Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

19 hours ago, buno67 said:

Might be different now with his stroke issues

Why? Do you think they arm wrestled or had word pronunciation contests to determine who made the call?  

Of Gilbert has enough mental capacity to name the guy he wants, Kobe is gonna pick him as Gilbert signs the checks. Gilbert doesn’t care what GM’s think.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why? Do you think they arm wrestled or had word pronunciation contests to determine who made the call?  

Of Gilbert has enough mental capacity to name the guy he wants, Kobe is gonna pick him as Gilbert signs the checks. Gilbert doesn’t care what GM’s think.

That he might not want to be as hands on or what to be that Involved with his health issue. That’s all I’m getting at.  

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

That he might not want to be as hands on or what to be that Involved with his health issue. That’s all I’m getting at.  

I get it, I’d just be shocked if he was that willing to give up control.

Some people are good at delegating and some have to have control.  Maybe I’m wrong, but that doesn’t seem like a personality trait I’d expect a guy with Gilbert’s success to change now.

59 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get it, I’d just be shocked if he was that willing to give up control.

Some people are good at delegating and some have to have control.  Maybe I’m wrong, but that doesn’t seem like a personality trait I’d expect a guy with Gilbert’s success to change now.

So true but I would think after having that major health issue he might start reconsidering things.   

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

If Anthony Edwards or James Wiseman are not available when the Cavaliers pick at 5, I would hope that Deni Avdija is available.   I think he has the skills to become an All star small forward.

Peace!!!

Another prospect to keep a eye on is Patrick Williams SF/PF from Florida St. 

Read that there is a lot of rumblings how teams love him pre-draft and he is a riser that could go in that 5-7 range.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Avidja, Okoro, or Toppin?

Avdija. He is a literal perfect fit for what this team needs. He's what Cedi Osman would be if you maxed out all of his intangibles and made him an elite passer. Avdija is a great defender, especially as a help-side shot blocker. He's literally perfect for us.

Okoro is awesome too. I'd be just fine adding him, although his offensive game is definitely limited to a transition runner at this point. He's a decent passer and ball handler, but he doesn't shoot the ball well in catch & shoots or off the dribble. He does have some Kawhi Leonard-like upside though. I wouldn't complain if he was the pick.

Toppin isn't bad, but I don't think we need another dude that doesn't defend very well. His offensive game translates to the NBA very well, but I don't want another slow-footed offensive-minded PF. Love's long-term replacement at PF should have some defensive versatility. Plus I know it's crazy, but I don't really know if I like 22 year old rookies. It does somewhat limit their upside usually.

Give me Deni, Okoro, or Okongwu. I might take Okongwu over all of them if we could find a trade partner for Drummond or Love. He's my top rated player.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Avdija. He is a literal perfect fit for what this team needs. He's what Cedi Osman would be if you maxed out all of his intangibles and made him an elite passer. Avdija is a great defender, especially as a help-side shot blocker. He's literally perfect for us.

Okoro is awesome too. I'd be just fine adding him, although his offensive game is definitely limited to a transition runner at this point. He's a decent passer and ball handler, but he doesn't shoot the ball well in catch & shoots or off the dribble. He does have some Kawhi Leonard-like upside though. I wouldn't complain if he was the pick.

Toppin isn't bad, but I don't think we need another dude that doesn't defend very well. His offensive game translates to the NBA very well, but I don't want another slow-footed offensive-minded PF. Love's long-term replacement at PF should have some defensive versatility. Plus I know it's crazy, but I don't really know if I like 22 year old rookies. It does somewhat limit their upside usually.

Give me Deni, Okoro, or Okongwu. I might take Okongwu over all of them if we could find a trade partner for Drummond or Love. He's my top rated player.

Welcome to the board amigo!!!!!!  And I forgot about Okongwu

Edited by big poppa pump

6 hours ago, QBIso said:

Avdija is a great help defender, but he'll be limited in on-ball defense against some of the elite 3's in the NBA.  Still a great prospect and who my #1 is.

Okoro I think has a better shot than given credit for, but his defensive ability is elite and he has the same type of work ethic/dog in him as Sexton so having those two being leaders in that department would really help the Cleveland culture in always going 100%.

Toppin is viewed more as a stretch 5, think PJ Tucker, by teams that are looking at drafting him high more so than a 4 as it will help hide some his perimeter defensive liabilities.  Granted he'll need to add another 30+ lbs to get to around 250lb and around the same size as TT, but there is a path where drafting him at #5 isn't horrid.

But overall I'm a Deni/Okoro/Okongwu/Toppin order myself as well.

8 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Avidja, Okoro, or Toppin?

Who should be the pick, assuming Ball, Edwards, and Wiseman are all gone?

I admittedly did not watch a ton of college hoops last year, and don't know much about any of them.

Avaidja or toppin. You don’t draft a non shooting defender at 5. We’re not the Spurs we’re not turning him into kawhi. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck