Week 11: Rams (7-2) at VIKINGS (7-2)

swede700

4 hours ago, Flounch said:

I love how everyone want to depreciate Rams victory this season. It's always we win against weak team, your performance is fraud. 

But i will tell you one thing, not only we won against weak team but we also DESTROY them ! And that fellow, not every team is doing that.

Last week, I saw the Steelers a "8-2" team that had a hard time beating the Colts...20-17 and yet they are considered like a workhorse in the AFC :D

When i saw the Vikings victory and the scoreboard, you won against weak team too, but there's no blowout. It's tight win against weak team like the Bears, Packers without Rodgers, RAvens without offense and Browns.

So there's no need to disminushed Rams performance as we destroy bad team while you team hardly beat the weak one.   

Nobody is calling Goff a fraud. But I am calling him a sophomore QB with 10/16 TD's this season coming against quite possibly some of the worst opposing defenses in the league. It's not bias, it's facts. The verdict is still out on him, that's not discrediting what he or the team has accomplished. But everything should be taken with a grain of salt this early on. 

4 hours ago, Flounch said:

I love how everyone want to depreciate Rams victory this season. It's always we win against weak team, your performance is fraud. 

But i will tell you one thing, not only we won against weak team but we also DESTROY them ! And that fellow, not every team is doing that.

Last week, I saw the Steelers a "8-2" team that had a hard time beating the Colts...20-17 and yet they are considered like a workhorse in the AFC :D

When i saw the Vikings victory and the scoreboard, you won against weak team too, but there's no blowout. It's tight win against weak team like the Bears, Packers without Rodgers, RAvens without offense and Browns.

So there's no need to disminushed Rams performance as we destroy bad team while you team hardly beat the weak one.   

I didn't realize that Los Angeles is down to its third string QB and backup RB like Minnesota is....

Let me know when they are, and we'll see if they're still blowing out everyone.

15 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

Nobody is calling Goff a fraud. But I am calling him a sophomore QB with 10/16 TD's this season coming against quite possibly some of the worst opposing defenses in the league. It's not bias, it's facts. The verdict is still out on him, that's not discrediting what he or the team has accomplished. But everything should be taken with a grain of salt this early on. 

Putting up big numbers against bad defenses seems like exactly the sort of thing a QB is supposed to do.

Again, it's not a knock on Goff. But rather just a calm your horses, he's not dicing up every defense he plays. Will he get to a point where he does? That's for time to decide. But currently, he struggles against top defenses. Something I would expect a young and maturing QB to do early on in his career. 

I can't tell you how many year one coaches/offenses I've seen destroy the league and vanish soon after. And it's usually a coach running tons of college based plays. So forgive me when I am not sold half way through the season on a new coach/QB duo. 

9 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

Again, it's not a knock on Goff. But rather just a calm your horses, he's not dicing up every defense he plays. Will he get to a point where he does? That's for time to decide. But currently, he struggles against top defenses. Something I would expect a young and maturing QB to do early on in his career. 

I can't tell you how many year one coaches/offenses I've seen destroy the league and vanish soon after. And it's usually a coach running tons of college based plays. So forgive me when I am not sold half way through the season on a new coach/QB duo. 

Our coach is running the same offense he ran with the Redskins over the past few years. We didn't hire Chip Kelly from college. We hired a guy who has done nothing but coach in pro football under the Grudens and the Shanahans. The offense he's running isn't anything new. He's not doing anything different than Andy Reid (except his WCO is more aggressive vertically).

6 minutes ago, rrgm said:

I feel half the pages are just jrry trying to prove some point he thinks he has

Nah. #1 scoring offense, #3 scoring defense, and the QB rated in the top 10 in nearly every statistic says more than I ever could. B|

Interesting this game doesn't seem to be getting much respect nationally. Watching one show that previews the week's matchups and two NFC-NFC matchups have already been discussed ahead of our game, plus FOX sent its top crew to a third NFC-NFC game ahead of us.

Are people expecting a blowout? Or are the Vikings just that boring?

Wait, Bears-Lions got brought up ahead of us? OK, this show is just stupid now! *click*

13 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Interesting this game doesn't seem to be getting much respect nationally. Watching one show that previews the week's matchups and two NFC-NFC matchups have already been discussed ahead of our game, plus FOX sent its top crew to a third NFC-NFC game ahead of us.

Wait, Bears-Lions got brought up ahead of us? OK, this show is just stupid now! *click*

We're not going to get the recognition we deserve in a week where the Cowboys and Eagles play. Popularity beats quality football.

9 hours ago, Frank Costello said:

Yes he puts a lot of TD against bad team but what about the other team ? I'm not saying Goff is a superstar yet, he has a lot to prove specially with the end of the season but when you saw performance of the other QB against these same bad team, the result is not the same. 

That said tonight we will have an answer on how our team is real or not :D

8 hours ago, Klomp said:

haha

Go back and read the narrative you guys have been putting out in this thread then you wonder why the national pundits aren't giving this game much credibility :) Again I get replies about we're not talking down about the Rams then 2 posts after the last one is telling us our QB isn't really that good he only beats bad teams. Which if it was any veteran QB who's been to a pro bowl and been in the top 10 for a number of years you'd all think his career was over if he didn't do exactly that. I think it's going to be a close hard fought game but just prepare to be lumped in with everybody else next week by Saints fans if we pull out a win. Because the narrative all year on the Rams is we haven't beaten a good team yet and it's likely to keep going all year, if we keep winning.

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

Yes he puts a lot of TD against bad team but what about the other team ? I'm not saying Goff is a superstar yet, he has a lot to prove specially with the end of the season but when you saw performance of the other QB against these same bad team, the result is not the same. 

That said tonight we will have an answer on how our team is real or not :D

Honestly, if the score ends up close. Vikings win or Rams win, I’ll believe both teams are real. 

Archived