Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If it wasn't already a done deal.... it's a lock Sauce is starting over Hall. No surprise there. Joyner was shaky as well. Not sure why that's not getting highlighted enough. He by no means should be a lock as a starter and he struggled. I really hope at some point Pinnock can steal that S role from him. Garrett Wilson's hands are pretty impressive. If he can just get enough snaps with our other good WRs out there... he will be great in less than 2 years IMO. 

Hall certainly went from in competition to start all the way down to cut candidate. Not unlike Blassaun Austin last year(or was it two years ago?)

3 hours ago, drew39k said:

Hall certainly went from in competition to start all the way down to cut candidate. Not unlike Blassaun Austin last year(or was it two years ago?)

Well this is just a huge exaggeration. Hall will make the team and be the next man up for the outside CB spot. If anyone thinks Echols or Dunn have passed him. You're overreacting the a bad preseason game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If it wasn't already a done deal.... it's a lock Sauce is starting over Hall. No surprise there. Joyner was shaky as well. Not sure why that's not getting highlighted enough. He by no means should be a lock as a starter and he struggled. I really hope at some point Pinnock can steal that S role from him. Garrett Wilson's hands are pretty impressive. If he can just get enough snaps with our other good WRs out there... he will be great in less than 2 years IMO. 

Agree on Joyner. It goes back to my point about how certain players struggles will get highlighted while others get ignored. Joyner is gonna start because Saleh likes him but I don’t think he’s earned by any means.

On the touchdown Hall gave up we were in C1 Robber and he was watching Mariota‘s eyes and not even moving his feet to position himself to make a play on the ball. Gave Hall no help at all there. But because it’s Hall and the fan base/media love Gardner it’s easier to just critique Hall. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Agree on Joyner. It goes back to my point about how certain players struggles will get highlighted while others get ignored. Joyner is gonna start because Saleh likes him but I don’t think he’s earned by any means.

On the touchdown Hall gave up we were in C1 Robber and he was watching Mariota‘s eyes and not even moving his feet to position himself to make a play on the ball. Gave Hall no help at all there. But because it’s Hall and the fan base/media love Gardner it’s easier to just critique Hall. 

Come on that was clearly Hall's assignment.  It was a great play design to have the slot WR drag across in front of Joyner who did what they wanted him to do and help on that man leaving Hall 1v1.  Easy in hindsight to say Joyner should have helped out but Hall is playing man coverage and just got beat. 

We all know the FS spot needs an upgrade but Joyner should provide competent play there at the very least.  Hall got picked on a few times, it happens.  Obviously not his best game but we've seen him play well enough last year to be a solid CB.  Not going to overreact to one bad PS game. 

9 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Come on that was clearly Hall's assignment.  It was a great play design to have the slot WR drag across in front of Joyner who did what they wanted him to do and help on that man leaving Hall 1v1.  Easy in hindsight to say Joyner should have helped out but Hall is playing man coverage and just got beat. 

We all know the FS spot needs an upgrade but Joyner should provide competent play there at the very least.  Hall got picked on a few times, it happens.  Obviously not his best game but we've seen him play well enough last year to be a solid CB.  Not going to overreact to one bad PS game. 

There’s no come on that’s Hall’s assignment. Joyner literally watching Mariota and didn’t do anything there. It’s not to excuse Hall, he got beat off the line but it’s a team sport, Joyner has to clean up that. These guys are starters/key depth pieces. Guys can talk about the culture changing every post practice press conference and the team can put out a million hype videos but little things like that have continued to plague us. Can’t excuse it because it’s preseason and the games don’t count.

I think what you guys saw was how poorly this team is coached. Everything keeps going back to coaching. A lot of the first half was coaches not putting guys in spots to be good. Saleh and company better have a hot seat under them this year. JD is a keeper for sure but he needs to get a good HC and in my eyes Saleh is below average. If the Jets end up with 4 or 5 wins again do you move on from Wilson or Saleh or both. I think if this team has another bad year one will be gone. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think what you guys saw was how poorly this team is coached. Everything keeps going back to coaching. A lot of the first half was coaches not putting guys in spots to be good. Saleh and company better have a hot seat under them this year. JD is a keeper for sure but he needs to get a good HC and in my eyes Saleh is below average. If the Jets end up with 4 or 5 wins again do you move on from Wilson or Saleh or both. I think if this team has another bad year one will be gone. 

I think it's way too soon to pass judgement on Saleh and his staff.  I think he's been adequate with what he's had to work with year 1 and MF has been a very impressive OC after a slow start.  Only one that seems to have eyes on him is Ulbrich but that also falls on Saleh I suppose because it's his defense Ulbrich is running.  

We were playing with guys off the street at safety last year and didn't have any pass rushers with Lawson, Huff, Curry all out for all or large chunks of the year.  We probably beat TB if not for (Reilly I believe it was) blowing his assignment on the Brady TD with no time left.  We can talk again at the bye week and if the same problems persist then maybe we need to get a new play caller or start to adjust the defense.  For now there shouldn't be any panic, yet.

Edited by Rockice_8

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

There’s no come on that’s Hall’s assignment. Joyner literally watching Mariota and didn’t do anything there. It’s not to excuse Hall, he got beat off the line but it’s a team sport, Joyner has to clean up that. These guys are starters/key depth pieces. Guys can talk about the culture changing every post practice press conference and the team can put out a million hype videos but little things like that have continued to plague us. Can’t excuse it because it’s preseason and the games don’t count.

I just watched it again.  Yeah Joyner was standing in no mans land.  I thought that slot WR was deeper holding him inside but there was a LB already there helping.  That was really bad by Joyner.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

It doesn't really matter what you think in the end, Saleh is not getting fired after this season. Him and Douglas are on the same page and both have similar visions on how they want to build a football team. 

There is a better chance that Ulbrich gets fired and they change up DC. 

Fans are funny, they criticized Rex Ryan for being too involved with just the defense. Then they get a HC who is a CEO type and wants to be involved with the entire team they freak out demanding that he becomes a DC again. 

Preseason is hard to tell anything because teams do not gameplan, they played a vanilla straight cover 3 defense every single play against the Falcons starters. They need to mix it up more in the real games, hopefully they do but we'll see.