2023 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Texansfan713

On 7/23/2022 at 11:22 AM, CWood21 said:

Not when Danny Ainge goes full Danny Ainge.

Full Danny Ainge like drafting the best young core in the NBA? Or building the original big 3? Or getting Kyrie? Or building a contending team around IT? Could go full Rob P and blow his load for the Brodie.

the 2023 class going to be loaded.

If I had to take an early guess of 5 teams that will be picking in the top 5-6 range I would pick the Jazz, Spurs, OKC, Rockets and Pistons.  Looking forward to following the 2023 prospects throughout the season.

Edited by Texansfan713

10 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

This draft is so good I have seen multiple ppl say a different prospect (not Victor) was the #1 prospect in this class. 

if it's someone other than scoot i don't buy it. wemby is clearly the best big and scoot is clearly the best guard and none of the 35 6'7 athletic wings have shown enough of a complete game yet to put themselves in that conversation

• Like 1

I also don't see why his build scares people off. He's crazy young. Rudy Gobert was probably a rail when he was 18 as well. Rudy was 21 when he was drafted and he had filled out quite a bit. I don't see why Victor can't gain that much size in 2-3 years. Now Rudy is a behemoth. Victor probably will never get that size, but he could be a little bigger than rookie Gobert for his entire career. I think the dude is going to be a freak. I hope the US doesn't collapse in the next 15 years, because the NBA is absolutely STAAAAACKED!

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I also don't see why his build scares people off. He's crazy young. Rudy Gobert was probably a rail when he was 18 as well. Rudy was 21 when he was drafted and he had filled out quite a bit. I don't see why Victor can't gain that much size in 2-3 years. Now Rudy is a behemoth. Victor probably will never get that size, but he could be a little bigger than rookie Gobert for his entire career. I think the dude is going to be a freak. I hope the US doesn't collapse in the next 15 years, because the NBA is absolutely STAAAAACKED!

Even if he gets stronger, it's basically impossible to defend the perimeter at that size.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 4:35 AM, THE DUKE said:

Hoop Intellect profile on Scoot Henderson.  A good summary for people like me who don't watch the G League and haven't seen him before.

Scoot will likely be the 2nd player off the board next summer. This draft cycle is going to be a little different because a lot of the top guys (Vic, Scoot, Thompson twins) aren't playing college basketball.