Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Russ is probably the 7th - 9th best player in the league. Hes a stat padder in that he puts up top 1-3 raw numbers.

Is he as good as LeBron, Curry, Durant, Harden, AD, or Giannis? No, but hes clearly in the next level of players.

Hes not like Steph where he can take a back seat and make a huge impact. He has a style that requires him to dominate play. Hes not a LeBron level player that can be super consistent.

I think anyone who thinks hes not a top 10 player is crazy. Compared to other 'stat padder' type players - Melo, Love, etc...I think he is so far and away better than those guys ever were.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Russ is probably the 7th - 9th best player in the league. Hes a stat padder in that he puts up top 1-3 raw numbers.

Is he as good as LeBron, Curry, Durant, Harden, AD, or Giannis? No, but hes clearly in the next level of players.

Hes not like Steph where he can take a back seat and make a huge impact. He has a style that requires him to dominate play. Hes not a LeBron level player that can be super consistent.

I think anyone who thinks hes not a top 10 player is crazy. Compared to other 'stat padder' type players - Melo, Love, etc...I think he is so far and away better than those guys ever were.

^^^^

25 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

If the Cavs pick 2nd and Zion goes 1 what should the Cavs do?

A. Take Ja 

B. Take RJ 

C. Trade down and pick up an extra lottery pick like ATL last year 

I’d pretty easily take Ja and be thrilled with how things turned out.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Because you don't think we will get Zion or because you want him more?

I’d be just as fine with Ja as Zion if given the choice in today’s game. I do think Zion obviously would bring the national attention. If Zion’s off the board though, Ja is hands down a better player than Barrett. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

If the Cavs pick 2nd and Zion goes 1 what should the Cavs do?

A. Take Ja 

B. Take RJ 

C. Trade down and pick up an extra lottery pick like ATL last year 

Ja is easily the 2nd best player in the draft. Easy choice. 

Trading down is stupid. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck