Week 11: Rams (7-2) at VIKINGS (7-2)

swede700

55 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Closer than we think? You might want to let all the Vikings fans who are saying this will be a blowout in their favor know that. Many Rams fans think this is a toss-up.

We haven't seen a defense like yours? We've seen a better defense than yours on the road in Jacksonville. But I welcome you to stay home. If you do that, you'll get gashed by the run. 

Most Vikes fans that I talk to think this will be a close battle. I’ve been to 3 different Rams forums/fan sites to learn more about the team and the overwhelming consensus on all platforms is a Rams blowout.

You haven’t see a defense like ours. We have been a top 5 defense for the past 3 seasons. Established system with a high quality coach. Jacksonville does not have our personel or the same experience as ours. They don’t have a Xavier Rhodes, Harrison Smith, Everson Griffen. Clear #1 players in the league at their position.

We have at least 3 all pros and at least 5 pro bowlers on the d. I can’t wait for Sunday, it’s going to be a close battle. Meanwhile Rams fans think blowout. 

12 minutes ago, HEYPAUL! said:

Most Vikes fans that I talk to think this will be a close battle. I’ve been to 3 different Rams forums/fan sites to learn more about the team and the overwhelming consensus on all platforms is a Rams blowout.

You haven’t see a defense like ours. We have been a top 5 defense for the past 3 seasons. Established system with a high quality coach. Jacksonville does not have our personel or the same experience as ours. They don’t have a Xavier Rhodes, Harrison Smith, Everson Griffen. Clear #1 players in the league at their position.

We have at least 3 all pros and at least 5 pro bowlers on the d. I can’t wait for Sunday, it’s going to be a close battle. Meanwhile Rams fans think blowout. 

We haven't given up more than 19 points at home. There isn't going to be a blowout.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

We haven't given up more than 19 points at home. There isn't going to be a blowout.

We also haven't played any great teams at home, minus the Saints who were not on their game. This Rams team will be the best team we've faced since Pittsburgh.

But it still won't be a blowout.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Every NFL offense uses motion. It helps the QB with his pre-snap reads. Our personnel packages and sets aren't out of the ordinary for today's NFL. There's nothing gimmicky about our offense. It's creative and well-schemed.

What you're doing is akin to me calling Zimmer's defensive scheme gimmicky because it attempts to create confuse the offense, uses a lot of pre-snap movement, and tries to trick the offense. Yet, we both know you wouldn't agree that Zimmer runs a gimmicky defense.

There's a huge difference between a gimmick and scheming well. 

Ah yes, Zimmer, who had a top 10 defense for 4/5 years in Cinncy, and again here in Minnesota, is definitely a gimmicky coach. ;) 
I know you guys are riding high off of your impressive turnaround. But the writing still isn't on the wall, or etched in stone when it comes to McVay.

I would say my point being, when you guys faced top defenses this year, the points kinda dried up. A top 10 defense, generally speaking, won't get out smarted a lot by a 31 year old rookie head coach, and a 23 year old QB. Can it happen? Of course, but common sense would tell me that there is still  A LOT to prove for both moving forward. 

What he's doing year 3 and 4 will be more impressive to me in the long run. But i have incredible respect for what he's done in the short term. 

3 hours ago, HEYPAUL! said:

They have Jalen Ramsey, A.J. Bouye, Calais Campbell, Telvin Smith, and Malik Jackson. Oh yea, did I mention the #1 scoring defense and #2 total defense in the NFL? They're giving up 3.4 less points per game than you are. We've seen a defense better than yours.

1 hour ago, Frank Costello said:

Ah yes, Zimmer, who had a top 10 defense for 4/5 years in Cinncy, and again here in Minnesota, is definitely a gimmicky coach. ;) 
I know you guys are riding high off of your impressive turnaround. But the writing still isn't on the wall, or etched in stone when it comes to McVay.

I would say my point being, when you guys faced top defenses this year, the points kinda dried up. A top 10 defense, generally speaking, won't get out smarted a lot by a 31 year old rookie head coach, and a 23 year old QB. Can it happen? Of course, but common sense would tell me that there is still  A LOT to prove for both moving forward. 

What he's doing year 3 and 4 will be more impressive to me in the long run. But i have incredible respect for what he's done in the short term. 

If you think I was calling Zimmer's defense gimmicky, you completely missed the point and should reread my post.

P.S. We played the #1 defense in the NFL and scored 27 points. Meanwhile, that young coach coordinated the Redskins team that put up 26 points and 388 total yards on the Vikings just last year. I think he's owed a bit more respect than you're offering right now. ;)

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

We also haven't played any great teams at home, minus the Saints who were not on their game. This Rams team will be the best team we've faced since Pittsburgh.

But it still won't be a blowout.

Were the Saints not on their game, or was our defense just that damn good?

18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

This is basically the Shanahan/Kubiak version of the WCO, with the trademark zone runs.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

They have Jalen Ramsey, A.J. Bouye, Calais Campbell, Telvin Smith, and Malik Jackson. Oh yea, did I mention the #1 scoring defense and #2 total defense in the NFL? They're giving up 3.4 less points per game than you are. We've seen a defense better than yours.

If you think I was calling Zimmer's defense gimmicky, you completely missed the point and should reread my post.

P.S. We played the #1 defense in the NFL and scored 27 points. Meanwhile, that young coach coordinated the Redskins team that put up 26 points and 388 total yards on the Vikings just last year. I think he's owed a bit more respect than you're offering right now. ;)

If you are going to use that game, at least be honest about it. The Rams scored 14 points off of special teams plays. Meaning they put up 13 points on offense, and scored on 3 of 13 drives, gaining 249 total yards.

Archived