2022 Around league

dll2000

50 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Hypothetical. Jets pick 15th. They offer a massive trade package to us for our 1st round pick (1 or 2) that includes 15 and Quinnen Williams. How much more would you need to take it?

If I also got their 2023 2 and 2024 1 I’d say yes. You could probably get comparable draft capital elsewhere without moving down as far, but Williams is everything you hope you’re drafting if you take Jalen Carter. 

I remember many fans and media were calling Quinnen a bust or at least a disappointment early in his career.   He has been a beast this year.

53 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Hypothetical. Jets pick 15th. They offer a massive trade package to us for our 1st round pick (1 or 2) that includes 15 and Quinnen Williams. How much more would you need to take it?

If I also got their 2023 2 and 2024 1 I’d say yes. You could probably get comparable draft capital elsewhere without moving down as far, but Williams is everything you hope you’re drafting if you take Jalen Carter. 

2023 is Quinnen's 5th year though so you have to factor in a huge extension to make any trade worthwhile.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

2023 is Quinnen's 5th year though so you have to factor in a huge extension to make any trade worthwhile.  

Honestly I don’t care given our cap space. I’m assuming with this trade he’s getting a contract in the neighborhood of $25M/year. I’d much rather we pay an elite player at the top of the market than an above average one, and Williams is an elite player who just turned 25 a few weeks ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ran this draft sim under this scenario (1-2 for 1-15, 2-45 and 2024 1st) under the assumption we get Williams in the trade:

53680834-0147-4-B6-E-9-AC0-BD53-E8-D50-A9240-EA71-CA8-E-4064-8-DBB-E6-DFE378-A32

Took Harrison higher than his projection because that’s where I think he goes and because I love his upside. Took Bumper Pool cuz his name makes me laugh. 🤷‍♂️

If this were to happen for us… 🙏 🙏 🙏 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Honestly I don’t care given our cap space. I’m assuming with this trade he’s getting a contract in the neighborhood of $25M/year. I’d much rather we pay an elite player at the top of the market than an above average one, and Williams is an elite player who just turned 25 a few weeks ago. 

And if we didn't get a lot of others in FA we could make his biggest cap hit in 2023 as well, making it more team friendly from there on out. 

How many players are going to turn away a ****- ton of money up front? 

• Like 1

How many teams may be looking new QB in 2023?

Go in order.

Bills - no

Dolphins - Probably not, but Tua is getting a lot of serious head trauma in a short period of time.  Something to monitor.

Patriots - Probably not.  But they don't seem happy with what they have at moment.

Jets - yeppers

Chiefs - These bastards took the QB we should have.  Mahomes is amazing.

Chargers - no

Raiders - yeppers.

Broncos - LOL.  No.  But they wish.

Bengals - No.

Ravens - Interesting situation.  He is still not under contract.  Answer is I don't know what they really think of Jackson.

Steelers - No. Not after a first round pick in 2022.

Browns - No.

Jags - No

Titans - I think maybe yes.  Not happy with Tannehill most of time and they can get out in 2023 for 18 mil.

Colts - yeppers

Texans - yeppers

Eagles - no

Cowboys - no

Giants - Not sure.  I would think so, but maybe not.

Washington - Yes

49ers - No.  Interesting to see if Purdy keeps that job though.

Seabirds - Yes.  Even if they like Smith - he is old.

Rams - No.

Cardinals -  Interesting situation, but probably no after giving that contract.  That GM been fired yet?

Vikings - Only if Cousins retires.  That guy has had quite a career for someone few people like.

Lions - Yes

Packers - they should, but probably won't.

Bucs - They have a young QB in place so no.  Just kidding.  Brady probably retires after giving up his marriage for a mediocre last season.   They have to be looking QB, but if Brady stays they may ride him another year.

Panthers - Yes.  Darnold is fool's gold even if he closes well this year.

Saints - Who even plays QB for Saints? ... Dalton still?  Yes.

Falcons - Yes.  I don't think Ridder is it.

So let's count ... so probably 11 or more teams that need a new QB.

A number of those will go with retreads or run it back with what they have.   

Still should be 3 QB first rounders I would think.   Last year had to be an anomaly.   

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Do we for once want the Packers to win? Means Minnesota will play their starters next week?

Minnesota would play their starters next week anyway because they still have to fend off SF for the 2 seed. I'd rather GB loses regardless. I don't want them in the playoffs

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Minnesota would play their starters next week anyway because they still have to fend off SF for the 2 seed. I'd rather GB loses regardless. I don't want them in the playoffs

I just don't see the Packers as any sort of threat in the playoffs this year and as much as I never want that lot to win at this point I just want us to have the best possible chance at #1 overall...at least right now no matter what the worst we can do is #4.

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Poles didn't need Tonga or Shelley huh?

I still don't understand why Tonga was cut. I don't buy it that he was a headcase or whatever, and he is every bit a fit as a 4-3 NT as he was in the 3-4. He may be a one dimensional player but he does that one thing well at least. Thats more than about any other DL we have.

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I still don't understand why Tonga was cut. I don't buy it that he was a headcase or whatever, and he is every bit a fit as a 4-3 NT as he was in the 3-4. He may be a one dimensional player but he does that one thing well at least. Thats more than about any other DL we have.

I have always through it was a practice thing...I doubt a guy that size really wanted to run the way this coaching staff demand in training camp and cutting him was a statement of intent that didn't cost us an outstanding player but a decent one.