Week 11 GDT: Patriots vs Raiders

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

3 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

No they're not it's just they are playing the Raiders, the Redskins did the exact same thing to us. The Patriots have the worst defense in the league, 32nd overall, 32nd vs the pass 26th vs the run we just suck on offense. 

By DVOA we're ranked 32nd and they are 31st.  The Pats had been ranked 32nd until we replaced them after Week 9.  Our defense had been trending down and their defense trending up for several weeks before Week 9. And that's continued.  They won't be 31st after this performance.  We will remain 32nd.

I suspect if Football Outsiders did a weighted defensive DVOA rating (where more recent results are weighted more than early season results), the Pats would have a league average or just slightly below average defense.

17 minutes ago, 808sinfour4time said:

By DVOA we're ranked 32nd and they are 31st.  The Pats had been ranked 32nd until we replaced them after Week 9.  Our defense had been trending down and their defense trending up for several weeks before Week 9. And that's continued.  They won't be 31st after this performance.  We will remain 32nd.

I suspect if Football Outsiders did a weighted defensive DVOA rating (where more recent results are weighted more than early season results), the Pats would have a league average or just slightly below average defense.

We're still that low? Jesus, what more can we do to make up for weeks 1-4? lol. 

13 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Honestly if anyone thinks the Patriots have the worst defense in the league, they are clueless.  Far from it.

Their front 7 is terrible and they have one good corner and one good saftey. They have terrible talent on defense easily the worst defensive roster, with results to prove it.

18 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Honestly if anyone thinks the Patriots have the worst defense in the league, they are clueless.  Far from it.

That doesn't excuse only putting up a garbage time touchdown against them coming after a bye week.  I don't care if you wanna call them the worst of all time or middle of the pack.  I'm disgusted today.  Hell, I've been disgusted pretty much all season.  This is absolutely pathetic.  

Apologies for the venting, but I had to just get it out.

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Actually they are pretty bad our offense just freaking stinks.

In the last 6 weeks the Patriots gave up 14, 17, 7, 13, 16, 8 points. 

They are ranked 14 in points per game and have been trending up every week. They just suck in yards bad. Which is kind of what people were saying about them last year. If not for the first couple of weeks the narrative of their defense being bad wouldn't be a thing. 

8 minutes ago, lancerman said:

In the last 6 weeks the Patriots gave up 14, 17, 7, 13, 16, 8 points. 

They are ranked 14 in points per game and have been trending up every week. They just suck in yards bad. Which is kind of what people were saying about them last year. If not for the first couple of weeks the narrative of their defense being bad wouldn't be a thing. 

skewed. chargers and atl were best teams they say in that stretch hardly lighting it up on offense. chargers may be best offense in games theyve played.

Jets Broncos chargers atl. Broncos scored more than we did. guess Broncos offense has more talent? patriots def is that good? off bye week is inexcusable. no more excuses.

2 minutes ago, roi34 said:

skewed. chargers and atl were best teams they say in that stretch hardly lighting it up on offense. chargers may be best offense in games theyve played.

Jets Broncos chargers atl. Broncos scored more than we did. guess Broncos offense has more talent? patriots def is that good? off bye week is inexcusable. no more excuses.

People said that last year and they won the Super Bowl. The reality is the Patriots have always had a good ppg while not being as good in yards.

Titans, Ravens, Bills are ahead of us for playoffs and KC is only 2 games up on us. It's not over but we look BLAH!!!

I'd rather we squeek in (healthy) and then see what we can do rather than last season's limp in without our QB.

Archived