#3. Terrell Owens 98 

#4. Larry Fitzgerald 97

#5. Calvin Johnson 97

#6. Antonio Brown 97

#7. Marvin Harrison 96 

#8. Cris Carter 96

#9. Steve Largent 95

#10. Steve Smith 95 

H/M: Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce, Reggie Wayne, Sterling Sharpe, Michael Irvin, James Lofton, Andre Reed, Art Monk, Lance Alworth, Andre Johnson 

1. Rice: Best player of all time at any position.
  2. Moss: Had the highest ceiling of any WR in history but never reached his ceiling because he got in his own way.
  3. Fitz: Consistency, reliability, and health are his three middle names.
  4. TO: He didn't have as high of a ceiling as Moss but close to it. But much like Moss, he got in his own way.
  5. Megatron: Arguably the most talented WR of all time but didn't play long enough to earn the title.
  6. Cris Carter
  7. Tim Brown
  8. Steve Smith
  9. Marvin Harrison
  10. Andre Johnson

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm sure you being a Packers fan has nothing to do with this hot take at all.

That there just shows pure ignorance.  Go look at Hutson's stats in an era where the passing game wasn't much.  Dude was a stud.  Moreso than any other receiver that has ever played.  He is simply the greatest at the position.

No disrespect for Rice and anyone else, but Hutson was the MAN.  Then it's Rice.  #3 is wide open for debate.

13 hours ago, vegas492 said:

That there just shows pure ignorance.  Go look at Hutson's stats in an era where the passing game wasn't much.  Dude was a stud.  Moreso than any other receiver that has ever played.  He is simply the greatest at the position.

No disrespect for Rice and anyone else, but Hutson was the MAN.  Then it's Rice.  #3 is wide open for debate.

It's not ignorance at all. Hutson played during a time when football wasn't even football yet as we know it. The sport was still in a sort of an alpha phase where they had a very hard time filling positions with real competition and still figuring out the rules and such. Point is, I just don't put much value in those players vs later years. This is also why you'll never hear me bragging about the Bears success in the early 20's - 40's. 

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It's not ignorance at all. Hutson played during a time when football wasn't even football yet as we know it. The sport was still in a sort of an alpha phase where they had a very hard time filling positions with real competition and still figuring out the rules and such. Point is, I just don't put much value in those players vs later years. This is also why you'll never hear me bragging about the Bears success in the early 20's - 40's. 

Yes.  I understand what you are getting at, and I respect your opinion and thoughts on those early NFL years.

I, though, look at that and am amazed by just how good Hutson really was compared to his peers.  In a league that didn't really pass, he was amazing.

Rice, for as all-world and amazing as he truly was, always had guys that were close to his level, even in his prime.  Maybe they weren't quite on his level, but they were close.

Hutson had no one close to his level.

That's why my list for All Time WR's will always start with Hutson, then Rice, then it is up for debate.  Now, if you discount those real early years, I'll move Hutson down a notch or two, but he's in the top 5.  

And Raymond Berry has to be up there pretty high, too.

On 7/14/2022 at 12:42 AM, JAF-N72EX said:
  1. Rice: Best player of all time at any position.
  2. Moss: Had the highest ceiling of any WR in history but never reached his ceiling because he got in his own way.
  3. Fitz: Consistency, reliability, and health are his three middle names.
  4. TO: He didn't have as high of a ceiling as Moss but close to it. But much like Moss, he got in his own way.
  5. Megatron: Arguably the most talented WR of all time but didn't play long enough to earn the title.
  6. Cris Carter
  7. Tim Brown
  8. Steve Smith
  9. Marvin Harrison
  10. Andre Johnson

what-wat.gif