The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Did you or did you not have a first round grade on Willis? 

Convenient that bay left that out. It’s ok, he can’t help it. I’ll always laugh about his hate on Herbert too. Nobody, NOBODY is right 100% of the time. Even Bay “the QBs guru”

3 hours ago, reddevil said:

Which would you take at 7?

All but Levis. And I'm starting to questions that some even. I have a feeling these QBs might look different to teams than the media. And maybe the top 10 falls a little different than consensus. 

For example.... I've heard recently with Stroud is he can be difficult to coach. Basically he likes doing things his way and thinks he knows better than coaches at times. Could be teams trying to push him down, could be something to it. If Houston passes on him at 2, I'd seriously start to question as to why.

4 QBs, all with major flaws going top 10.... either teams have lost their minds or it we see some unexpected moves in the top 10. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Convenient that bay left that out. It’s ok, he can’t help it. I’ll always laugh about his hate on Herbert too. Nobody, NOBODY is right 100% of the time. Even Bay “the QBs guru”

I find it hilarious..... guys watch highlight reels on Youtube. Listen to "experts" online and on Twitter. Read draft breakdowns and combine numbers. Then form an opinion, usually on the backs of their favorite draft expert.

Then will just blast someone for being wrong and talk about how right they were as if any of their opinions were not completely regurgitated from some draft blog. Guilty myself. 

But when you really think about it.... this is all insanely trivial. The loudest voices in here argue these things as if it's their job to prospect. When reality, we're all just wasting time on the internet.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

All but Levis. And I'm starting to questions that some even. I have a feeling these QBs might look different to teams than the media. And maybe the top 10 falls a little different than consensus. 

For example.... I've heard recently with Stroud is he can be difficult to coach. Basically he likes doing things his way and thinks he knows better than coaches at times. Could be teams trying to push him down, could be something to it. If Houston passes on him at 2, I'd seriously start to question as to why.

4 QBs, all with major flaws going top 10.... either teams have lost their minds or it we see some unexpected moves in the top 10. 

That link you posted had info about personal life stuff and the section about stroud dad was definitely eye opening.

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That link you posted had info about personal life stuff and the section about stroud dad was definitely eye opening.

Interesting. I didn't read his bio. Been looking at more day 3 guys with that. 

Found what I heard yesterday:

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It’s the way of the NFL. It happens every year.

11 hours ago, Marz_LVR said:

Yo, chill out on my boy DTR, that’s a harsh analysis….. but sadly I agree lol Hell of an athlete tho. I selfishly would take a late round flyer in the 6th or 7th round bcs his brother is a friend of mine and I might be able to get an inside scoop 😅 I like Haener, but might just be recency bias after seeing what Purdy did. You don’t think AR could develop to compete w Herbert or Mahomes, or u don’t think the staff has enough juice to develop him? Personally Im with the latter, sadly don’t think much of JMD but maybe he could thrive in a more strict offense… wishful thinking aha 

No way AR every competes with QBs in the AFC west. He’s not that good of a passer he’s gonna have to rush for 150 yards a game and throw 150. Herbert and Mahomes can throw for 350+ every game if they had too.

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I’ve mentioned the smoke coming out that Houston won’t take a QB at #2 if Young is not available.  I think it is 50/50 now. Tyree Wilson at #2 is a real possibility. 

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Interesting yea his dad is locked up and pretty well known. then throw in the Vegas location and yea could be issues 

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I find it hilarious..... guys watch highlight reels on Youtube. Listen to "experts" online and on Twitter. Read draft breakdowns and combine numbers. Then form an opinion, usually on the backs of their favorite draft expert.

Then will just blast someone for being wrong and talk about how right they were as if any of their opinions were not completely regurgitated from some draft blog. Guilty myself. 

But when you really think about it.... this is all insanely trivial. The loudest voices in here argue these things as if it's their job to prospect. When reality, we're all just wasting time on the internet.

"Imagine being this salty you'd waste time typing all of this...."

My oh my the cognitive dissonance is strong here. 

Two weeks until draft day and my feelings have changed a few times, just like every year.  But after a lot of thought this is how I think the Raiders first two rounds could play out. 

Because of the depth at corner in the draft, I think that we will take a pass rusher in the first round.  Either at 7 or with a small trade back.  At 7, I wouldn't be shocked if Anderson or Wilson slide to us.  I also wouldn't be shocked to see a Van Ness or Smith be the pick but I would prefer a small trade back for them.  I think day 2 we will go secondary and linebacker.  

7. Wilson / Van Ness

38. DJ Turner / Drew Sanders

70. Jack Campbell / Riley Moss

100. Schoonmaker / Tucker Kraft

I swear that I'm not an Iowa homer.  But I really like 4 prospects from Iowa this year.