Week 11 GDT: Patriots vs Raiders

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

7 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

It's old. Get over it.

But I'm not surprised from someone who contributes nothing to the convo pretty consistently.

I said we could and I look forward to upgrading the position.

I want a true #1 WR, Coop in the Slot and Crab as our possession WR that can be replaced as he gets long in the tooth.

Doesn't take away from the good things that Seth has done in the past and doesn't mean he will always be a plus on the field.

Huh ? Ive been around since 2006 I just changed my name. Don’t know where that came from. I’ve always had respectful discussions with everybody. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

And saying it proves nothing, proves nothing.

Do any of you care to share an evidence to your claims?

Idk what's defined as a lot but we do move him around more often compared to the previous years. First two years he ran 16% of his snaps out of the slot, this year he's at 21%. Not huge but definitley suggests he's moving around more often than last year. His numbers In the slot are also very good, and this year specifically his numbers from the slot are slightly better than Seth with over 125 LESS routes ran. Every stat pretty much suggests he needs to play in the slot more often. 

1 hour ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Idk what's defined as a lot but we do move him around more often compared to the previous years. First two years he ran 16% of his snaps out of the slot, this year he's at 21%. Not huge but definitley suggests he's moving around more often than last year. His numbers In the slot are also very good, and this year specifically his numbers from the slot are slightly better than Seth with over 125 LESS routes ran. Every stat pretty much suggests he needs to play in the slot more often. 

It’s all matchups, if a team is weak in the slot (like the patriots) the raiders need to attack it. What’s weird is they attacked the chiefs in the slot but it’s like 50 first dates with this staff. 

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Drops can me mitigated by big plays/talent. If a good receiver drops balls its something you can live with. With Roberts it's not. He also has 1 touchdown this year. He hasn't been making big plays, or doing much of anything against single coverage all season long.

He got the deal, but I don't think he's earned it, especially with his play this year. Around 400 yards is pretty awful for a team that plays mainly 3 receiver sets. Considering, he's on pace for 2 touchdowns this year, that number seems even worse. The penalties and stone hands are just cherries on top.

You earn a deal with the things you do previous to getting it. Not afterwards. He earned it. His production proves it. Period.

This is a down year in production for him but it's also a down year in production for everyone on this offense but yeah like I have said over and over and over the position can be upgraded. Doesn't change the other things I have stated.

3 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Huh ? Ive been around since 2006 I just changed my name. Don’t know where that came from. I’ve always had respectful discussions with everybody. 

Throw around sarcastic backhanded comments and then act surprised when someone calls you out on it. I guess that what goes as respectful in your book.

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

It’s all matchups, if a team is weak in the slot (like the patriots) the raiders need to attack it. What’s weird is they attacked the chiefs in the slot but it’s like 50 first dates with this staff. 

But the Pats wouldn't have played their normal defense on Coop if he was in the slot more. They just would have moved Butler and the bracket along with Coop. They took him away from the game with attention in coverage. It's what Belicheck does.

15 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Throw around sarcastic backhanded comments and then act surprised when someone calls you out on it. I guess that what goes as respectful in your book.

Seth Roberts will be ok from a mean comment. Also to be more specific I meant respectful with other posters. 

17 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Seth Roberts will be ok from a mean comment. Also to be more specific I meant respectful with other posters. 

It's not about anyone being ok with it. It's about you throwing a rock and then hiding you hand, sort of speak.

But do you, just expect to be called on it from time to time.

Seth Roberts probably won't be cut any time soon.  Doing so this year would create an additional $4 million in dead money on a team carrying just over $2.8 million in dead money in respect of the rest of the entire team.  I think Roberts has been a liability this season, but IMHO he's not (yet....?) one that will cause the Raiders to more than double the amount of dead money they are carrying overnight.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

But the Pats wouldn't have played their normal defense on Coop if he was in the slot more. They just would have moved Butler and the bracket along with Coop. They took him away from the game with attention in coverage. It's what Belicheck does.

Mayhaps, we really don't know because like the run game they didn't stick to this.

13 hours ago, 808sinfour4time said:

Seth Roberts probably won't be cut any time soon.  Doing so this year would create an additional $4 million in dead money on a team carrying just over $2.8 million in dead money in respect of the rest of the entire team.  I think Roberts has been a liability this season, but IMHO he's not (yet....?) one that will cause the Raiders to more than double the amount of dead money they are carrying overnight.

I'll say this.  Looks bad on Reggie.  I don't know what kind of dirt Roberts has on him and JDR but its gotta be bad.

Archived