Who wins the AFC West in 2022?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC West in 2022?

• Denver Broncos
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Las Vegas Raiders
    • Los Angeles Chargers

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

Because we were playing the corpse of Chris Harris Jr. and Tevaughn Campbell while asking Michael Davis to be a CB #1. 

Our secondary has been fairly revamped this offseason. 

So it's only okay for you to assume your players will improve, gotcha.

16 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

?

No, we just got better players.

So your better players were a bottom five unit and our worse players were a top 12 unit. Our unit consisted of a bunch of young players who reasonably should continue to improve but somehow will be the worst in the division because you guys added a few guys who have never played in your system. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We weren't contenders yet when the games actually counted we beat a tough Colts team on the road while the Chargers crumbled against Rex Burkhead and then beat the Chargers at home to knock you out of the playoffs, lol. 

I'm not sure what the last 20 years has to do with our outlook for next season.

Herbert can put up all the stats that he wants but in the big games he comes up short, I expect the same thing this year.

That's Carr you are talking about. We saw that vs the Bengals. 

Herbert came up big vs the Raiders. Who were bailed out by the refs.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:41 PM, NYRaider said:

So your better players were a bottom five unit and our worse players were a top 12 unit. Our unit consisted of a bunch of young players who reasonably should continue to improve but somehow will be the worst in the division because you guys added a few guys who have never played in your system. 

Your secondary lost it's best CB this offseason in Casey Hayward. Ours gained JC Jackson, Bryce Callahan and JT Woods.

Things in the NFL can change drastically from year to year. Our secondary is better than yours on paper right now, and I don't think it's even that close.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

Your secondary lost it's best CB this offseason in Casey Hayward. Ours gained JC Jackson, Bryce Callahan and JT Woods.

Things in the NFL can change drastically from year to year. Our secondary is better than yours on paper right now, and I don't think it's even that close.

That's a lot of confidence that JC will be just as good with yall out of that NE system.  Could very well be a Malcolm Butler situation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

That's a lot of confidence that JC will be just as good with yall out of that NE system.  Could very well be a Malcolm Butler situation.

I mean any player could fall off.

I don't think comparing JC Jackson to Malcolm Butler is entirely fair though.

1) Malcolm Butler didn't have that great of a season in his final year with the Pats in 2017. The drop off had already started before he ever left the Pats.

2) JC Jackson has been better the past 2 years than Butler ever was.

3) I think the Pats defensive players sucking after they leave is overblown tbh. Chandler Jones is still a beast after he left. Richard Seymour had some good years with the Raiders. Aqib Talib was great for the Broncos. Asante Samuel Sr. had some of his best seasons with the Eagles.

Maybe he doesn't have 8-9 picks this year but interceptions are incredibly variable from year to year anyways. He's an exceptional corner in man coverage and that's what we really needed.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

I mean any player could fall off.

I don't think comparing JC Jackson to Malcolm Butler is entirely fair though.

1) Malcolm Butler didn't have that great of a season in his final year with the Pats in 2017. The drop off had already started before he ever left the Pats.

2) JC Jackson has been better the past 2 years than Butler ever was.

3) I think the Pats defensive players sucking after they leave is overblown tbh. Chandler Jones is still a beast after he left. Richard Seymour had some good years with the Raiders. Aqib Talib was great for the Broncos. Asante Samuel Sr. had some of his best seasons with the Eagles.

I tend to agree with you, but stranger things have happened.  Only reason I brought it up is because it is a possibility. I quite frankly don't have a good prediction as to how the division will play out and view all teams as pretty equally matched and stocked with talent at this point.

Just now, FloydFan said:

I tend to agree with you, but stranger things have happened.  Only reason I brought it up is because it is a possibility. I quite frankly don't have a good prediction as to how the division will play out and view all teams as pretty equally matched and stocked with talent at this point.

Yeah I mean any player could fall off.

Will Mahomes fall off with no Tyreek Hill to throw to?

Will Devante Adams fall off now that Rodgers isn't throwing to him?

I'm not saying I think either of those is particularly likely, but you can make a case for why any good/great player will fall off this year.

My understanding is that Staley plans to use JC Jackson in a very similar capacity to how Belichick used him on the Pats defense. So I don't really see why he would suddenly fall off just because he's on a new team.

7 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Yeah I mean any player could fall off.

Will Mahomes fall off with no Tyreek Hill to throw to?

Will Devante Adams fall off now that Rodgers isn't throwing to him?

I'm not saying I think either of those is particularly likely, but you can make a case for why any good/great player will fall off this year.

My understanding is that Staley plans to use JC Jackson in a very similar capacity to how Belichick used him on the Pats defense. So I don't really see why he would suddenly fall off just because he's on a new team.

Possibly, we will see.  I'm expecting Adam's numbers to drop some seeing as Carr is a spread the ball around type of guy. Will be interesting to see if Mahomes is still the same guy without Tyreek. Same can be said with Mack and if he will kick the injury bug.  All of these teams have a lot of question marks and a lot of talent along with them.

I actually think the Broncos have the best team right now on paper with Wilson at QB... that's been the position that's held them back since Manning's days. It's hard to just pick the Chiefs again, considering how Mahome's finally started appearing to be human last year, and lost his only elite weapon outside of Travis Kelce. I could honestly see the Chiefs finishing anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the division.

The Raiders are such a wild card and could finish anywhere from 2nd to 4th IMO. The Chargers could easily win the division if they don't screw up on Special Teams. This is an incredibly difficult poll to answer...

4 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

Nate Hobbs was our best CB last season as a rookie and Hayward is old. We also added Rock Ya-Shin and Harmon. Your secondary was ranked as a bottom 5 unit in the NFL last year, JC Jackson's INT numbers are sexy but he's also getting thrown at a ton for a reason.

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

I'm expecting Adam's numbers to drop some seeing as Carr is a spread the ball around type of guy. 

Carr literally loves to throw to guys that he trusts which is why we've seen Waller/Renfrow have over 100 catches the past few years.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Nate Hobbs was our best CB last season as a rookie and Hayward is old. We also added Rock Ya-Shin and Harmon. Your secondary was ranked as a bottom 5 unit in the NFL last year, JC Jackson's INT numbers are sexy but he's also getting thrown at a ton for a reason.

I stand corrected in that Nate Hobbs had a (slightly) better grade than Hayward last year, but that doesn't really change my point. Your secondary got weaker.

As I said - Our secondary has been almost entirely revamped this offseason. The guys that made our secondary godawful last year (Chris Harris Jr, Trey Marshall, Tevaughn Campbell, Michael Davis, etc.) are either off the team and replaced or have been moved way down on the depth chart.

Edited by Bolts223