Colts sign OT Dennis Kelly

TheKillerNacho

53 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

You guys aren’t really trying to take credit for him are you?

I don't think anybody besides you is worried about who gets credit for Dennis Kelly's development or career in the NFL. Dennis Kelly absolutely IS a former Eagle olineman who went on to have a long career though so I don't see what your issue is with the original post.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

You guys aren’t really trying to take credit for him are you?

Nahhhh no more I guess then the 3 years AJ Brown spent as a Titan. I'm sure those years will be an afterthought as well by the end of his career, even if he was drafted and groomed as a Titan. 

I wasn't asking for credit, just pointing out how many OL seem to leave the Eagles after being coached by Stout to have long NFL careers. Unless you're suggesting that time as a Eagle in no way aided or helped him as a Titan? 

• Like 1

Who was Chip Kelly's OL coach in Philly?

Who was Doug Pederson's?

Who is Siriani's?

Stout is like the stadium. He comes with the job, He's that good.

I'm not sure how this would be a hot take or controversial to say that Kelly's time in Philly was a big benefit for his development.

Colts GM Ballard going the smart route - T depth was a massive issue last year with Eric Fisher not being his old self (not at all surprising).   Getting Raimann in the draft and now Kelly certainly adds much needed depth there.    Given Matt Ryan’s declining mobility it’s a really strong move.   

He was atrocious in preseason last year for GB and didn't see the field until much later on, but had to step in for the last few games of the season and was a nice surprise in that he wasn't special but was solid. Should be a good pick up for Indy, though he always had that look that he was -this-close to his body caving in, so they probably wouldn't want him in for more than a handful of games tops.