Who will be the surprise QB of 2022?

brownie man

On 6/14/2022 at 8:35 PM, BayRaider said:

Rodgers had two of the best QB seasons of ALL time under Hackett, and a tremendous offense. You’re overrating the play-calling perspective. He will be installing the same scheme in Denver. He is also very good with QB’s. Two Rodger MVP years and took Blake Bortles to an AFC Championship. He made Bortles look like a Top 20ish QB, when he’s not even a Top 100 QB. 

On 6/14/2022 at 8:52 PM, NYRaider said:

I'd give Matt LaFleur the guy calling the plays and Rodgers credit for ARods success more than I'd say it was because of Hackett. Do you think that McDaniel deserves credit for the 49ers offensive success or whoever the Rams OC is should be viewed as a future high level head coach?

Some people said the same thing about LaFleur in LA when he was Jared Goff's QB coach and gave McVay all the credit. Yes, Rodgers is an established veteran with an amazing resumé. He was even better with Hackett. 

Also, Bortles literally threw 35 TDs in year 1 under Hackett and was pretty solid in year 2 while his team was successful. 

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Some people said the same thing about LaFleur in LA when he was Jared Goff's QB coach and gave McVay all the credit. Yes, Rodgers is an established veteran with an amazing resumé. He was even better with Hackett. 

Also, Bortles literally threw 35 TDs in year 1 under Hackett and was pretty solid in year 2 while his team was successful. 

Hackett wasn't the offensive coordinator when Bortles threw for 4,400 yards/35 TD, he was the QB coach. When he took over as the play caller Bortles passing yards and TD went down in consecutive seasons, lol. 

Goff had more yards, TD's, and a better completion % the year after LaFleur left...

Edited by NYRaider

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The only concern that I'd have is that we've seen young QB's struggle to recover after taking lumps early in their careers. If Fields has another meh season where he gets hit a ton with limited talent around him you might have to bring in another QB.

Yep. Which is why I hope we run through Montgomery and Herbert. 

On 6/14/2022 at 9:22 PM, BayRaider said:

How is he suppose to prove anything the past two years with no legit starting QB and injured last year? That’s what you are easily not getting here… how bad the Broncos QB’s and Offensive Coaches have been the past few years. BAD. Lock and Bridgewater should under no circumstances be starting NFL games. 

Sutton was a fantastic prospect with a breakout sophomore campaign. Jeudy was a fantastic prospect and actually gets open second most than anyone in the entire NFL according to PFF (forget who was first). 

Don’t be surprised if Sutton, Jeudy, AND Noah Fant on the Seahawks all have breakout years this year with a competent QB throwing them the ball (I expect Baker to be the Seahawk QB who is miles better than Lock/BridgeSewerWater).

Hamler probably won’t break out because he is buried on the depth chart as WR4, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets around 550 yards and 4 TD’s. 

As for the Broncos TE, I think Albert O is total trash (sorry Bronco fans, I’ve praised you to this point) and will lose his starting job to Greg Dulcich. Look out for Dulcich to also have the best Rookie TE year with Wilson at the helm. 

Teddy Bridgewater is pretty much the same tier of QB that Jimmy Garrapollo is. Both are decent, but will always leave you wanting more.