The Jay Gruden Thread

lavar703

8 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

having a photographic memory, turtle you have written several times there we don’t have a strong or free safety- they play interchangeably. I thought it was wrong when you wrote it then and now. 

None of this matters much really as it’s talking about having dandruff when your in septic shock- meaning with Allen ( running things) and Gruden as head coach it just doesn’t matter

just look at the rams or even the 49ers. Both head coaches were with us and ours is much much worse. 

I don’t think I exactly wrote that. We run different coverages. Sometimes we have single high, sometimes our safeties split the field, it just depends on what’s called.

MKnight has written that we don’t have a FS or SS but that they always play interchangeable and sometimes they do play that way but I think it was proven when Nicholson was healthy that we would play more single high with Swearinger in the box covering TEs and helping more in our run D.

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

This is silly.  You know we don’t need another SS.  You know we don’t need a first round safety.

I don’t think you can put Derwin James into a box and say he’s only able to play one position. 

You yourself said a month or so ago that you thought he could play corner and you’d play him there.

So, much like Jabril Peppers last year, if a DB is capable of playing outside and slot corner, SS and dime LB; he could also play FS especially when they have great instincts and 4.5 speed or better.

I agree S isn’t a top need but if he’s the BPA we’d be foolish to pass on him. Our defensive coaches should certainly be creative enough to get him, Nicholson and Swearinger all on the field together in nickle and some packages. For me, it’s easy, move Swearinger to dime ILB and put James in the game. That would be one heck of a defense against any passing game.

I feel like you learn the most about a staff and a team in the face of adversity!!!! While we’re talking about James we probably just won ourselfs out of position for him. That said I feel like winning as many games as meaningless as they are to a playoff run is more meaningful to have a never quit we will be better mindset in the locker room and a lower draft pick then it is to well we have a top 5 pick but the team quits in the face of adversity. Hate our coaches. Hate the players scheme whatever but I’m sorry for the better part of my life I’ve watched this team quit time and time again. Since the arrival of Gruden we don’t quit. And no things just haven’t clicked. This wasn’t a normal rebuild. This team has cancer in the locker room and in the FO. I don’t like Bruce but we don’t seem to get the leaks about coaches! We don’t get the leaks about players. These players play and we are finding leaders. Draft picks are coming into their own. Just a little more time!!! Yes it’s easy to turn a team like the rams with 15 top 5 picks around quick. We haven’t ranked once. We are building the right way. If we could just stop the offseason madness we’ve had with Kirk and lock him up and have a good offseason and draft I believe we can be right there or close.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think you can put Derwin James into a box and say he’s only able to play one position. 

You yourself said a month or so ago that you thought he could play corner and you’d play him there.

So, much like Jabril Peppers last year, if a DB is capable of playing outside and slot corner, SS and dime LB; he could also play FS especially when they have great instincts and 4.5 speed or better.

I agree S isn’t a top need but if he’s the BPA we’d be foolish to pass on him. Our defensive coaches should certainly be creative enough to get him, Nicholson and Swearinger all on the field together in nickle and some packages. For me, it’s easy, move Swearinger to dime ILB and put James in the game. That would be one heck of a defense against any passing game.

We’d be fools to take a safety in the first round with the front 7 we have.

On 12/10/2017 at 6:46 PM, Slateman said:

They were done when they lost to the Vikings.

Anyway, if you decide to release Gruden, you may as well let Cousins walk. It's not going to be worth keeping him around for a rebuild. By the time you're good enough and Cousins has figured out the system, he'll be on the down side of his career. Or so costly you won't be able to put together a decent team.

They could have survived the Vikings loss, but they needed to beat both New Orleans and Dallas in order to stay afloat. That didn't happen so ...

18 hours ago, Woz said:

They could have survived the Vikings loss, but they needed to beat both New Orleans and Dallas in order to stay afloat. That didn't happen so ...

I say the VIkings because that should have been a very winnable game. It's when the defense finally couldn't take it any more and just couldn't keep Keenum from lighting it up. It was obvious the team just simply didn't care after that and Manusky didn't know how to scheme. He might be a good position coach and good at getting people coached up to plays, but he simply can't make the adjustments needed at the DC level.

On 12/18/2017 at 8:24 AM, MKnight82 said:

We’d be fools to take a safety in the first round with the front 7 we have.

Our front 7 looked good before Allen, Foster and Ioannidis got hurt. So, we should take the BPA as long as it isn’t a guard IMO - if Kirk is back - obviously is Kirk is gone, Qb is definitely on the table in round 1.

We most certainly can wait until round 2 and 3 to take an ILB or NT. At this point Vita is looking like a 2nd round pick, as is most of the ILBs. 

9 hours ago, Slateman said:

I say the VIkings because that should have been a very winnable game. It's when the defense finally couldn't take it any more and just couldn't keep Keenum from lighting it up. It was obvious the team just simply didn't care after that and Manusky didn't know how to scheme. He might be a good position coach and good at getting people coached up to plays, but he simply can't make the adjustments needed at the DC level.

Was it that Manusky didn’t know how to scheme or was it because Allen, Foster, Ioannidis, Nicholson and Norman were all hurt?

I mean seriously, you can’t lose that much talent and expect to stop some of the top offenses in the nfl. 

When healthy our D was solid

Just now, El ramster said:

Just wanna say thank y’all.. Thank you guys for grooming mCbabe.. and I see you @MKnight82

i see you boo.. Hope you guys bounce back next season.. Miss our daily Skin games every year it seems. 

Yeah. Quite a few of us were happy that he was getting a HC job, but very ticked we were losing him.

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

What happened to your D? I imagine it’s been ravaged by injuries? Y’all really pushed our crap in this years game. 

Yeah, we've had a few injuries. Most specifically was JAllen getting injured. He was taking double teams and freeing up Ioannidas and others to get home to the QB. Lost Mason Foster, Nicholson, and others to injury as well. Plus our coaches can't seem to scheme to disguise and protect against our deficiencies.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Was it that Manusky didn’t know how to scheme or was it because Allen, Foster, Ioannidis, Nicholson and Norman were all hurt?

I mean seriously, you can’t lose that much talent and expect to stop some of the top offenses in the nfl. 

When healthy our D was solid

Manusky doesn't know how to scheme. That's why the pass rush disappears in the second half. Manusky keeps sending four guys and the other team figures out how to compensate.

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Man our team will be garbage until they fire the joke known as Bruce Allen and hire a real GM.

Will never happen as long as Dan Snyder is the owner.

Archived