Who will be the surprise QB of 2022?

brownie man

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hurts going into year 2 in the same scheme with Sirrani who now has a year of play calling under his belt with Smith/Goedert/Brown is going to be nasty.

Fun Fact: Shane Steichen was our play caller for the 2nd half of the season last year and will be our play caller this year as well.

Also, you didn't include Jalen in your top 7 QBs that could surprise this year. You're dead to me.

lol jk

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

@TheRealMcCoy Jalen Hurts has the 8th best odds for MVP in Vegas right now.

lol........ that's wild!

It must've went up, cause I saw him around 14th or something like that last time I saw the odds. I think when his odds were a lot lower like maybe a month and a half ago it would've been a solid dice roll as a dark horse.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

On 6/12/2022 at 12:11 PM, Dr A W Niloc said:

Agreed.  Metcalf and Lockett are head and shoulders better than Sutton and Jeudy (although having a better QB should narrow this gap[e]), just as Patrick and Hamler eclipse Swain and Eskbridge.  Quality vs quantity.

But obviously an edge at WR1 and WR2 is exponentially more important than an edge at WR3 and possibly at WR4, right?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Soggust said:

But obviously an edge at WR1 and WR2 is exponentially more important than an edge at WR3 and possibly at WR4, right?

Yes.  However, Lockett and Metcalf could be lesser assets with Lock at the helm.  As "the only game in town" those two wideouts mayl still beat out Sutton and Jeudy but Wilson and Lock could be the alpha and omega in terms of success in 2022.

Also, if the reason that Russell Wilson held onto the ball too long in Seattle was that he vapor-locked on his only two targets (Lockett and Metcalf) Denver could be a tonic. 

More generally, the top 5 passing offenses can't all match Seattle's top two WRs but their tertiary receivers are all significantly better than Swain and Eskbridge.  Quantity does matter.

8 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Yes.  However, Lockett and Metcalf could be lesser assets with Lock at the helm.  As "the only game in town" those two wideouts mayl still beat out Sutton and Jeudy but Wilson and Lock could be the alpha and omega in terms of success in 2022.

Also, if the reason that Russell Wilson held onto the ball too long in Seattle was that he vapor-locked on his only two targets (Lockett and Metcalf) Denver could be a tonic. 

More generally, the top 5 passing offenses can't all match Seattle's top two WRs but their tertiary receivers are all significantly better than Swain and Eskbridge.  Quantity does matter.

What has KJ Hamler proven in the NFL?

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

What has KJ Hamler proven in the NFL?

How is he suppose to prove anything the past two years with no legit starting QB and injured last year? That’s what you are easily not getting here… how bad the Broncos QB’s and Offensive Coaches have been the past few years. BAD. Lock and Bridgewater should under no circumstances be starting NFL games. 

Sutton was a fantastic prospect with a breakout sophomore campaign. Jeudy was a fantastic prospect and actually gets open second most than anyone in the entire NFL according to PFF (forget who was first). 

Don’t be surprised if Sutton, Jeudy, AND Noah Fant on the Seahawks all have breakout years this year with a competent QB throwing them the ball (I expect Baker to be the Seahawk QB who is miles better than Lock/BridgeSewerWater).

Hamler probably won’t break out because he is buried on the depth chart as WR4, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets around 550 yards and 4 TD’s. 

As for the Broncos TE, I think Albert O is total trash (sorry Bronco fans, I’ve praised you to this point) and will lose his starting job to Greg Dulcich. Look out for Dulcich to also have the best Rookie TE year with Wilson at the helm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Fields over Lance? lol

The media hates Lance and Wilson, where have you been? They slurp Lawrence, Fields, and Mac on the regular though. 

Watch Lance, Wilson, and Mills put up good seasons and shut the media up. Pretty confident Lance balls out this year. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

How is he suppose to prove anything the past two years with no legit starting QB and injured last year? That’s what you are easily not getting here… how bad the Broncos QB’s and Offensive Coaches have been the past few years. BAD. Lock and Bridgewater should under no circumstances be starting NFL games. 

Sutton was a fantastic prospect with a breakout sophomore campaign. Jeudy was a fantastic prospect and actually gets open second most than anyone in the entire NFL according to PFF (forget who was first). 

Don’t be surprised if Sutton, Jeudy, AND Noah Fant on the Seahawks all have breakout years this year with a competent QB throwing them the ball (I expect Baker to be the Seahawk QB who is miles better than Lock/BridgeSewerWater).

Hamler probably won’t break out because he is buried on the depth chart as WR4, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets around 550 yards and 4 TD’s. 

As for the Broncos TE, I think Albert O is total trash (sorry Bronco fans, I’ve praised you to this point) and will lose his starting job to Greg Dulcich. Look out for Dulcich to also have the best Rookie TE year with Wilson at the helm. 

There are a number of receivers that have played well with mediocre QB play though. And how are you so confident that Hackett is a massive upgrade or some great offensive mind? He didn't call plays for the Packers and in his other stops his offenses have been among the worst in the league.

Baker Mayfield is likely headed to the Panthers. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The media hates Lance and Wilson, where have you been? They slurp Lawrence, Fields, and Mac on the regular though. 

Watch Lance, Wilson, and Mills put up good seasons and shut the media up. Pretty confident Lance balls out this year. 

Regardless of how you feel about Lance, Fields is in a terrible situation. New coach/system, limited weapons around him, horrific offensive line...

Mills isn't really on the media's radar for better or worse. I haven't really seen anyone pumping up Trevor or hating on Wilson/Lance.

Edited by NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There are a number of receivers that have played well with mediocre QB play though. And how are you so confident that Hackett is a massive upgrade or some great offensive mind? He didn't call plays for the Packers and in his other stops his offenses have been among the worst in the league.

Baker Mayfield is likely headed to the Panthers. 

Jimmy to the Panthers, Baker to the Seahawks. Been saying this since pre draft. Jimmy’s skillset doesn’t fit Seattle… he can’t throw deep to save his life. And Seattle’s scheme is run heavy and throw deep, Carrol’s motto for a decade. 

Jimmy will go Carolina by default, as they are the only team except Seattle to be desperate for a QB. 

Also Robbie Anderson and Steve Smith have already said they would be unhappy if Baker went there. Not that Steve Smith’s opinion matters much, but the bridge is already getting burned. 

Edited by BayRaider