80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC West in 2022?

• Denver Broncos
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Las Vegas Raiders
    • Los Angeles Chargers

1 hour ago, Nightime said:

Chiefs defense has been top 10 in points allowed for the last 3 years

They’re never as bad as casual fans say they are. 

That goes back to my argument that the Cheifs D has been in a easy situation where they are constantly playing with a lead and are able to pin their ears back and be aggressive every game. Its a lot easier to look good on D when the other team is forced to abandon their gameplan and go pass crazy to try and keep pace with the KC when they are down 2-3 possessions at half.

I dont think the Cheifs defense is bad, I just dont think they are as good as the numbers suggest because they get the benefit of being joined with Mahomes' offense.

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That goes back to my argument that the Cheifs D has been in a easy situation where they are constantly playing with a lead and are able to pin their ears back and be aggressive every game. Its a lot easier to look good on D when the other team is forced to abandon their gameplan and go pass crazy to try and keep pace with the KC when they are down 2-3 possessions at half.

I dont think the Cheifs defense is bad, I just dont think they are as good as the numbers suggest because they get the benefit of being joined with Mahomes' offense.

Idk man - Chiefs D Passing Attempts Faced Per Half

2021:   (1st half) - 308 attempts  |  (2nd half) - 302 attempts
2020:  (1st half) - 276 attempts  |  (2nd half) - 278 attempts
2019:   (1st half) - 286 attempts  |  (2nd half) - 296 attempts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The Chiefs defense is not great, but it is looking much more athletic and physical. Mathieu was an important leader but not a top player last season. Justin Reid should fully replace the on field part. Adding an outside CB, a pass rushing DE, and thumper of a LB from the draft ups the prospects considerably. 

Why would the offense drop off significantly? Hill was great but Hill/Robinson/Hardman/Pringle is not necessarily better than Hardman/JuJu/MVS/Moore, basically replacing Hill with three players. On the other side of the coin, last season they had five new OL starters. This season maybe one. There is work to do, integrating the new WR and retooling the running game without Darrell Williams, but quality parts are handy. I can see a slow start but not a big drop. 

Did everyone in the division get significantly better? Like the Chiefs, the other teams added players in FA and through trades but none of them came close to the Chiefs' draft. There is still the job of fitng the pieces together for all four teams. As noted above, the betting line is Chiefs-Chargers-Broncos-Raiders. You have shown nothing to change that order.

Because you’re replacing a top 5 receiver with Jags/has beens/unknowns, so yeah I expect a drop off lol. Juju literally hasn’t done anything in years. You’re starting tight end is the same age as Rob Gronkowski, how much longer is he gonna keep this up? 

Yeah I consider the Broncos who won 7 games adding a top ten QB as an example of getting considerably  better

Edited by CP3MVP

6 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Because you’re replacing a top 5 receiver with Jags/has beens/unknowns, so yeah I expect a drop off lol. Juju literally hasn’t done anything in years. You’re starting tight end is the same age as Rob Gronkowski, how much longer is he gonna keep this up? 
Yeah I consider the Broncos who won 7 games adding a top ten QB as an example of getting considerably  better

Who are you calling has beens and unknowns? JuJu and MVS are neither. JuJu has been as good as his QB. MVS was Green Bay's deep threat last season. 

Kelce is good until Kelce slows down. No sign of that yet. 

I agree that the Broncos are better. They have a shot at winning ten games, eleven if they sweep the Chargers. 

• Like 2

The 2019 Chiefs won 5 games by one score and they lost 4 games.

That's 9 of 16 that were very much not pinning their ears back.

They were trailing 24-0, 17-7, and 20-10 in their playoff games.

In 2018 they also won 5 1-score games and lost 4.

They did crush Indy in the playoffs and then lost in OT to Brady.

In 2020 they won 8 1-score games and lost 2.

vs Buffalo they were up by 9 at the half and by 9 with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd.

They beat Cleveland by 5 and got killed in the SB with no O-line

In 2021 5 more 1-score wins and 5 more losses.

The Buffalo game was back and forth all day.

Yes, they crushed the overmatched 7th seed Steelers.

Lots of teams get some blowout wins (see the 2019 Cowboys 8 wins or the 2021 Eagles 9 wins)

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Who are you calling has beens and unknowns? JuJu and MVS are neither. JuJu has been as good as his QB.

Probably relevant if Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool weren’t proving that you could produce despite Ben.

On 5/22/2022 at 4:47 PM, FrantikRam said:

That's a bit nuts to me.

The difference between Mahomes and Wilson is enormous. You may rank Mahomes 2nd and Wilson as high as 6 or so - but that alone doesn't tell the story. Wilson is closer to Cousins than Mahomes.

Juju, MVS, the rookie and Hardman have shown as much as Sutton, Jeudy and Patrick. Kelce is the best weapon in the AFC West.

The Chiefs OL blows the Broncos OL away - and that's before accounting for Wilson who will make your OL look worse with how long he holds onto the ball.

It's not like the Chiefs have only won the AFCW - they've made four straight AFCCG, two Super Bowls and won one - all while the rest of the division has combined for two playoff appearances and one playoff win.

The Chiefs flat out own this division and it's insane to list them as the third best team when they will most likely run away with the division again.

There is this crazy thing in the NFL. What you did 4, 3, 2 or really even a year ago almost holds no relevance to the up coming season and future. This is such a lazy casual take.

So and so won it last 4 years so they should win it next 3 years. Sooooo bad! Horrible take that doesnt get called out enough on here which is crazy.

10 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Who are you calling has beens and unknowns? JuJu and MVS are neither. JuJu has been as good as his QB. MVS was Green Bay's deep threat last season. 

Kelce is good until Kelce slows down. No sign of that yet. 

I agree that the Broncos are better. They have a shot at winning ten games, eleven if they sweep the Chargers. 

Juju and MVS are Jags. Theyre number 3 WRs at this point. 

Edited by CP3MVP

38 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I think JuJu is better than that. MVS is JAG. 

I predict a good season for Ju now that he actually has a QB throwing to him

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

MVS, sure.

But JuJu has 3 out of 5 years ended up with 800+ yards. One of the two years he didn't was when he played 5 games last year and the other sub 800-yard year was when Mason Rudolph was his QB.

There is no reason to believe he can't be a quality #2 at this point, especially when upgrading from a notoriously basic offensive mind in Tomlin to Andy Reid.

1 hour ago, BigTrav said:

I think JuJu is better than that. MVS is JAG. 

I predict a good season for Ju now that he actually has a QB throwing to him

Explain Diontae Johnson getting 1100 yards last year with Ben throwing to him

Edited by CP3MVP

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Some team in this division is gonna be bad, there all not gonna be great. 

The question is who 

Great s one thing. Bad is another.

I don't think any team in the division will be bad. Having all four above .500 is possible.