2023 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Scoot might be the best guard prospect in a while. Vic is something else. Not even a unicorn, he's an alien.

Old comp but he reminds of pre-fat Steve Francis.  Clear #1 pick in every other draft since AD (possibly Zion).

14 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Old comp but he reminds of pre-fat Steve Francis.  Clear #1 pick in every other draft since AD (possibly Zion).

I heard a pre injury Derrick Rose.  Similar shot limitations at this point but Scoot is improving but uber athletic and can get to the rim and distribute.  

20 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I heard a pre injury Derrick Rose.  Similar shot limitations at this point but Scoot is improving but uber athletic and can get to the rim and distribute.  

My best friend said Rose too, and I'm starting to see it as well. I was going to go with the Morant comparison but Rose might be spot on.  

Edited by Texansfan713

Any team that isn't a title contender should probably be angling for the lottery at this point. I mean, even if it's a 1% chance, you've got one player who could legitimately be the best prospect since Lebron and another who would be in the conversation for a #1 pick in all but 3-4 of the last 12 drafts. This is the kind of draft where a single ping pong ball can define the LEAGUE for a decade. 

And for the already tanking teams? If I were a gambling man, I would go lay heavy money on the under for Indiana, San An, Orlando, Houston, OKC, and Utah right away. Heck, I think the "who are we exactly?" teams like Charlotte, WAS, Portland, Sacramento, and even NYK should strongly consider blowing it up and hitting the reset button. Most won't, but man, Wemby (IF he stays healthy) has the chance to redefine the freaking SPORT over the next ten years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't think he's Rose-level physically talented but I also think he's stronger, and more polished at the same stage. It's hard to find a comp for him.

1 hour ago, FGK said:

Any team that isn't a title contender should probably be angling for the lottery at this point. I mean, even if it's a 1% chance, you've got one player who could legitimately be the best prospect since Lebron and another who would be in the conversation for a #1 pick in all but 3-4 of the last 12 drafts. This is the kind of draft where a single ping pong ball can define the LEAGUE for a decade. 

And for the already tanking teams? If I were a gambling man, I would go lay heavy money on the under for Indiana, San An, Orlando, Houston, OKC, and Utah right away. Heck, I think the "who are we exactly?" teams like Charlotte, WAS, Portland, Sacramento, and even NYK should strongly consider blowing it up and hitting the reset button. Most won't, but man, Wemby (IF he stays healthy) has the chance to redefine the freaking SPORT over the next ten years.

Wemby would look real nice next to Cade, Ivey and Duren.  Its a double edged sword because if we are bad enough to get in the mix without a lot of luck, it would mean Cade and Co arent doing great.  But just being in the lotto should be exciting and we most likely will be in the middle to end of the lotto.  But there are a lot of tanking teams that will be in our way which also means easier wins for us. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Wemby would look real nice next to Cade, Ivey and Duren.  Its a double edged sword because if we are bad enough to get in the mix without a lot of luck, it would mean Cade and Co arent doing great.  But just being in the lotto should be exciting and we most likely will be in the middle to end of the lotto.  But there are a lot of tanking teams that will be in our way which also means easier wins for us. 

Detroit is exactly the team that came to my mind as, "they COULD easily compete and be a play-in team this year. But if they get Wemby, that's a dynasty." 

• Like 1