Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

14 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I never said the Browns weren’t responsible. They knew the risks. But I do think that Watson played them. 

I think he played everyone - three years ago, he was an up and coming superstar and a franchise player worthy of the title. Even now, Cleveland players praise his leadership and his dedication.

Underneath it all is THIS guy.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

On what grounds should the trade be nullified?

Is that a precedent the NFL wants to set for future issues that might be similar?

Actions ( this trade) should have consequences 

On Christian principles of forgiveness and mercy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

On Christian principles of forgiveness and mercy

By this logic... Texans gonna need Nick Chubb (part of the Brock Osweiler trade that allowed Watson to be drafted by Houston) Denzel Ward (a pick from the trade up for Deshaun Watson) as well as all of those picks made by Miami after the Laremy Tunsil trade (because that was something that needs forgiveness).

Good? Good. Ward and Stingley is gonna be a nice tandem!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

By this logic... Texans gonna need Nick Chubb (part of the Brock Osweiler trade that allowed Watson to be drafted by Houston) Denzel Ward (a pick from the trade up for Deshaun Watson) as well as all of those picks made by Miami after the Laremy Tunsil trade (because that was something that needs forgiveness).

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9527dc6e8478c1f6a304

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Browns weren’t the only organization swooning this dope. Teams were lining up. Lots of franchises should be embarrassed right now…my own included

Again, the simplest explanation is that the league doesn't give a crap about assault. This isn't a grand conspiracy where anyone got played - teams were just stupid and lazy.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If this league institutes Christian forgiveness on transactions you're pretty much hitting ctrl+z over and over until David Carr.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If this league institutes Christian forgiveness on transactions you're pretty much hitting ctrl+z over and over until David Carr.

Julius Peppers? Yeah, I'm in!

• Like 1

You know why the Browns will not get off free from this...

I have a feeling that Watson contract drew ire of almost every owner in the league. No one else wants to have to start giving those out.

By that logic alone i have a feeling the rest of the league is putting pressure on goodell to not give Cleveland any out. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Again, the simplest explanation is that the league doesn't give a crap about assault. This isn't a grand conspiracy where anyone got played - teams were just stupid and lazy.

Man…this game of semantics is stupid. I have better things to do. You are all taking my comment way more seriously than I ever intended it to be. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

8 hours ago, Sauce Castillo said:

You know why the Browns will not get off free from this...

I have a feeling that Watson contract drew ire of almost every owner in the league. No one else wants to have to start giving those out.

By that logic alone i have a feeling the rest of the league is putting pressure on goodell to not give Cleveland any out. 

I think the Ravens openly criticized the contract, right? So yeah - league is very upset as-is on the contract.

This is just more ammo for the disdain. 

The detective's testimony in civil trials could be a huge problem for Watson. (as always, only if the juries buy it)

I'd like corroboration from other detectives and prosecutors.

Now is the part where I hurt the sensitive feelings with some reality on violent militarized investigative soldiers.

Police had credible evidence and belief of a crime of a motorcycle theft when they assaulted a black family of 5 driving a minivan. They hog tied 2 little girls face down on the blacktop over this. https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/colorado-cops-mistake-black-family-of-five-in-suv-for-one-stolen-motorcycle/

They are literally professional liars. Its in their job description. (listen to Serial Podcast for an idea on how police work... tap tap tap) They assume guilt 24/7.  Cops often get but often don't deserve the default high ground in court. You can believe the story if you want but always consider the source and its motivations.

Lie to citizens. Lie during investigations. Lie to suspects... then turn off the lying in court.. that's easy.

Here is one example:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-york-city-judge-dismisses-133-felony-cases-connected-disgraced-det-rcna13049 

and another

https://www.wbez.org/stories/judge-tosses-44-more-convictions-tied-to-corrupt-chicago-cop/d9ede2d7-2f63-49b5-aa65-d250ec072cc5

Here is a tracker:

https://www.themarshallproject.org/records/2528-police-corruption

Here's another showing the integrity of police inspired by Jon Oliver's latest. https://publicintegrity.org/education/criminalizing-kids/young-kids-arrested-at-schools/

The job of an American police officer is often to feed the prison system and to generate ticket revenue. There might be some protecting and serving in there too.

All they see are perps. Let the courts sort them out later.

Simple Logic: Its far more likely that this cop took a bribe from Buzbee then it is that Rusty Hardin is running the Houston prosecutors office and controlling grand juries.

There are hundreds of former prosecutors working as defense attorneys. Do they run every court in America?

If a story relies heavily on conspiracy theories then always then treat it as such.  (does not mean its not true)

Some would have you believe that Hardin and the entire Houston Justice System is 100% for sure corrupt but that police never could be. 👀