UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

I understand that Pace took over a talentless gong show. But that does mean he gets a pass on some serious misses a long the way.

You guys know me, I can't stand John Fox, but Paces finger prints are on this 35-36 loss 3 season bloodbath.

To me Pace talks a better game than he executes. He comes off confident, prepared, he acts with conviction and he is thorough, but then he busts a ton of moves and we don't see results. He is fired up about the moves and everyone has consensus and a lot of them are bad.

I bet if you played his press conferences and interviews while you watch the team play, you would want to punch yourself.

Just now, Rogerthat said:

It’s a very realistic scenario that the bears beat the browns and the Vikings team resting its starters week 17 fox goes 3 of 4 to finish the season bears finish 6-10. Fox is retained hire mike McCoy as OC and logins is our qb coach. 

No way is that happening. Fox still makes horrible challenges and is just too risk adverse.

4 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

It’s a very realistic scenario that the bears beat the browns and the Vikings team resting its starters week 17 fox goes 3 of 4 to finish the season bears finish 6-10. Fox is retained hire mike McCoy as OC and logins is our qb coach. 

I don't see it. Beating the team picking 1st in the draft is nothing to be excited about, nor is beating a team that is resting it's starters. Just the minimum amount of context shows that Fox has been a letdown regardless of those games.

42 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I don't see it. Beating the team picking 1st in the draft is nothing to be excited about, nor is beating a team that is resting it's starters. Just the minimum amount of context shows that Fox has been a letdown regardless of those games.

That GB game was the end of Fox...coming off a bye week you can't beat a Rodgerless packers...what there says you have a hope in hell of winning this division on a yearly basis? And that's what we need to be aiming for.

47 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I am excited to watch the Eagles/Rams. Get to see 3 HC candidates in one game.

Yeah going to watch this when I get back home...seeing how good Trubisky was on the move today just makes me want LaFleur and that "Shanahan offence" even more.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

That GB game was the end of Fox...coming off a bye week you can't beat a Rodgerless packers...what there says you have a hope in hell of winning this division on a yearly basis? And that's what we need to be aiming for.

Exactly, you don't turn a blind eye to the absolute failure Fox has been for getting situational advantages in a few games at the end of a top 10 pick garnering season. Especially when you look more in depth with his major flaws, and mishandling of Trubisky.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah going to watch this when I get back home...seeing how good Trubisky was on the move today just makes me want LaFleur and that "Shanahan offence" even more.

Been a good one. My concern is how reliant the Rams are on Gurley in the passing game. Howard has hands of stone and Cohen would be a major tipoff to the defenses. I'm loving how decisive the QBs have been here. Making quick reads and flying through progressions. I'll just leave general points that you likely expected though, don't want to ruin the game for you. lol

31 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Exactly, you don't turn a blind eye to the absolute failure Fox has been for getting situational advantages in a few games at the end of a top 10 pick garnering season. Especially when you look more in depth with his major flaws, and mishandling of Trubisky.

Been a good one. My concern is how reliant the Rams are on Gurley in the passing game. Howard has hands of stone and Cohen would be a major tipoff to the defenses. I'm loving how decisive the QBs have been here. Making quick reads and flying through progressions. I'll just leave general points that you likely expected though, don't want to ruin the game for you. lol

Appreciate it lol.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Huge day for the coaching search.

Trubisky flashed an elite level of play and that is going to see for us.

The biggest thing for us will be 3 more games like the last 2, could vault the Bears into the #1 job opening.

Rumor is that Gettleman is an early favorite for the Giants GM job. 

McDaniels situation will be a lot more interesting. What are the odds Detroit cleans house? That front office botched the situation with Megatron, among other things.

Archived