NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, Kingram said:

RJ Barrett staying in NY honestly benefits both sides. If I’m Utah, this is the perfect year to just absolutely suck. RJ prevents you from being a bottom 3 team but he isn’t really anything great. His ceiling is probably a #2 on a contender, but he’s more likely a good #3.

If I’m Utah, I want a haul of draft picks deep into the future and I want to absolutely suck for French KD.

6 firsts and 3 swaps they can keep RJ

6 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Rumors saying they want Grimes and four 1sts as of now. I’m assuming Fournier and Sims are already just factored into that.

NBATradeReport isn’t a real source . Jazz beat writers have said they’ll take no less then 5 unprotected picks. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just match and trade him after. After what Gobert went for someone will want Ayton.

They can’t trade him for like 12 months if they match it. Gobert is one of the greatest defenders in NBA history lol

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Donovan has been the #1 option for 5 straight years on a playoff team in the Western Conference. He's very, very good.

Not saying he isnt a great scorer, Im just saying that is where the superlatives in his game really stops. His is a negative defender and not a great facilitator. My question is, if goes to one of those teams that ask him to do more than just score, can he do it?

First 3 years in the NBA averages:

Player A: 20/3/4 on 46%/39%/83% and eFG% of 50%

Player B: 22/4/4 on 44%/35%/82% and eFG% of 50%

Can you guess who these players are and what one would you rather have?

Edited by AkronsWitness

22 minutes ago, Kingram said:

RJ Barrett staying in NY honestly benefits both sides. If I’m Utah, this is the perfect year to just absolutely suck. RJ prevents you from being a bottom 3 team but he isn’t really anything great. His ceiling is probably a #2 on a contender, but he’s more likely a good #3.

If I’m Utah, I want a haul of draft picks deep into the future and I want to absolutely suck for French KD.

You think RJ Barrett would keep a team from being bottom 3?

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Not saying he isnt a great scorer, Im just saying that is where the superlatives in his game really stops. His is a negative defender and not a great facilitator. My question is, if goes to one of those teams that ask him to do more than just score, can he do it?

First 3 years in the NBA averages:

Player A: 20/3/4 on 46%/39%/83% and eFG% of 50%

Player B: 22/4/4 on 44%/35%/82% and eFG% of 50%

Can you guess who these players are and what one would you rather have?

There are 8 players in the NBA over the last two years to average 25 ppg/5 apg. Luka, Donovan, Durant, LeBron, Giannis, Jokic, Curry, and Trae. 

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They can’t trade him for like 12 months if they match it. Gobert is one of the greatest defenders in NBA history lol

So keep him for a year then trade him next season. Never said Ayton will get what Gobert did, but take what you can get. Better than losing him for nothing.

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You think RJ Barrett would keep a team from being bottom 3?

I think RJ Barrett is good enough that the Jazz wouldn’t absolutely blow, which should be their goal. RJ Barrett also doesn’t move the needle for me if I’m Utah. He probably will have 0 interest in staying there. Give me an absolute haul of draft picks over Barrett.

6 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

So keep him for a year then trade him next season. Never said Ayton will get what Gobert did, but take what you can get. Better than losing him for nothing.

Gobert is much better then Ayton

8 minutes ago, Kingram said:

I think RJ Barrett is good enough that the Jazz wouldn’t absolutely blow, which should be their goal. RJ Barrett also doesn’t move the needle for me if I’m Utah. He probably will have 0 interest in staying there. Give me an absolute haul of draft picks over Barrett.

That's a very high opinion of him. He doesn't move the needle either way right now. He'd have to take a big step forward.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

6 firsts and 3 swaps they can keep RJ

The Rudy Gobert trade completely ruined the trade market in terms of picks. I don't blame you for wanting that type of compensation considering Gobert went for four 1sts and one pick swap, but GM's around the league all agree that was just Ainge taking advantage of a new owner trying to make a stamp on the franchise. It aint happening again.

I'm not sure we will ever see that type of abuse again in a deal. People are weary of dealing with Ainge, but the Knicks are desperate so who knows.