Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

yet some are screaming that teams should be lining up to trade for Baker Mayfield

My statement was more because he lost the locker room and lack of clutch gene, if he were more mature he would be a solid 12-15 QB in this league, we've all seen his potential when he is locked in. 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

7 hours ago, 43M said:

So....this would easily go down as the biggest trainwreck deal in sports history if Watson misses a season or more, right?

I take no joy in the Browns misery at this point, but this is just shaping up to be a biblical disaster.   

No no. Building a Jim Brown statue and drafting Brandon Weeden was far worse 🤣

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xenos said:

No no. Building a Jim Brown statue and drafting Brandon Weeden was far worse 🤣

Let’s see how long Watson is suspended for before we go down the “definitive” road. If what I’ve read is true (who knows at this point), the Browns have an out on the guaranteed money if new allegations surfaced. Given 2-4 new ones have, they’d be off the hook for the money. The three firsts would be sunk costs though.

Plus, from a purely football perspective, I still maintain drafting JFF off of the advice of a homeless guy is worse than trading for one of the five best quarterbacks in the league.

I wouldn’t have done it, I have my own personal opinions on Watson the morally bankrupt human being, etc. but I’ve also seen Big Ben and Ray Lewis win two rings and Tyreke Hill win one. The unfortunate reality of this league is that you still have value as long as you can play regardless of what kind of person you are.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Plus, from a purely football perspective, I still maintain drafting JFF off of the advice of a homeless guy is worse than trading for one of the five best quarterbacks in the league.

Circle of life moment, I think:

ScreenShot2014-01-27at9.57.55AM_crop_exa

These billboards were plastered all over the Houston area leading on to the 2014 draft (the Texans had the #1 pick in the draft that year). There was a significant push to draft Johnny Manziel with the #1 pick, and one former A&M alumni spent a not so small amount of money to get these billboards up through Houston.

That A&M alumni who funded this? Tony Buzbee.

(Seriously, Google “Tony Buzbee Johnny Manziel” and see what pops up). So, we have now found the crux of the issue. This is ALL about Johnny Manziel.

JFF is the mastermind.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 43M said:

So....this would easily go down as the biggest trainwreck deal in sports history if Watson misses a season or more, right?

I take no joy in the Browns misery at this point, but this is just shaping up to be a biblical disaster.   

No. 

Dan Snyder bought a team 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, August4th said:

watch cle have a horrible yr and hou uses the pick they got in the watson trade and pick  CJ Stroud, who a good amount of brown fans would love to cheer for

Houston is probably picking Stroud, or whatever QB is top 5 worthy - doesn’t matter what pick, their own or Cleveland’s. As is, Texans are probably on the clock right now - they’re not going to be very competitive anytime soon.

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Houston is probably picking Stroud, or whatever QB is top 5 worthy - doesn’t matter what pick, their own or Cleveland’s. As is, Texans are probably on the clock right now - they’re not going to be very competitive anytime soon.

I think the Falcons are the front runner for the #1 pick. They have nothing on their roster besides Pitts, Terrell, and maybe London.

45 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think the Falcons are the front runner for the #1 pick. They have nothing on their roster besides Pitts, Terrell, and maybe London.

Texans have Cooks, Tunsil and maybe Stingley… and have an incredibly difficult schedule with the AFCW and NFCE on tap.

Even if, Texans take a significant step forward with any of the top QBs - Stroud, Young or my bet for “late riser” this season, Anthony Richardson.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Texans have Cooks, Tunsil and maybe Stingley… and have an incredibly difficult schedule with the AFCW and NFCE on tap.

Even if, Texans take a significant step forward with any of the top QBs - Stroud, Young or my bet for “late riser” this season, Anthony Richardson.

Davis Mills!