Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Rosters have been moved to this thread, and normal first-come, first-serve Free Agency is open. As a general reminder, please do not forget to tag me for any move.

Again, Week 1 is Wednesday, so the deadline for any changes is Tuesday at Noon ET.

Appreciate You Royce Da 59 GIF

• Like 1

I'll try out some power rankings.

Cheesy Conference

1. Rio de Janeiro Pirates

• Mahomes and that offense are scary. The oline isn't as good as a few others, but it should be good enough for Chubb to run the ball effectively while teams focus on trying failing to stop that passing attack. The defense is solid. Nothing too spectacular, but a lot of good players on each level. Vernon is a big question mark though.

2. Reykjavík Direwolves

• Lamar is RB1, so the questions in the backfield are mitigated a bit. And this oline and weapons are pretty good. The defense is stacked with above average/elite players at every level. And should challenge for best in the league.

3. Hanoi Viet Kongs 

• The offense looks more than good enough to be effective, even if it lacks real star power. There are pretty good players at every level, including a decent oline. And as is tradition, this defense looks legit. Which should help the offense the few times it might struggle. This looks like a team that can win a lot of 21-17, 24-20 type games. I'm not sure many teams are built like that.

4. Little Rock Uni Royals

• An oline that's pretty good should help an ok backfield. The passing game looks above average as well. Allen hasn't quite earned the elite status in the sim as he has in the NFL. But Cook, Cooks, and Higgins should help him out quite a bit; Pittman appears to need another NFL season. The defense has an elite secondary and pretty good dline.

5. Anchorage Ukpiks

• The offense should be pretty good. The receivers are far above average, the oline is alright, and Matty Ice still has enough left in the tank to put up some numbers. The running game might suffer behind a line that isn't as good as a lot of others. The defense is sprinkled with some really good players and some rookies, which might hold this team back. 

6. Burlington Sock Puppets

• I hate to sleep on Brady. He's gonna put ridiculous numbers. And his weapons are all pretty good. The oline is a bit of a question and the backfield might suffer a bit for it though. The defense is littered with names. But a few of 'em are misplaced, in regards to position. We'll see how well that works out. But good players are good players. I question that secondary.

7. Tokyo Samurai

• Dak's weapons are lacking. But Zeke has a solid line to run behind. Dak's legs might have to help make up for some of this offense. The defense looks pretty good though; including an elite secondary. Might have to rely on that defense to make up for an offense that might struggle to pass the ball.

8. Tacoma Thunder

• Jameis has a couple good weapons at least. Mixon is gonna have to pull his weight behind that line. But that defense looks pretty good. Lotta names, even if out of position. But this team might be able to pull out a few low scoring games.

9. Bowling Green Bighorns

• Tanny has ok weapons, behind an ok line, with a questionable backfield. But with a league condensed to 20 teams, ok probably isn't enough. The defense is much the same.

10. Lancaster Fighting Amish

• The offense is probably gonna struggle quite a bit. Ekeler is behind an ok line that'll probably be fighting defenses that focus on stopping the run. Lance isn't ready yet, despite some pretty good weapons. The defense has some good names on it. But it's difficult to stop offenses in this league; especially with an offense that looks like it's gonna struggle.

Salsa Conference

1. Richmond Flying Squirrels

• The oline could be better but it's alright. And with an elite QB, RB, and WRs, good luck stopping this monstrosity of an offense. The defense looks pretty good. There don't appear to be any real weaknesses. Which is a bummer.

2. New Zealand Blobfish

• Carr is a big upgrade over Tanny. And with those weapons behind that line, damn. The backfield might struggle, but most teams are gonna focus on that passing attack anyway. So that should help. This is one of the better dlines in the league with a great secondary. It's gonna be tough to move the ball against 'em.

3. Scranton Papermakers

• Murray has some legit weapons behind a decent line. And a backfield good enough to move the ball if teams ignore it. This is another elite dline with a pretty good secondary. There isn't a real weakness on this team. I think the Papermakers are a coinflip's difference from the Blobfish.

4. Indianapolis Predators

• Herbert has pretty good weapons, behind a pretty good line. And ignoring Kamara will kill you. Herbert suffers from the same thing Allen does; he's not quite sim elite as he is considered NFL elite. This is the best dline in the sim, pretty favorably. And that secondary looks pretty good.

5. Freiburg Venom

• Stafford has good weapons, behind a good line, with King Henry to take your mind off the passing game. This offense looks like a pick-your-poison type thing to deal with. The defense looks pretty good. It just - on paper - appears to lack real star power. But there don't seem to be any real questions.

6. Pittston Waste Walruses

• Feels weird to have Godgers this low. But I think the shuffling of above average players around him hurts the potential of having better guys. The running game can't be ignored. But the oline is only ok. I question how good this defense can be. I don't really see anyone that stands out.

7. Greenland Polar Bears

• Mac Jones and that backfield probably don't scare anybody. But Jones' weapons could be worse and the oline is pretty good. The defense looks pretty good. It seems to rely on a few rookies, but they're basically the top rookies available. So that's not necessarily a bad thing.

8. Egypt Starfalls

• The serial rapist's weapons seem alright. But he wasn't given much help in the backfield or with an oline. The only real questions on defense are at safety. Everyone else is either pretty good, elite, or Aaron Donald.

9. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas

• Tua behind a middling oline with ok weapons is probably gonna struggle. CMC is a positive though. But with teams likely focusing on him, moving the ball might be a struggle. The defense has some names overall. But that seems to be it.

Overall rankings

1. Richmond Flying Squirrels
  2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates
  3. Reykjavík Direwolves
  4. New Zealand Blobfish
  5. Scranton Papermakers
  6. Hanoi Viet Kongs
  7. Little Rock Uni Royals
  8. Indianapolis Predators
  9. Freiburg Venom
  10. Anchorage Ukpiks
  11. Burlington Sock Puppets
  12. Pittston Waste Walruses
  13. Tokyo Samurai
  14. Tacoma Thunder
  15. Greenland Polar Bears
  16. Bowling Green Bighorns
  17. Egypt Starfalls
  18. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas
  19. Lancaster Fighting Amish

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'll try out some power rankings.

Cheesy Conference

1. Rio de Janeiro Pirates

• Mahomes and that offense are scary. The oline isn't as good as a few others, but it should be good enough for Chubb to run the ball effectively while teams focus on trying failing to stop that passing attack. The defense is solid. Nothing too spectacular, but a lot of good players on each level. Vernon is a big question mark though.

2. Reykjavík Direwolves

• Lamar is RB1, so the questions in the backfield are mitigated a bit. And this oline and weapons are pretty good. The defense is stacked with above average/elite players at every level. And should challenge for best in the league.

3. Hanoi Viet Kongs 

• The offense looks more than good enough to be effective, even if it lacks real star power. There are pretty good players at every level, including a decent oline. And as is tradition, this defense looks legit. Which should help the offense the few times it might struggle. This looks like a team that can win a lot of 21-17, 24-20 type games. I'm not sure many teams are built like that.

4. Little Rock Uni Royals

• An oline that's pretty good should help an ok backfield. The passing game looks above average as well. Allen hasn't quite earned the elite status in the sim as he has in the NFL. But Cook, Cooks, and Higgins should help him out quite a bit; Pittman appears to need another NFL season. The defense has an elite secondary and pretty good dline.

5. Anchorage Ukpiks

• The offense should be pretty good. The receivers are far above average, the oline is alright, and Matty Ice still has enough left in the tank to put up some numbers. The running game might suffer behind a line that isn't as good as a lot of others. The defense is sprinkled with some really good players and some rookies, which might hold this team back. 

6. Burlington Sock Puppets

• I hate to sleep on Brady. He's gonna put ridiculous numbers. And his weapons are all pretty good. The oline is a bit of a question and the backfield might suffer a bit for it though. The defense is littered with names. But a few of 'em are misplaced, in regards to position. We'll see how well that works out. But good players are good players. I question that secondary.

7. Tokyo Samurai

• Dak's weapons are lacking. But Zeke has a solid line to run behind. Dak's legs might have to help make up for some of this offense. The defense looks pretty good though; including an elite secondary. Might have to rely on that defense to make up for an offense that might struggle to pass the ball.

8. Tacoma Thunder

• Jameis has a couple good weapons at least. Mixon is gonna have to pull his weight behind that line. But that defense looks pretty good. Lotta names, even if out of position. But this team might be able to pull out a few low scoring games.

9. Bowling Green Bighorns

• Tanny has ok weapons, behind an ok line, with a questionable backfield. But with a league condensed to 20 teams, ok probably isn't enough. The defense is much the same.

10. Lancaster Fighting Amish

• The offense is probably gonna struggle quite a bit. Ekeler is behind an ok line that'll probably be fighting defenses that focus on stopping the run. Lance isn't ready yet, despite some pretty good weapons. The defense has some good names on it. But it's difficult to stop offenses in this league; especially with an offense that looks like it's gonna struggle.

Salsa Conference

1. Richmond Flying Squirrels

• The oline could be better but it's alright. And with an elite QB, RB, and WRs, good luck stopping this monstrosity of an offense. The defense looks pretty good. There don't appear to be any real weaknesses. Which is a bummer.

2. New Zealand Blobfish

• Carr is a big upgrade over Tanny. And with those weapons behind that line, damn. The backfield might struggle, but most teams are gonna focus on that passing attack anyway. So that should help. This is one of the better dlines in the league with a great secondary. It's gonna be tough to move the ball against 'em.

3. Scranton Papermakers

• Murray has some legit weapons behind a decent line. And a backfield good enough to move the ball if teams ignore it. This is another elite dline with a pretty good secondary. There isn't a real weakness on this team. I think the Papermakers are a coinflip's difference between the Blobfish.

4. Indianapolis Predators

• Herbert has pretty good weapons, behind a pretty good line. And ignoring Kamara will kill you. Herbert suffers from the same thing Allen does; he's not quite sim elite as he is considered NFL elite. This is the best dline in the sim, pretty favorably. And that secondary looks pretty good.

5. Freiburg Venom

• Stafford has good weapons, behind a good line, with King Henry to take your mind off the passing game. This offense looks like a pick-your-poison type thing to deal with. The defense looks pretty good. It just - on paper - appears to lack real star power. But there don't seem to be any real questions.

6. Pittston Waste Walruses

• Feels weird to have Godgers this low. But I think the shuffling of above average players around him hurts the potential of having better guys. The running game can't be ignored. But the oline is only ok. I question how good this defense can be. I don't really see anyone that stands out.

7. Greenland Polar Bears

• Mac Jones and that backfield probably don't scare anybody. But Jones' weapons could be worse and the oline is pretty good. The defense looks pretty good. It seems to rely on a few rookies, but they're basically the top rookies available. So that's not necessarily a bad thing.

8. Egypt Starfalls

• The serial rapist's weapons seem alright. But he wasn't given much help in the backfield or with an oline. The only real questions on defense are at safety. Everyone else is either pretty good, elite, or Aaron Donald.

9. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas

• Tua behind a middling oline with ok weapons is probably gonna struggle. CMAC is a positive though. But with teams likely focusing on him, moving the ball might be a struggle. The defense has some names but overall. But that seems to be it.

Overall rankings

1. Richmond Flying Squirrels
  2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates
  3. Reykjavík Direwolves
  4. New Zealand Blobfish
  5. Scranton Papermakers
  6. Hanoi Viet Kongs
  7. Little Rock Uni Royals
  8. Indianapolis Predators
  9. Freiburg Venom
  10. Anchorage Ukpiks
  11. Burlington Sock Puppets
  12. Pittston Waste Walruses
  13. Tokyo Samurai
  14. Tacoma Thunder
  15. Greenland Polar Bears
  16. Bowling Green Bighorns
  17. Egypt Starfalls
  18. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas
  19. Lancaster Fighting Amish

This should put me picking at about 11:45 my time. Much better 

Wow. #1. That's high praise. 

I'll be honest, I don't see it but that doesn't mean I don't think we can contend for a title. I just think I'll have to really master sliders this year. I thought I had the best roster last year, post JT trade, and only managed to go 10-6. Could be RNG, but I think a good chunk is on me for not finding the right sliders, especially on offense. I'm excited about the addition of Michael Thomas, but the OL is definitely worse. No Aaron Jones either, but giving Taylor more carries is never a bad thing.