4-5....Is Not the End of the World?

Ghostnote

The remaining part of the schedule, aside from a game against the Saints, looks extremely doable. Let me break it down for you:

@Saints (7-2)

Giants (1-8)

@Cowboys (5-4)

@Chargers (3-6)

Cardinals (4-5)

Broncos (3-6)

@Giants (1-8)

That schedule right now is doable. This schedule got a bit easier coming down the last stretch. Am I a fan of doing it like this, all the freakin time...NO. But seriously, its very possible we could make the playoffs. Considering all of the injuries we have have this season? If we can make a strong push for the playoffs, there is likely a chance to have a lot of the defense back to full strength and getting Jon Allen back. Frankly, that has been the biggest loss. The defensive line is garbage without him. 

Seriously, though, let me run through some of the games. 

@Saints - Regular game, in a dome. Drew Brees, Michael Thomas, Mark Ingram, Alvin Kamara. Solid O-Line and young defense. Just put up 47 on Buffalo. A win is possible so long as the defense can play to their potential.  

@Cowboys - This has to be a huge win here. On the road, without Ezekiel Elliott has to be the main focus on this roster that week. Norman and Bryant. Commercials can finally come true. 

Broncos are starting Brock Osweiler but stil have a solid defense. Should not be a problem so long as the offense does not crap the bed. 

Beat the Giants both times - Probability.

I think its very possible to go 10-6. Suggesting a loss to the Saints

Well we should be favored to beat the Giants both times, the Chargers and Cardinals games as well.  So if we hold serve there we're at 8 wins.  Then we're left with the @ the Saints, @ the Cowboys and home against the Broncos who're probably better than their record indicates.  If we pull out one of those we're at 9 wins.  Is 9 wins enough for a Wild Card this year?

More likely scenario, we lose to the Cowboys and Saints, we drop one of the Giants games cause we always do, and lose to either the Cardinals or Broncos.  Finish 7-9.  

I had said previously, the Redskins are in a four game mini season, out of which they had to come out 3-1 (with two of the wins being against the Giants and Cowboys). If they take the next three, then we can discuss January. If not, we should focus on discussing March and April.

The Skins have to win at least 5 games to make the playoffs. Possible, sure. Probable? No way.

And Allen isn't coming back this season. He wouldn't be cleared for football activities until mid-January. With no conditioning build up, he isn't going to be playing playoff football.

15 hours ago, Slateman said:

The Skins have to win at least 5 games to make the playoffs. Possible, sure. Probable? No way.

And Allen isn't coming back this season. He wouldn't be cleared for football activities until mid-January. With no conditioning build up, he isn't going to be playing playoff football.

You have no shot to make the playoffs in the NFC at 9-7 this year. even 10-6 might not do it truthfully. Next week we could very well be looking at the 6th seed being 7-3.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

You have no shot to make the playoffs in the NFC at 9-7 this year. even 10-6 might not do it truthfully. Next week we could very well be looking at the 6th seed being 7-3.

Very true. The point I want to drive home is that the Redskins need to win all of these games, which is doable. Then let fate decide. Not all of the other teams are going to win out. Seattle is the 6 seed at this moment at 6-3. 

Teams in the hunt:

Atlanta 5-4  - REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Seahawks (6-3), vs. Buccaneers (3-6), vs. Vikings (7-2), vs. Saints (7-2), at Buccaneers (3-6), at Saints (7-2), vs. Panthers (7-3)

Likely Finish: 2-5 (Losses to Vikings, Saints x2, Panthers and Seattle) 7-9

Dallas 5-4REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Eagles (8-1), vs. Chargers (3-6), vs. Redskins (4-5), at Giants (1-8), at Raiders (4-5), vs. Seahawks (6-3), at Eagles (8-1) (No Zeke Elliott)

Likely Finish: 2-5 (Losses to Eagles x2, Redskins, Raiders, and Seahawks) 7-9

Detroit 5-4REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Bears (3-6), vs. Vikings (7-2), at Ravens (4-5), at Buccaneers (3-6), vs. Bears (3-6), at Bengals (3-6), vs. Packers (5-4)

Likely Finish - 5-2 (Losses to Vikings, Bears and Ravens) 9-7

Green Bay 5-4REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Ravens (4-5), at Steelers (7-2), vs. Buccaneers (3-6), at Browns (0-9), at Panthers (7-3), vs. Vikings (7-2), at Lions (5-4) 

Likely Finish - 2-5 (Losses from Ravens, Steelers, Panthers, Vikings and Lions) 7-9

Washington 4-5REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Saints (7-2), vs. Giants (1-8), at Cowboys (5-4), at Chargers (3-6), vs. Cardinals (4-5), vs. Broncos (3-6), at Giants (1-8)

Likely Finish: 6-1 (Really trying not show any homerism here, but the loss coming from the Saints) 10-6

Arizona 4-5REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Texans (3-6), vs. Jaguars (6-3), vs. Rams (7-2), vs. Titans (6-3), at Redskins (4-5), vs. Giants (1-8), at Seahawks (6-3)

Likely Finish: 2-5 (Losses from Jaguars, Rams, Titans, Redskins, Seahawks) 6-10

#5 Seed - Carolina 7-3REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Jets (4-6), at Saints (7-2), vs. Vikings (7-2), vs. Packers (5-4), vs. Buccaneers (3-6), at Falcons (5-4)

Likely Finish: 4-2 (Losses from Saints and Vikings) 11-5

#6 Seed - Seattle 6-3REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Falcons (5-4), at 49ers (1-9), vs. Eagles (8-1), at Jaguars (6-3), vs. Rams (7-2), at Cowboys (5-4), vs. Cardinals (4-5)

Likely Finish: 4-3 (Losses from Eagles, Jaguars and Rams) 10-6

Considering the Redskins and the Seahawks are from different divisions (same conference), they therefore follow the head to head rule. And Washington owns that. It is imperitive that the Redskins not only win out, but win at least their NFC Conference games. Beat the Saints and the Cowboys, and lose to say, the Broncos, that still helps in any tiebraker situation say against the Lions or the Falcons. 

If at all cost, the Redskins could at least push to once again have a winning season despite injuries and no sound running game. The off season becomes very interesting at that point. 

Cardinals are terrible

the Giants completely are awful now we can beat them twice

broncos are awful on offense

the chargers are a decent team that I still can see beating 

we can go on a winning streak the Dallas game will be rough butwe can win especially with Eliott being out

3 hours ago, mike23md said:

Detroit 5-4REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Bears (3-6), vs. Vikings (7-2), at Ravens (4-5), at Buccaneers (3-6), vs. Bears (3-6), at Bengals (3-6), vs. Packers (5-4)

Likely Finish - 5-2 (Losses to Vikings, Bears and Ravens) 9-7

I will check your math and point out Detroit would finish 10-6 in this scenario.

3 hours ago, mike23md said:

Considering the Redskins and the Seahawks are from different divisions (same conference), they therefore follow the head to head rule. And Washington owns that. It is imperitive that the Redskins not only win out, but win at least their NFC Conference games. Beat the Saints and the Cowboys, and lose to say, the Broncos, that still helps in any tiebraker situation say against the Lions or the Falcons. 

If at all cost, the Redskins could at least push to once again have a winning season despite injuries and no sound running game. The off season becomes very interesting at that point. 

Because Detroit is also tied in this scenario, you need to use the 3 or more tied team tiebreaker.
1. Head-to-head amongst all teams. Detroit doesn't play either Seattle or Washington, so it doesn't apply
2. Conference record: Detroit (7-5), Seattle (8-4), Washington (7-5)

Still plays out to Seattle's favor.

But I'm technically correct, which is the best kind of correctness :D

On 11/13/2017 at 2:49 PM, mike23md said:

The remaining part of the schedule, aside from a game against the Saints, looks extremely doable. Let me break it down for you:

@Saints (7-2)

Giants (1-8)

@Cowboys (5-4)

@Chargers (3-6)

Cardinals (4-5)

Broncos (3-6)

@Giants (1-8)

That schedule right now is doable. This schedule got a bit easier coming down the last stretch. Am I a fan of doing it like this, all the freakin time...NO. But seriously, its very possible we could make the playoffs. Considering all of the injuries we have have this season? If we can make a strong push for the playoffs, there is likely a chance to have a lot of the defense back to full strength and getting Jon Allen back. Frankly, that has been the biggest loss. The defensive line is garbage without him. 

Seriously, though, let me run through some of the games. 

@Saints - Regular game, in a dome. Drew Brees, Michael Thomas, Mark Ingram, Alvin Kamara. Solid O-Line and young defense. Just put up 47 on Buffalo. A win is possible so long as the defense can play to their potential.  

@Cowboys - This has to be a huge win here. On the road, without Ezekiel Elliott has to be the main focus on this roster that week. Norman and Bryant. Commercials can finally come true. 

Broncos are starting Brock Osweiler but stil have a solid defense. Should not be a problem so long as the offense does not crap the bed. 

Beat the Giants both times - Probability.

I think its very possible to go 10-6. Suggesting a loss to the Saints

I agree 10-6 and a playoff birth is still a possibility but at this point I’m leaning more towards us finishing 7-9 or 8-8.

13 hours ago, Danger said:

You are very likely correct but we won’t know the true answer of that until the last week of the regular season. 

On 11/14/2017 at 2:51 PM, Doc Draper said:

ever notice how the DanSkins always seem to lose to the worst team? I wouldnt be surprised if the Giants beat us in one of those games -prob in the NJ garbage dump 

The Redskins always play like crap in the Meadowlands. Doesn't matter if the opponent is wearing blue or green; if I see they are traveling to NJ, I pencil a loss.

Archived