Week 11: Rams (7-2) at VIKINGS (7-2)

swede700

17 hours ago, disaacs said:

It is certainly probably the division rival factor, but having a game on FOX at the same time has never seemed to bother them before.  It's just kind of aggravating...I can certainly listen to it on Game Pass, but was hoping to be able to watch more Vikings games on regular TV here than I have (thus far, it's only been the Packers game).  

Probably depends too on which station has the doubleheader. CBS has it this week, so they're going to pick the Fox single game opposite of the Chiefs game. If the Chiefs played at 3, you'd probably have the Vikings game. Same thing with GB showing that game....you think anyone in Green Bay cares about the Bills-Chargers game?

Just my interpretation of things, I could be wrong....

On 11/13/2017 at 12:32 PM, disaacs said:

2 of the 3 best defenses the Rams have faced this year have held them to 20 pts or less (Washington, Seattle), so it's not out of the question.  And even the 3rd, Jacksonville, held Goff to 124 yds passing.

I’d like to point out that against Washington, McVay said he was too conservative in that game which put the offense in bad situations throughout the game. Yes Seattle held the Rams to 10pts but the Rams move the ball up and down the field all day they just shot themselves in the foot a lot in the redzone. Gurley fumbled (which I thought was a bad call) into the endzone so that’s 7pts missed. Zeurlein missed his only FG of the season in that game so that’s 3pts missed. Kupp dropped the GW td so that’s 7pts missed. So again the Rams scored 10pts against Seattle but 17pts the Rams should’ve had that would’ve had the Rams scoring 27pts and more than likely coming away with a victory. Lastly it was planned for the Rams to run a lot against the Jags. Goff only threw the ball 22 times. That was his fewest pass attempts all season long. The key stat for Goff in that game was ZERO turnovers. Why? Because the Jags feast off takeaways and coming off a game where the intercepted Big Ben 5 times, it was more impressive Goff didn’t turn the ball over. So I’ll take the 124yds passing for no turnovers and coming away with a win.

As for this Vikings game, it’s gonna come down to the trenches. Both teams have playmakers at the skill positions on offense and defense. Rams Oline vs Vikings DLine. Rams DLine vs Vikings Oline. To me whoever wins those battles should win the game.

10 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Yeah, using stats from entirely different schemes and rosters is pointless. Otherwise Colt Brennan would be the Quarterback of the Falcons and not Matt Ryan. 

Well, this is a little bit farther out of the realm. 

While Norvs offense was different, he adjust his offense quite a bit, while there where deeper drops he added in a lot of shorter routes to help out the offensive line when needed. 

Im not saying much is made of the schemes between Bridgewater and Keenum, Bridgewater does take a lot more chances. Big part is our offensive line also.

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Only issue with that is that we aren’t shutting down their leader in targets.

Bingo.

I think Zimmer is smart enough to realize that Woods has been the better WR. Just like how we made the switch this year to shadowing Davante Adams instead of Jordy Nelson, I believe Xavier Rhodes will shadow Robert Woods instead of Sammy Watkins.

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don't think we need Rhodes to shadow anyone. I think we might be better off mixing up coverage, keep Goff guessing. Woods doesn't scare me anymore than Watkins does, seems like a pretty even matchup. 

I agree.  Neither WR, in the grand scheme of things, really scare me.  There's a reason that Buffalo was willing to get rid of both.  

2 minutes ago, disaacs said:

There's a reason that Buffalo was willing to get rid of both.  

I don't agree with this line of thinking. A bad scheme can make actual players look much worse than they are and poor management can make poor decisions.

Should defenses have gone into 2007 saying "there's a reason Oakland let Randy Moss go, we don't need to shadow him"?

6 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I don't agree with this line of thinking. A bad scheme can make actual players look much worse than they are and poor management can make poor decisions.

Should defenses have gone into 2007 saying "there's a reason Oakland let Randy Moss go, we don't need to shadow him"?

I may have generalized a bit, but it's a little overboard to lump Woods and Watkins in with Moss.  ;)

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

So again the Rams scored 10pts against Seattle but 17pts the Rams should’ve had that would’ve had the Rams scoring 27pts and more than likely coming away with a victory.

gee, if we had scored more points in our losses we would have won too. sort of a foolish point to make.

Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen isn’t about to miss another game. Griffen sat out last Sunday’s 38-30 win at Washington with a foot injury. He is planning to play Sunday against the Los Angeles Rams at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Griffen: “My foot is great, I’ll be playing on Sunday, for sure. We’re still going to take it slow here, get my body back to where it needs to be.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/15/vikings-everson-griffen-vows-to-return-andrew-sendejo-misses-practice/

For the first time in three years, John Sullivan is a regular NFL starting center. After starting all 16 games with the Vikings in 2014, Sullivan missed the 2015 season because of a back injury and was released in August 2016. He played in 13 games last season for Washington, but started just one. Now with the Rams, Sullivan has started all nine games this season. Rams coach Sean McVay made him a priority to sign after working with Sullivan as Washington’s offensive coordinator.

McVay: “Probably one of the smartest players I’ve been around, if not the smartest, in terms of just his overall understanding. You feel like you’re communicating with a coach when you talk to him.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/15/vikings-everson-griffen-vows-to-return-andrew-sendejo-misses-practice/

Archived