NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

Just now, Supersuavesky said:

He fits perfectly. Better than Duren.

I can see the argument about wanting more for the pick but we don't know what kinds of offers they were getting.

I think Duren has a higher ceiling but Mark has a much higher floor. He's huge and will be a very good rim protector/rim runner at the very least. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think Duren has a higher ceiling but Mark has a much higher floor. He's huge and will be a very good rim protector/rim runner at the very least. 

Right, but I think they have a similar high upside big in Jones already.

They said even before the draft that the were looking to trade one of those picks because the rookies we already have couldn't even get any PT. They didn't want to pay for two first round guys who wouldn't even see court time.

1 minute ago, Supersuavesky said:

Right, but I think they have a similar high upside big in Jones already.

They said even before the draft that the were looking to trade one of those picks because the rookies we already have couldn't even get any PT. They didn't want to pay for two first round guys who wouldn't even see court time.

Yeah Mark slots in as a day one starter and we've seen a few teams just have way too many guys on their roster so none of them really ever developed. I'm still optimistic about Kai/Bouknight but I think that LaMelo/Bridges/Mark is a very solid foundation to build around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Feel like this is all a leverage play. I’ll believe he’s not a Net when it happens.

I'd typically agree but if there's anyone that is going to break the norm and force his way somewhere it's Kyrie.

• Like 1