Top 5 TE to start the 2022 Season

Jeezla

59 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Player A: 107 receptions, 1,197 yards, 9 TD

Player B: 102 receptions, 1,354 yards, 7 TD

Waller in one season vs Goedert in 2 seasons, lulz.

He's an awesome blocker though. Part of what made Gronk so good was his blocking as well. We HAVE to look at blocking with TEs as well

Just now, BigTrav said:

He's an awesome blocker though. Part of what made Gronk so good was his blocking as well. We HAVE to look at blocking with TEs as well

Waller in 2020 had the third most catches in a season by a TE in NFL history. Goedert is good, but there's no one in the league taking him over Goedert. And if we're using that criteria why would you take Pitts over Waller who's a worse blocker and a less productive receiver? lol

Just now, NYRaider said:

Waller in 2020 had the third most catches in a season by a TE in NFL history. Goedert is good, but there's no one in the league taking him over Goedert. And if we're using that criteria why would you take Pitts over Waller who's a worse blocker and a less productive receiver? lol

No I'm not saying I'd take Dallas over Waller (see my rankings above), but I do think he's underrated. He's good at both, even if he does't have massive stats 

Just now, BigTrav said:

No I'm not saying I'd take Dallas over Waller (see my rankings above), but I do think he's underrated. He's good at both, even if he does't have massive stats 

Goedert is good and came on after they let go of Ertz but he's not in the top tier of TE's, imo. 

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Goedert is good and came on after they let go of Ertz but he's not in the top tier of TE's, imo. 

He is if you look at what they do on a per target basis. Goedert destroys Waller per target.

Waller - 93 Targets - 665 yards - 2 TD's

Goedert - 76 Targets - 830 yards - 4 TD's

Every TE that finished with more yards than Goedert also had more targets. 

Kittle - 94 targets
Pitts - 110 targets
Kelce - 134
Andrews 153

Give Dallas Goedert 153 targets and see what happens.

49 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He is if you look at what they do on a per target basis. Goedert destroys Waller per target.

Waller - 93 Targets - 665 yards - 2 TD's

Goedert - 76 Targets - 830 yards - 4 TD's

Every TE that finished with more yards than Goedert also had more targets. 

Kittle - 94 targets
Pitts - 110 targets
Kelce - 134
Andrews 153

Give Dallas Goedert 153 targets and see what happens.

Waller was banged up for most of last season, lol. The only active TE in the entire league (including Gronk) that has more 1,000+ yard seasons than Waller is Kelce. If Goedert is on that top tier elite level, why isn't he getting that top tier elite volume? It's not like the Eagles had a stacked group of weapons in the passing game last season. I like Goedert but you're out of your damn mind if you think he's better than Waller, lol. There's literally not a single team in the NFL that would take Goedert over Waller.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

last season

last season is the most recent evidence we have as to the player he will be entering this season. And he just wasn't very good, regardless of the reason. Whether he was hurt or not, fact is he played, and didn't play well.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

why isn't he getting that top tier elite volume?

Did you watch any of our games last year?

Just now, Jeezla said:

last season is the most recent evidence we have as to the player he will be entering this season. And he just wasn't very good, regardless of the reason. Whether he was hurt or not, fact is he played, and didn't play well.

Did you watch any of our games last year?

Waller was banged up for the majority of the season, watch his game week 1 against the Ravens, it's better than any performance Goedert has ever had in his entire career. The thing with Waller is that even though he had a down year, mainly due to injury where he missed 7 games, he still had 665 yards, which was more production than Goedert had during any of his first three seasons. When Goedert goes for 1,000+ yards or 100+ catches you can compare him to Darren "the Baller" Waller."

And yes I watched every single Eagles game I had Hurts and Goedert on my fantasy team, lol.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You really don't have the credibility to speak for 31 other teams imo,

Yeah I guess they'd want a guy who had been primarily a backup before this season over a player who is breaking NFL records. I like Goedert, he's one of the best TE's in the NFL, Waller is just better than him. That's not a diss or a slight to Goedert though at all. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

And yes I watched every single Eagles game I had Hurts and Goedert on my fantasy team, lol.

So tell me what you saw as far as our scheme and how capable our QB was throwing the ball. Also tell me how many passes our QB averaged per game vs Derek Carr, other QB's that had 1000 yard TE's.