My offer to Terry McLaruin

DCNative

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

An Overpay is Top 5 money . whatever that is. Please understand - I want nothing more than to see a Headline. "Commanders sign Terry McLaurin for 5 years ! " I'm just saying how I expect this mess to play out. 

Give me a Number please. I really wish we know their numbers compared to his asking price. 

39 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Lets be honestly, we are absolutely going to overpay.  We are trailing a booming WR market and so thats just how its gonna be.  It will be very hard for him to play up to this contract and I suspect that will be true for at least half the top WRs who signed this year.  But we need to have context, he will still be much cheaper than stop gap like Wentz and i prefer to overpay our own drafted guy we know and like than some free agent.  We just need to get it done already.

What is this Overpay people keep talking about? Say your Price that's a overpay for Terry McLaruin. 

23 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Give me a Number please. I really wish we know their numbers compared to his asking price. 

Well Stephon Diggs is #6 at $24 million average, so somewhere less than that . If they pay him Diggs money-it's an overpay in my head. I'm not saying what I think they should SHOULD pay him. I'm just guessing what I think they MIGHT pay him .

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Well Stephon Diggs is #6 at $24 million average, so somewhere less than that . If they pay him Diggs money-it's an overpay in my head. I'm not saying what I think they should SHOULD pay him. I'm just guessing what I think they MIGHT pay him .

Worry about the guys signed this off-season like the Tyreke Hills, DeVante Adams, Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, AJ Brown, even the guy from the Raiders. Those are the contracts I think his Agent is looking at. I believe my 5 year 120 million 85 million gets the deal done. He is getting more than Brown while less than Adams. I don't care if you don't think he is in those guys category, on this Roster Terry McLaruin has been those guys for this team these last 3 seasons. A true #1 WR with how many average to below average QB's throwing to him? 

Your not going overpay (that's your opinion) McLaruin while not paying anyone else with that money. What sense does that make? How are you winning games that way? How are you putting fans in the seats not resigning Terry McLaruin? Are you so sure this rookie is gonna take over the #1 WR spot? 

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Diggs got a 4 year extension with 70 million guaranteed. Now under contract for the next 6 years. 

I don't see how McLaruin isn't our Diggs. Justin Jefferson replaced Diggs in Minnesota, who is replacing Terry McLaruin is Washington? 

Edited by DCNative

2 hours ago, DCNative said:

Diggs got a 4 year extension with 70 million guaranteed. Now under contract for the next 6 years. 

I don't see how McLaruin isn't our Diggs. Justin Jefferson replaced Diggs in Minnesota, who is replacing Terry McLaruin is Washington? 

Johan Dotson ?

On 6/17/2022 at 3:26 PM, e16bball said:

You may not “need” to — but why wouldn’t you want to? 

Thanks to having sat out FA almost completely, we’ve got a ton of cap space available at this point. There’s very little in terms of high-dollar talent left out there for the taking. We may as well use some of that space to absorb some of Terry’s new contract, even if it’s just the pro-rated portion of whatever signing bonus he gets. We can soften the impact on future years’ cap numbers by eating more up front than a team typically might choose to (if they’re flush against the cap). 

And if agreeing to give him more money up front might get him to drop his total money demand, it could work in your favor twice to do so. 

This is what I was saying when I posted what I would do

This is the exact reason why washington screws themselves every time it comes to negotiating. They sit back and wait and wait and wait instead of getting it done early. 

this deal should of been done right after DJ Moore got his extension that pays him just under 21 mill annual average………

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

@lavar703 do you consider this offer an “overpay”?

Whomever is willing to stay in this godforsaken franchise while playing at a high level deserves to be overpaid lol. Give Terry whatever he wants. Hopefully it will keep Rivera from trading for McCaffrey next season.