Week 11 GDT: Patriots vs Raiders

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

roberts should not be getting more targets than cooper ... again defense doesnt get us ball back or give offense easy points. bad defense is mainly killing us. long drives for other teams keeps offense off field and off rhythm

I'm sure you're well beyond this, but you guys need to get shot of Del Rio and everyone in there that makes decisions.

Compare the two teams. Oakland had two weeks to prepare, stayed at home (below sea level) because "it worked last time" and were gassed on the first drive. One of your players was heard claiming he couldn't breathe. NE stayed in the Rockies after the Denver game, then went to AirForce Academy and just looked at ease all game (both in terms of their roles and fitness). 

This isn't a bragging post, it's just to say I think you're a good team with talent, but it's being wasted under JdR. Although to pump the breaks a bit, Brady has a 90% completion rating history vs JdR teams - it's just one of those matchups that is heavily in TB's favor for whatever schematic reason. But I thought the preparation was found wanting. 

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm sure you're well beyond this, but you guys need to get shot of Del Rio and everyone in there that makes decisions.

Compare the two teams. Oakland had two weeks to prepare, stayed at home (below sea level) because "it worked last time" and were gassed on the first drive. One of your players was heard claiming he couldn't breathe. NE stayed in the Rockies after the Denver game, then went to AirForce Academy and just looked at ease all game (both in terms of their roles and fitness). 

This isn't a bragging post, it's just to say I think you're a good team with talent, but it's being wasted under JdR. Although to pump the breaks a bit, Brady has a 90% completion rating history vs JdR teams - it's just one of those matchups that is heavily in TB's favor for whatever schematic reason. But I thought the preparation was found wanting. 

The problem is the defense plays right into what your team does very well. The Raider's play off about 5-8  yards, Brady feasts off of that because your WRs run some of the best routes and have some of the best hands (Still can't believe that Edelman catch in the SB.) in the game. Theres no way a pass rush can get there because Brady dumps the ball off for a 5-8 yard gain. 

But you're right, the patriots are the best coached team in football and light years ahead of the raiders. 

14 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Yeah he didn't look like the problem to me. The pick he threw should have been caught by Holton imo. 

Its funny because during the pregame shows they brought up the 50/50 balls Carr has been throwing and saying that they are high reward throws but will lead to interceptions.

Also I have read on hear that people are saying New England's Defense is not that bad since the TB game.  They have shut down every team since then but none of those teams are playing well offensively.  Chargers put 54 against the Bills yesterday and that still only moved them up to 15th in scoring.  They only have to play one more legit offence so I am willing to bet the defense will be exposed early in the playoffs.

42 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Its funny because during the pregame shows they brought up the 50/50 balls Carr has been throwing and saying that they are high reward throws but will lead to interceptions.

That wasn't really a 50/50 throw. Holton had his guy beat.

37 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Also I have read on hear that people are saying New England's Defense is not that bad since the TB game.  They have shut down every team since then but none of those teams are playing well offensively.  Chargers put 54 against the Bills yesterday and that still only moved them up to 15th in scoring.  They only have to play one more legit offence so I am willing to bet the defense will be exposed early in the playoffs.

They are coached so well. They are the best in the business of matching scheme to their personnel. They will be just fine on another championship run.

44 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It's about what it was last season now. They give up yards, but not points and they can take the ball away. No superstars.

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I want Roberts benched. He brings no production and a load of garbage penalties to the slot. We can find someone else to block, but we need someone to make catches and get downfield. Holton or Patterson would be fine in that role I think.

The fact that he wasn't benched in the game, where he costs the team at least ten points in the first half, makes me think he won't be benched next week. Dude was literally the Nathan Petermen of WRs yesterday and they kept him in the game and kept targeting him.

This staff holds none of the players accountable for pathetic play. There was a camera shot of a coach consoling Roberts on the sidelines like he's some rookie player who made his first big mistake, but Roberts has been trash for years. This is Roberts third year starting and he has gotten worse each year. Reggie Nelson has been trash for years and yet is still out there eating dust showcasing his 4.9 speed. No players are held accountable

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The fact that he wasn't benched in the game, where he costs the team at least ten points in the first half, makes me think he won't be benched next week. Dude was literally the Nathan Petermen of WRs yesterday and they kept him in the game and kept targeting him.

This staff holds none of the players accountable for pathetic play. There was a camera shot of a coach consoling Roberts on the sidelines like he's some rookie player who made his first big mistake, but Roberts has been trash for years. This is Roberts third year starting and he has gotten worse each year. Reggie Nelson has been trash for years and yet is still out there eating dust showcasing his 4.9 speed. No players are held accountable

The best coaches hold their players accountable... Coaches like Zimmer or BB are tough, and brutally honest, and they make changes.

JDR seems like a nice guy, but I wonder if this job is a little too big for him. I also can't believe Reggie extended Roberts. Either our WR coach has been absolute garbage at working with him (doubtful), or Roberts is simply a horrible player. If he never plays another snap for the Raiders, it would have been too soon. 

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The best coaches hold their players accountable... Coaches like Zimmer or BB are tough, and brutally honest, and they make changes.

JDR seems like a nice guy, but I wonder if this job is a little too big for him. I also can't believe Reggie extended Roberts. Either our WR coach has been absolute garbage at working with him (doubtful), or Roberts is simply a horrible player. If he never plays another snap for the Raiders, it would have been too soon. 

I wanted Seth Roberts replaced after his rookie year in 2015, even after he made a number of crucial TD catches that year.

Seth is just a bad player. Not a natural receiver. Bad hands, body catcher. Mental lapses. For every positive play he makes, he cancels that out by making 3 times the mistakes. With Coop and Crab drawing coverage and Cooks being a threat, a competent third WR who faces single man coverage the majority of the time should be flourishing. 

Reggie needs to swallow his pride and go get 1-2 more receivers this off-season.

8 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I can accept losses if they play well. I can't however accept losses when they play like this. It's embarrassing and they should feel ashamed of themselves after that disgraceful display.

100%. I fully expected this team to lose to the Pats. But I expected it to be a game with 2 weeks to prep.

Archived