their QB/OL/TE are a wash.

Yea I typed that too quickly, they definitely are better at safety and EDGE.

RB is probably closer to a wash (but I think Akers will be a top 10 RB this year) and I think we're better at OL (as a unit at least) and TE.

23 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

He allowed the 3rd lowest passer rating. His numbers were better than Ramsey and he was 3rd highest graded CB.

Callahan was top 5 graded CB in 2020. Chargers secondary got so much better.

All that just so Herbert can wish about tying us on the sidelines