NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

Just now, stl4life07 said:

KD is at the top of his game. Yes he had his worst playoff series but that dont matter. I expect GM Marks to get the absolute best deal for KD and I know there will be plenty of teams lining up to give up a (bleep) ton for him.

He's 34 and hasn't stayed healthy enough to play 60 games since 5 years ago. AD was the better asset.

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I honestly don't know what that FO could have done more for Kyrie. They basically blew up their young roster to accommodate Durant and Irving, they gave their buddy Deandre Jordan like $40 mil just to make them happy, they fired Kenny Atkinson because Irving didn't like him, they traded for a 3rd star in Harden by mortgaging everything to help the trio win.  It isn't the FO fault that Irving just decided not to play basketball last year. 

Who says it’s about Kyrie?It’s about KD. He’s the cornerstone and is your ticket to championship contention. You better appease him. More about this will come out obviously. For KD to ask for a trade, a year after signing and extension says a lot about them. The fact that Steve Nash is gonna outlast the big 3 is staggering. 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Who says it’s about Kyrie?It’s about KD. He’s the cornerstone and is your ticket to championship contention. You better appease him. More about this will come out obviously. For KD to ask for a trade, a year after signing and extension says a lot about them. The fact that Steve Nash is gonna outlast the big 3 is staggering. 

Cmon man

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

They won a title so it can't be completely idiotic.

I mean they basically mortgaged a decade worth of assets for a single title, and AD basically said he wouldn't go anywhere else but LA.  They were bidding against themselves.  I'm not saying the trade was stupid I'm saying the amount they gave up was historically high and will likely never happen again. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean they basically mortgaged a decade worth of assets for a single title, and AD basically said he wouldn't go anywhere else but LA.  They were bidding against themselves.  I'm not saying the trade was stupid I'm saying the amount they gave up was historically high and will likely never happen again. 

They overpaid, I'll give you that.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

It didn’t work bc the best player in KD didn’t want to be a leader. He didn’t stand up to Harden and definitely didn’t stand up to Kyrie. The Nets was in a lose lose situation as a result bc when they stood their ground with Kyrie all KD could say is “the organization never learned to understand Kyrie”. Like what type of bull crap is that??? 

So since KD and Kyrie are both looking out for themselves I hope the Nets are looking out for themselves. Send both to places where they can get the best deals and not to places KD and Kyrie want to go too. Simple as that. 

Exactly how does that, in any way, disprove with what I wrote lol. Bunch of beta boys when y'all needed an alpha like Giannis.

11 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

KD is at the top of his game. Yes he had his worst playoff series but that dont matter. I expect GM Marks to get the absolute best deal for KD and I know there will be plenty of teams lining up to give up a (bleep) ton for him.

Wha...what?

You don't think age and play matter in trade packages?