Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

3 hours ago, swoosh said:
  1. Pittston Waste Walruses (8:00 AM) [From LAN] - Aidan Hutchinson, DE (DET) A- 
    • I'm knocking this down to an A- simply because I'm bias and prefer Kayvon. Otherwise a talented rookie at a premium position in a draft where there aren't any elite talents is a recipe for a great pick. You never know with rookies, but Hutchinson's floor seems pretty high. 
  2. New Zealand Blobfish (8:45 AM) [From LM] - Sauce Gardner, CB (NYJ) B
    • A controversial pick at 2, but I thought it was solid. I like Sauce as a prospect and I tend to think Nacho would classify him close to elite which would pencil him in as an above average vet. Rookie CB's in particular are a tough bread though so this pick does come with high risk. With that said, C-Mac who Pete gave away for this pick is a risk on his own. 
  3. Greenland Polar Bears (9:30 AM) - Kayvon Thibodeaux, OLB (NYG) A+
    • Sco Ducks. 
  4. Phoenix Rattlers (10:15 AM) [From ANC] - Marshon Lattimore, CB (NO) A
    • Talented, but inconsistent player. Still very young and plays a premium position. By the looks of it, he wasn't great for Pickle last year but it's always hard to tell with cornerbacks in this league. Normally my reasoning here wouldn't indicate an A grade, but in looking at the rest of the players available, I can't really knock the pick.
  5. Anchorage Ukpiks (11:00 AM) [From PHO] - Travon Walker, DE (JAX) B-
    • Toolsy prospect, but my main problem with him is I don't think he'll ever develop into an elite pass rusher. In this league, I think that knocks his value down. As with any rookie I'm grading though, these grades are rather meaningless as we have no idea what the player will turn into. Even the biggest perceived reaches could be great picks. Only time will tell.
  6. Greenland Polar Bears (11:45 AM) [From EGY] - Derek Stingley Jr., CB (HOU) B
    • See Sauce Gardner explanation. 
  7. Phoenix Rattlers (12:30 PM) [From CB] - Saquon Barkley, RB (NYG) A
    • A bit of a risk here given Barkley's last 2 seasons, but he's still only 25 and was effective last season for Scal. Bucs is putting together a good squad and it'll be interesting to see just how far a nicely built team who is lacking an elite QB can go. 
  8. Reykjavík Direwolves (1:15 PM) - Trent Williams, OT (SF) A+
    • I tend to value offensive lineman higher than most so naturally I'm going to love this pick, but Williams is quite arguably the best tackle. Great pick.
  9. Tacoma Thunder (2:00 PM) - Breece Hall, RB (NYJ) B-
    • Probably the most shocking pick, but as I'll call out later rookie draft grades mean jack squat. None of us know what kind of impact rookies will make in the NFL and thus what they'll be able to do here. With that being said, I can't see Hall being rated highly as a rookie and I think ultimately he's best served on the PS as a rookie. 
  10. New Zealand Blobfish (2:45 PM) - Mike Williams, WR (LAC) B-
    • Williams had a breakout year last season and I get the appeal as he's still only 27 and has the GOAT at QB. With that being said, in a league where WR costs 3 keeper tags, I'm not sure Williams separates himself enough to warrant being a keeper. Not right now, but with another 1,000+ yards and 10 TD's season he's certainly a keeper. Good NSFL production so he'll still be an asset for Pete this year either way, but the 5 drops and 3 fumbles didn't jump out at me.
  11. Hanoi Viet Kongs (3:30 PM) [From SCR] - Rashan Gary, OLB (GB) B-
    • I tend to think of this pick similar to Williams, except obviously on the defensive side of the ball. With Gary though, we've yet to see much NSFL production, totaling just 11 sacks the last two seasons. 
  12. Lancaster Fighting Amish (4:15 PM) [From TOK] - Ronnie Stanley, OT (BAL) A-
    • A very good OT who I thought was one of the biggest steals last draft. I only knock this grade down slightly because of his injury concerns.
  13. Tacoma Thunder (5:00 PM) [From PIT] - Drake London, WR (ATL) B
    • I'm actually surprised London was also the first rookie WR taken here as well, but I don't think it's a bad thing. All the rookie WR's have their own strengths and are in their own unique situation. If London turns out to be the next Mike Evans, this is a great pick. He'll get plenty of targets in Atlanta. 
  14. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas (5:45 PM) [From BUR] - Evan Neal, OT (NYG) B-
    • In a league where elite rookies are ranked as above average players, I don't like the value in taking a rookie OT when you have elite tackles hit the draft nearly every year, sometimes making it out of the first round. Even if Neal hits, he's likely a borderline keeper given the depth of the position. 
  15. Indianapolis Predators (6:30 PM) - Casey Hayward, CB (ATL) A-
    • Sim monster who makes my preseason favorite even better this year. I only knock this pick slightly because he isn't the same player as he used to in real life, but if last year's NSFL season (67 coverages and 5 interceptions) is any indication, clearly that doesn't matter. And he's a Falcon to boot. Love it.
  16. Tacoma Thunder (7:15 PM) [From RJ] - Jameson Williams, WR (DET) B
    • I like this pick even more knowing Karnage took London at 1.13. Double dipping at a premium position in this league is a smart move, even if some call both picks slight reaches. I think they'll likely be average NSFL players as rookies though (non elite WR prospects), so I'm not sure what type of impact either one of them will be able to make early on.
  17. Greenland Polar Bears (8:00 PM) [From LR] - Jordan Davis, DT (PHI) B
    • Quite possibly the most interesting draft prospect this year in the NFL and I think Davis in this league is no different. We (I) really don't know the impact elite run stoppers make. True NT's like Vea tend to not get kept each year but do get picked high in the draft.
  18. Freiburg Venom (8:45 PM) - Lane Johnson, OT (PHI) A
    • I'm not too surprised Johnson went after Stanley, but Johnson certainly had the better year for tk3 last season. 8 less pancakes, but 5 less sacks allowed, and 11 less tackles for loss allowed. Great pick at the end of the first round. 
  19. Greenland Polar Bears (9:30 PM) [From RIC] - Kolton Miller, OT (LV) B-
    • A just don't put Miller in the same tier as the tackles taken ahead of him. He had a good NSFL season last year, but the year prior was dreadful (4 sacks and 7 stuffs in just 5 games). Still a real solid player and you can do worse here.
  20. Tacoma Thunder (10:15 PM) [From HAN] - Ickey Ekwonu, OT (CAR) B-
    • See Evan Neal explanation. 

Anyone who took a vet really gets an F (not that kind of F) for me as I've ranted before that you could have had that player for pocket change pre-draft given the all time low market on keeper tags. 

I also refused to give anyone below a B- because this is all fun and games and who cares what I think anyway? Rookie draft grades in particular are completely meaningless. 

Love these

To explain my pick: keeping a 1 tag could be above average to great OT going into S26 was the goal. Not really going to be playoff worthy with Tua at QB, though I think the team is looking rather solid. Goal is to manage the team looking toward getting a QB in S26 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Love these

To explain my pick: keeping a 1 tag could be above average to great OT going into S26 was the goal. Not really going to be playoff worthy with Tua at QB, though I think the team is looking rather solid. Goal is to manage the team looking toward getting a QB in S26 

I certainly understand that logic and it's worth mentioning that my draft grades were relatively generalized on overall value rather than looking at where each team stood in terms of competitiveness this year and grading picks that way. It wouldn't make sense for you to take a player like Casey Hayward, for the sake of naming a player the polar opposite of Neal, when your window isn't this year.

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Without looking, anyone wanna guess where Marshon Lattimore ranked among CB's in the sim last season?