The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

34 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I know it won't happen, because Houston fans would justifiably riot, and because it probably wouldn't work out due to how rarely it does, but I don't think Davis Mills is unsalvageable. He was put into a tank situation from day 1 as a sacrificial lamb, and if Ryans decided to just go absolutely ham on defense and some real supporting cast guys on offense, I wouldn't think less of him. 

They'll get a QB at some point, that's a certainty. But I'd gladly take Davis Mills in if he were ever made available. Houston's offense was as bleak a situation as I've seen in a long time and that kid just rolled through the punches. He's probably going to wind up the next Ryan Fitzpatrick type. 

I could see they staying put and getting Levi’s with their 2nd first

37 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I agree cuz corner rt now imo is a big dang need. All over the d? Absolutely! But we need a stud cb ASAP. A trade down would be huge IMO. With that? 5 picks in the first 100 would be able to add 5 good prospects if we get the picks right. 

“IF” I hope it’s no stupid surprises this draft

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I've thought similar. 

A QB will fall. Always happens. And it's not like they'd need take some dramatic fall to wind up there. 

I think Davis is ok at qb losing mechie hurt them but it was a wash year for them anyway Imo 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

They didn’t have chandler Jones lol

imo the niners work because they don’t rely on the qb to win so they can get away with Brock purdys. Him also being a defensive guy i can see it.

I get what you saying but the defense ain't putting the points on the board the offense is good also. 

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

From what I saw, he is more raw than other prospects as a pass rusher, especially with his moves and in his games against pro-style OT's with good hand usage. Not saying he can't develop, I just prefer other guys.

Hmm 4years at ND improvement the last 3 years and had his best season last year, I mean what more can you ask of a guy. Proved to be one of the top athletes at the position. But to each his own.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d absolutely love this and it’s exactly what I’d do.  I’ve wondered how far we can go back though.

I'd trade back as long as we can get Porter or Banks assuming Witherspoon and Gonzalez is gone, and we added atleast a 2nd and 3rd.

They didn’t have chandler Jones lol

imo the niners work because they don’t rely on the qb to win so they can get away with Brock purdys. Him also being a defensive guy i can see it.

His version of Bosa would be LVN 

13 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'd trade back as long as we can get Porter or Banks assuming Witherspoon and Gonzalez is gone, and we added atleast a 2nd and 3rd.

Yeah, I’m not that high on Banks but I’d be happy trading back and adding a 2nd and 3rd… I’d be happy with Porter, Breese, Myles Murphy, etc.

“IF” I hope it’s no stupid surprises this draft

All of us do brother, every flippin one.....even the guys that ain’t seein eye to eye can agree on that one. If zigs doesn’t pull a RM OR GRUDOCK first thru 3 rd.....yeah, that’s a win. Lol!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

They're ranked basically last in offense though...31st in offense and 31st in touchdowns. 28th in red zone %. They need to improve their offense.

Their defense was bad too, but at least they had 10 more sacks than we did last year.

Ryans is a defensive coach and their defense needs talent. Be a bad look for the defense to look horrible. Will Anderson and Stingley would be a nice building blocks. They could then see if Levis drops to 12. If not, they can just roll one more year of Davis Mills and get another defensive stud. Their offense is on the rise, Dalton Shultz was a big pickup. Nico Collins might be breaking out into a star, watch out for him in fantasy. Metchie is coming back and was highly regarded, Woods is alright vet starting WR. Pierce looked like a beast as a rookie, Singletary one of the better RB2 in the league. Their OL is solid. Maybe it all clicks for Davis Mills with a better team around him. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Last I checked they were winning low scoring games iirc 

our 6 wins we averaged 31.5 points. . . but in 3 we got D Tds.
Our lowest win was 22points against Den, (no D tds), which id argue is at least mid scoring (especially against Den D)

Id say, we did not win 1 low scoring game. The D scoring def helped in our wins though. 
The average game in 2022 was 43.4 points, so 22 points isnt really low. Def not high, but not low