Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

22 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm holding off on buying his jersey. The last one I bought before they took a snap was Darnold's jersey. 

If that's the case, go get a Kaiir Elam jersey.  I would have said a Cole Stange jersey but what's the point with that one.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Would be so clutch if he stepped up and turned into a solid starter. I'm really praying we have a franchise changing draft class on our hands.

Eyes are going to be glued on RT spot on Friday.  Would be amazing if Mitchell balls out.  Still hoping for veteran insurance just in case.  Better this happen now then last week of the preseason so we have time to sort it out.

38 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Eyes are going to be glued on RT spot on Friday.  Would be amazing if Mitchell balls out.  Still hoping for veteran insurance just in case.  Better this happen now then last week of the preseason so we have time to sort it out.

I liked a lot of what I saw in Mitchell all throughout the pre-draft process and what little we've seen of him as a Jet. Hitting on 4th rounders is something we used to do quite well as a franchise, here's to hoping Mitchell can get us back to that.

I like Mitchell a lot but besides the big jump from a small school to a starting NFL OT… a big reason he was even available where we drafted him was his strength. He didn’t have that NGL strength and technique. Luckily those things can be taught and gained. But it takes time. I’m hopeful he can be a starting OT for us. Just not as a rookie. I think physically he’s not there yet.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I like Mitchell a lot but besides the big jump from a small school to a starting NFL OT… a big reason he was even available where we drafted him was his strength. He didn’t have that NGL strength and technique. Luckily those things can be taught and gained. But it takes time. I’m hopeful he can be a starting OT for us. Just not as a rookie. I think physically he’s not there yet.

Agreed. As much confidence as Saleh says he has he rarely shows it in actual games with guys. Mitchell being ready would be shocking but we haven’t heard his name much in camp to know how he’s doing.

I really hope Sauce, Wilson and Hall get a good amount of playing time and not the 1st quarter treatment. I expect Johnson to play most of the game. Excited to see him and we’ll see if Hamsah and Sherwood look any improved. I love our TE depth but I don’t want to lose Yeboah. Hope he has a nice game. 

29 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I really hope Sauce, Wilson and Hall get a good amount of playing time and not the 1st quarter treatment. I expect Johnson to play most of the game. Excited to see him and we’ll see if Hamsah and Sherwood look any improved. I love our TE depth but I don’t want to lose Yeboah. Hope he has a nice game. 

Offense will play 1-2 series. If the first series is long enough then that’s it. Saleh isn’t gonna risk injury much further than necessary.