80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC West in 2022?

• Denver Broncos
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Las Vegas Raiders
    • Los Angeles Chargers

15 hours ago, Chiefer said:

He loves Russel Wilson, it’s nauseating 

And “big strong QBs”, using divorce analogies, using Fortune 500 company analogies, constantly flip flopping on decisions….I don’t know how he got a role on TV

I kinda believe that the best two teams in the division are the Broncos and Chargers, and that the AFC West crown could come down to the last game of the season between these two teams. (Chargers @ Broncos week 18) The Chiefs are 3rd and the Raiders 4th.

The key for the Broncos, IMO, is how quickly can the new coaching staff get acclimated and the health/availability of our EDGE rushers. Chubb and Gregory both have long histories of injures or suspensions that have kept them out of a lot of games. If (and it's a big if) they can stay healthy and out of trouble, I believe our defense can be top ten. And with Wilson and the weapons on offense, I think we can contend right away.

39 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I kinda believe that the best two teams in the division are the Broncos and Chargers, and that the AFC West crown could come down to the last game of the season between these two teams. (Chargers @ Broncos week 18) The Chiefs are 3rd and the Raiders 4th.

The key for the Broncos, IMO, is how quickly can the new coaching staff get acclimated and the health/availability of our EDGE rushers. Chubb and Gregory both have long histories of injures or suspensions that have kept them out of a lot of games. If (and it's a big if) they can stay healthy and out of trouble, I believe our defense can be top ten. And with Wilson and the weapons on offense, I think we can contend right away.

That's a bit nuts to me.

The difference between Mahomes and Wilson is enormous. You may rank Mahomes 2nd and Wilson as high as 6 or so - but that alone doesn't tell the story. Wilson is closer to Cousins than Mahomes.

Juju, MVS, the rookie and Hardman have shown as much as Sutton, Jeudy and Patrick. Kelce is the best weapon in the AFC West.

The Chiefs OL blows the Broncos OL away - and that's before accounting for Wilson who will make your OL look worse with how long he holds onto the ball.

It's not like the Chiefs have only won the AFCW - they've made four straight AFCCG, two Super Bowls and won one - all while the rest of the division has combined for two playoff appearances and one playoff win.

The Chiefs flat out own this division and it's insane to list them as the third best team when they will most likely run away with the division again.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

That's a bit nuts to me.

The difference between Mahomes and Wilson is enormous. You may rank Mahomes 2nd and Wilson as high as 6 or so - but that alone doesn't tell the story. Wilson is closer to Cousins than Mahomes.

Juju, MVS, the rookie and Hardman have shown as much as Sutton, Jeudy and Patrick. Kelce is the best weapon in the AFC West.

The Chiefs OL blows the Broncos OL away - and that's before accounting for Wilson who will make your OL look worse with how long he holds onto the ball.

It's not like the Chiefs have only won the AFCW - they've made four straight AFCCG, two Super Bowls and won one - all while the rest of the division has combined for two playoff appearances and one playoff win.

The Chiefs flat out own this division and it's insane to list them as the third best team when they will most likely run away with the division again.

I think our defense is better, and our skill position group as a whole is better. They obviously have the best coach, QB, and TE, but overall I think we match up well against them. I'm obviously banking on a lot of ifs in regards to my team but I feel like we have a shot at the division.

1 minute ago, BroncoSojia said:

I think our defense is better, and our skill position group as a whole is better. They obviously have the best coach, QB, and TE, but overall I think we match up well against them. I'm obviously banking on a lot of ifs in regards to my team but I feel like we have a shot at the division.

Defense is better.

Travis Kelce obliterates any skill player Denver has. And even without Kelce it would be close.

They also have a much better OL.

And the Chiefs defense hasn't held them back yet so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt there.

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

That's a bit nuts to me.

confused-cavs.gif

696q.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness

27 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Defense is better.

Travis Kelce obliterates any skill player Denver has. And even without Kelce it would be close.

They also have a much better OL.

And the Chiefs defense hasn't held them back yet so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt there.

Skill position also includes RBs. I would take our RBs and WRs over what KC has right now.

40 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

confused-cavs.gif

696q.gif

Citing one of the few super bowls in NFL history that didn't require the QB to even take a snap for the team to win isn't the way I'd have gone to attempt to disprove what I said.

He's nowhere near Mahomes.

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

Possibly. There are things to integrate for the Broncos and the Chiefs look much better on defense, but it's reasnable to give the Broncos an edge. On offense it's not close. KC is much better. The offense will be different, but it still has Mahomes and that OL is now firmly settled. 

Are the Broncos better than the Chargers? Maybe, maybe not. I think one of the two sweeps the other and wins 10-11 games. I don't know which one. 

Edited by onejayhawk

I’m surprised a team with Mahomes and Reid are down as a good pick for ‘regression’. Hill is good but Reid will be able to utilize what he has, and they shouldn’t suffer too much. They were 12-5, I’d predict about the same this year

The chiefs defense isn’t great(and thats before they lost Mathieu) so any drop off on offense will be noticeable. Like they were 3rd in offensive efficiency with Hill, let’s say they go to 8th or 9th which is still top ten but not dominant. Combine that with everyone else in the division getting much lt better and that’s a step back. 

Edited by CP3MVP

19 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The chiefs defense isn’t great(and thats before they lost Mathieu) so any drop off on offense will be noticeable. Like they were 3rd in offensive efficiency with Hill, let’s say they go to 8th or 9th which is still top ten but not dominant. Combine that with everyone else in the division getting much lt better and that’s a step back. 

The Chiefs defense is not great, but it is looking much more athletic and physical. Mathieu was an important leader but not a top player last season. Justin Reid should fully replace the on field part. Adding an outside CB, a pass rushing DE, and thumper of a LB from the draft ups the prospects considerably. 

Why would the offense drop off significantly? Hill was great but Hill/Robinson/Hardman/Pringle is not necessarily better than Hardman/JuJu/MVS/Moore, basically replacing Hill with three players. On the other side of the coin, last season they had five new OL starters. This season maybe one. There is work to do, integrating the new WR and retooling the running game without Darrell Williams, but quality parts are handy. I can see a slow start but not a big drop. 

Did everyone in the division get significantly better? Like the Chiefs, the other teams added players in FA and through trades but none of them came close to the Chiefs' draft. There is still the job of fitng the pieces together for all four teams. As noted above, the betting line is Chiefs-Chargers-Broncos-Raiders. You have shown nothing to change that order.

39 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

The Chiefs defense is not great, but it is looking much more athletic and physical. Mathieu was an important leader but not a top player last season. Justin Reid should fully replace the on field part. Adding an outside CB, a pass rushing DE, and thumper of a LB from the draft ups the prospects considerably. 

Why would the offense drop off significantly? Hill was great but Hill/Robinson/Hardman/Pringle is not necessarily better than Hardman/JuJu/MVS/Moore, basically replacing Hill with three players. On the other side of the coin, last season they had five new OL starters. This season maybe one. There is work to do, integrating the new WR and retooling the running game without Darrell Williams, but quality parts are handy. I can see a slow start but not a big drop. 

Did everyone in the division get significantly better? Like the Chiefs, the other teams added players in FA and through trades but none of them came close to the Chiefs' draft. There is still the job of fitng the pieces together for all four teams. As noted above, the betting line is Chiefs-Chargers-Broncos-Raiders. You have shown nothing to change that order.

You cant compare the Cheifs adding a bunch of unknown rookies to other teams adding proven commodities. 

The Cheifs drafting Karlaftis is not the same thing as LV adding Chandler Jones, LAC adding Kahlil Mack or DEN adding Randy Gregory.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You cant compare the Cheifs adding a bunch of unknown rookies to other teams adding proven commodities. 

The Cheifs drafting Karlaftis is not the same thing as LV adding Chandler Jones, LAC adding Kahlil Mack or DEN adding Randy Gregory.

Chiefs defense has been top 10 in points allowed for the last 3 years

They’re never as bad as casual fans say they are. 

• Like 2