Revis vs Woodson- career and peak

Kiwibrown

Better peak  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Better peak of their career

2. 2. Better career

It’s Woodson as far as a pure corner. I will always die on a hill that Revis was never as good as people thought he was.

he was allowed to mug and drag WRs. It was insane. Champ Bailey >> Revis. Fight me! If you saw his prime “Revis island” years you’ll see him legit mugging WRs. No ish he was a lock Down corner.

he was allowed to play a diff set of rules from others Corners. He would struggle so much if he were to play in todays NFL. While Woodson would make a smooth transition. It infuriates me that people claim

him to be a top 3 CB all time. F that.. If y’all would have seen the murder he got away with!!!!!! I saw him bear hug TO and Chad Johnson for 4 qtrs. Dude fell of a cliff once he went to the Bucs. Elite CBS simply don’t vanish into thin air unless your scheme is as(Nnamdi Asomugha). 

I think single season peaks, they’re about comparable. Revis was a little bit more single use (granted, it’s debatably the most coveted skill set to have for a defender) in locking someone up in man. Charles was probably a hair below in man but waaay more versatile. 

2-3 year peaks, I think Revis has this by a small margin.

Career? This isn’t close…

Woodson was never really a lockdown CB. He was a very good CB with a long career. A couple years he got a bunch of INTs. But Revis was so good teams just didn't bother throwing in his direction. Revis won an all pro with 0 INTs and 26 solo tackles. That was never the case with Woodson, his most decorated seasons came because teams didn't mind challenging him, and he got some picks.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Woodson was never really a lockdown CB. He was a very good CB with a long career. A couple years he got a bunch of INTs. But Revis was so good teams just didn't bother throwing in his direction. Revis won an all pro with 0 INTs and 26 solo tackles. That was never the case with Woodson, his most decorated seasons came because teams didn't mind challenging him, and he got some picks.  

Yeah Woodson was never a lockdown guy. Like they are several guys in the league right now who have better coverage skills than he ever did 

22 hours ago, El Ramster said:

It’s Woodson as far as a pure corner. I will always die on a hill that Revis was never as good as people thought he was.

he was allowed to mug and drag WRs. It was insane. Champ Bailey >> Revis. Fight me! If you saw his prime “Revis island” years you’ll see him legit mugging WRs. No ish he was a lock Down corner.

he was allowed to play a diff set of rules from others Corners. He would struggle so much if he were to play in todays NFL. While Woodson would make a smooth transition. It infuriates me that people claim

him to be a top 3 CB all time. F that.. If y’all would have seen the murder he got away with!!!!!! I saw him bear hug TO and Chad Johnson for 4 qtrs. Dude fell of a cliff once he went to the Bucs. Elite CBS simply don’t vanish into thin air unless your scheme is as(Nnamdi Asomugha). 

Woodson played all over the place, his 'greatest' was derived from his ability as a playmaker. Revis was arguably the most pure corner of all time and played assignment football to an extreme we'll likely never see again. Arguing he was allowed to play differently is unquestionably the biggest scapegoat. 

His peak was short lived, but it's arguably the greatest in NFL history (CBs):

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Literally all of this is wrong up until the won an All-Pro award.

53 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

It's Charles Woodson for both. People claiming Woodson was never lockdown clearly have no idea what they're talking about. People claiming Revis wasn't thrown at have no idea what they're talking about. 

Where is the evidence of Woodson ever being a lockdown corner. Revis was thrown at a ton in 2009, had the greatest season the position has ever seen and then teams stopped throwing at him as much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Where is the evidence of Woodson ever being a lockdown corner. Revis was thrown at a ton in 2009, had the greatest season the position has ever seen and then teams stopped throwing at him as much.

Revis literally had additional seasons of 90+ targets. Woodson literally had multiple seasons of less than 70 targets and less than 400 yards allowed. He had multiple seasons in which he was top 10 in YPA, YPT, and Touchdowns allowed.

2 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Revis literally had additional seasons of 90+ targets. Woodson literally had multiple seasons of less than 70 targets and less than 400 yards allowed. He had multiple seasons in which he was top 10 in YPA, YPT, and Touchdowns allowed.

When Was charles traveling and locking down number one receivers like Revis was season after season?

all assignments are not created equally