Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Do you think that coaches make a difference in the sim?

I don’t really know but I do know that taking a HC only to use him for the majority of the season as a DC to save a tag in the 6th round is stupid. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

I don’t really know but I do know that taking a HC only to use him for the majority of the season as a DC to save a tag in the 6th round is stupid. 

Hypothetically: if coaches do make a difference, isn't it better that I 1) get one of the best HCs for almost half of the season, 2) prevent other owners from having access to one of the best HCs, and 3) have that HC for the playoffs?

If that coach is worth drafting in the 6th round, how is keeping that coach each year for the cost of a 6th round pick a bad idea?

6 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

SirA1: *doesn't keep Mike Williams due to drops (5) and fumbles (3)*

SirA1: *claims that he's going to take a good player in the 5th round*

SirA1: *takes a WR3/KR/PR who finished S23 with 6 drops and 1 fumble on almost half of Mike Williams' receptions*

Me:

See the source image

Yeah I didn't think Mike Williams was worth 3 Tags at that price because of his drops. I got him close to the middle of the 2nd round last year. Top 10 is still a bit high IMO. 9% of the time he touched the ball something bad happened.

I said I was considering Bill at 6.18 because he normally goes in the 7th/8th because I don't have a 7th this draft so would have had no chance to get him at 8.18.  Now I can select another player that will help my team at 6.18 not in the 5th round as you state above. (Also I'm a Pats fan)

Marquise Brown was 4th in receiving yards (775) and 1st in TDs (9) for all WR3 in the league last year. Yes he had 1 more drop than Williams but was also a returner (2 more TDs) so out touched Williams (and outscored him) and only had something bad happen 4% of the time. That to me is value in the 5th. I don't think he will get anything near that this season but am fine using him as a returner and maybe having another WR play 9 games and then keep him for 1 tag in S25 and use him in the playoffs this season and see what kind of bump he gets from playing in Arizona as a true No1 for 6 weeks.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Yeah I didn't think Mike Williams was worth 3 Tags at that price because of his drops. I got him close to the middle of the 2nd round last year. Top 10 is still a bit high IMO. 9% of the time he touched the ball something bad happened.

I said I was considering Bill at 6.18 because he normally goes in the 7th/8th because I don't have a 7th this draft so would have had no chance to get him at 8.18.  Now I can select another player that will help my team at 6.18 not in the 5th round as you state above.

Marquise Brown was 4th in receiving yards (775) and 1st in TDs (9) for all WR3 in the league last year. Yes he had 1 more drop than Williams but was also a returner (2 more TDs) so out touched Williams (and outscored him) and only had something bad happen 4% of the time. That to me is value in the 5th. I don't think he will get anything near that this season but am fine using him as a returner and maybe having another WR play 9 games and then keep him for 1 tag in S25 and use him in the playoffs this season and see what kind of bump he gets from playing in Arizona as a true No1 for 6 weeks.

Planning to stash him at one tag makes perfect sense, considering his opportunity in Arizona. Drafting him to be a #3 wide receiver, considering his extremely high drop rate, appeared questionable after your criticism of Williams.

I wasn't even against your criticism of Williams, to be honest: the fumbles are probably a fluke, but the drops are there. So are his yards and touchdowns, and he certainly appears to be on the upswing in real life.

it just seemed to me that, if you were looking for a potential #1 wide receiver, Williams is far more likely that player than Brown. Considering how cheap tags were this year, I think I would have leaned towards keeping Williams and still drafting Brown.

Just my take.