2023 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Texansfan713

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Chet doesn't get into foul trouble they probably win the game, lol. Guard play wins games in the NCAA tournament, we saw it last year as well when Gonzaga lost to Baylor in the national championship. Auburn had 2 1st round front court players and didn't make a deep run.

you have a 7 footer with let's say at least passable guard skills so go create some mismatches. force them to figure out how to defend this guy. don't just put timme on an island and have the other guys watching. timme wasn't the problem, they shot like **** as a team and chet was forced off the floor. but nobody benefits from watching timme posting and reposting jaylin williams

auburn isn't a comparable situation because when jabari was cold and when he's cold, he's cold. he wasn't giving them anything else. and kessler is pretty clearly the worst offensive player of the four

51 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

you have a 7 footer with let's say at least passable guard skills so go create some mismatches. force them to figure out how to defend this guy. don't just put timme on an island and have the other guys watching. timme wasn't the problem, they shot like **** as a team and chet was forced off the floor. but nobody benefits from watching timme posting and reposting jaylin williams

auburn isn't a comparable situation because when jabari was cold and when he's cold, he's cold. he wasn't giving them anything else. and kessler is pretty clearly the worst offensive player of the four

Gonzaga went 59-5 the last two seasons running the offense through Timme, lol.

Just now, catcheryea said:

congrats to them on two wcc championships 

They lost in the national championship the year before with Timme, lol. But I guess taking the ball out of a first team AA's hands for Chet would've saved them? But I thought Chet was in foul trouble? lulz

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They lost in the national championship the year before with Timme, lol. But I guess taking the ball out of a first team AA's hands for Chet would've saved them? But I thought Chet was in foul trouble? lulz

they didn't need saving. they needed to utilize all their players to help the team win the games that mattered. timme is a great college basketball player with an elite skill. that skill has led them to the #1 overall seed two years in a row. that skill has not been good enough to win a national championship. chet is one of the most unique college basketball players we've seen. figure out a way to use him to create advantages for himself or timme or someone else. you can give him the ball and still get timme all his touches. most teams aren't playing with two bigs who can defend both of them. run some big big pnrs and leverage their size to get timme easier post ups

33 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

they didn't need saving. they needed to utilize all their players to help the team win the games that mattered. timme is a great college basketball player with an elite skill. that skill has led them to the #1 overall seed two years in a row. that skill has not been good enough to win a national championship. chet is one of the most unique college basketball players we've seen. figure out a way to use him to create advantages for himself or timme or someone else. you can give him the ball and still get timme all his touches. most teams aren't playing with two bigs who can defend both of them. run some big big pnrs and leverage their size to get timme easier post ups

Chet was booty in the half court and feasted in transition, he also wasn't great against power 5 schools. They went undefeated last year and lost to Baylor in the title game, it's very difficult to win a national championship, lol. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Now granted, I don't watch college basketball so I can't compare anything else. But on that play Chet clearly tried to draw a charge after just 1 bump. It wasn't bad defense, just a costly attempt to draw a foul.

Could very well have been 1 of many plays where Chet got bodied. Maybe it was a consistent thing Chet did because he couldn't handle any physicality at all. But that one play wasn't bad.

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

cooper flagg was one of the best players on the usa u17 team, he is only 15

Better hope his dad doesnt start his own prep school/AAU team to cater to him and not make him work hard and kick off anyone who gets in a disagreement with him.  Could be really bad for his development.  

18 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Better hope his dad doesnt start his own prep school/AAU team to cater to him and not make him work hard and kick off anyone who gets in a disagreement with him.  Could be really bad for his development.  

I always hate seeing a parent/parents ruin the potential career of their kid. Bates dad has played this all wrong and has completely cratered the stock of his “prize possession” of a son. Besides it being close to home, there’s no benefit to him playing at EMU. 

On a side note, Flagg is apparently going to Montverde Academy starting next year so he should be in the clear lol.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Nick Smith Jr might be my favorite prospect in the class. 

Terquavion Smith is mine, probably. I wanna see what he does for an encore. His numbers are drug down by his 7 games off the bench but, as a starter, he posted;

18.1 PTS, 4.2 REB, 2.0 AST, 1.4 STL, 1.7 TOV on 40.8/38.1/74.3

If he can get the overall shooting percentage up, he's got a shot to climb into the early lottery.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 5:01 PM, beekay414 said:

Terquavion Smith is mine, probably. I wanna see what he does for an encore. His numbers are drug down by his 7 games off the bench but, as a starter, he posted;

18.1 PTS, 4.2 REB, 2.0 AST, 1.4 STL, 1.7 TOV on 40.8/38.1/74.3

If he can get the overall shooting percentage up, he's got a shot to climb into the early lottery.

Jazz need to draft Dariq Whitehead/Leonard Miller next year or we riot.